ImageImageImageImageImage

Hawes???

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Re: Hawes??? 

Post#21 » by kylem4711 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:33 am

mattd13 wrote:the real question is what are we going to do in the playoffs with hawes, Austin, and nate as the back ups. I see a disaster waiting to happen. I hope I am wrong.

limit their minutes and run blake, cp3, and dj into the ground
mattd13
Senior
And1: 119

Post#22 » by mattd13 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:03 pm

lets hope we do not have to do that until the finals. however I am sure along the way they will have to play big minutes. if they stay healthy w have a chance. our starters are as good as anybody.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#23 » by mttwlsn16 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:25 am

mattd13 wrote:the real question is what are we going to do in the playoffs with hawes, Austin, and nate as the back ups. I see a disaster waiting to happen. I hope I am wrong.

Let Austin rot on the bench
Assuming Jamal is healthy, that would cut into any minutes Nate and Austin would see
Play Turk over Hawes
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Let Hawes Be Hawes 

Post#24 » by Ranma » Mon Apr 6, 2015 3:48 am

I think Mike Smith made a good point the other night about Spencer Hawes' struggles. The key seems to be having Hawes be a center who can shoot the three instead of just a center shooting threes. Doc once again is forcing the issue and misreading how to use a particular player's skill set.

Spencer, despite his defensive limitations, seems most comfortable playing center in the post while finding his way out to beyond the arc when the defense allows for it for wide open 3-point attempts. Doc, on the other hand, seems to insist on using him primarily as a spot-up shooter a la Steve Novak. This is especially troublesome since it not only takes away from some of the other aspects of Hawes' game, particularly his passing, but it, ironically, also limits his shooting ability since the defense can defend him easier given his slow windup for a shot as a standstill shooter.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip

Return to Los Angeles Clippers