ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 365

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#2401 » by wakelaunch1 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:43 am

Damn the clippers messed this up. Could have gotten him with either pick. I tried to tell you all, we could have been using him with the backup minutes instead of washed batum.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#2402 » by esqtvd » Fri Nov 3, 2023 6:15 am

uh oh

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#2403 » by esqtvd » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:31 am

Clippers East

Read on Twitter

Nico
Tobias
Mook

with Pat Bev
Robert Covington
KJ Martin

on the bench
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 365

Post#2404 » by wakelaunch1 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:29 am

Trayce Jackson Davis getting real productive minutes tonight. We wasted our pick on Jordan Miller who plays a position we have triplets of. TJD is already better than Diabate. More polished.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 999

Post#2405 » by clipperlover » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:59 pm

All-Star Game voting started on the 19th. I think this may be the hardest year in the West to choose. It all comes down to the fan vote. If the fan votes do something unexpected, then it makes the coaches choice much harder.

You have Minny with the Top record in the West, so will they have more than one?
The Nuggets are the defending champs, so do they get more than Jokic?
The Clips are streaking, but do they get more than 1 player?
Does OKC get more than Shai?
Sac has started well, but do they get more than Fox?
Luka is a given for the Mavs, but what about Irving? Will his past help him.
Will the Pelicans have anyone?
The Lakers won the IST, but have been blah outside of those games. Will their fans vote in both LeBron and AD? If only one gets voted in, does the other get left out?
The Rockets have been a surprise, but do they deserve any spots?
How many spots should be given to Durant, Booker and Steph when their teams are struggling around .500?
Will the coaches shun Ja if he is tearing it up in January and the Griz go on a winning streak?
What happens if Wemby gets voted as a starter?

If all of the top 10 teams in the West have 1 player, then who rounds out the roster?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#2406 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:07 am

Read on Twitter
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#2407 » by clipperlover » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:18 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Read on Twitter

Funny. Kerr wasn't complaining about the refs swallowing their whistles when his Warriors were setting illegal screens to open their shooters during their heydays. Now that they aren't the Golden child of the NBA and aren't getting the calls, he complains. He wasn't complaining about officials when they swallowed their whistles constantly after Draymond picked up a Tech. He would get worse after the 1st tech knowing they weren't going to T him up again and toss him.

F Kerr and his whining.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,265

Post#2408 » by wco81 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:50 pm

So attack the messenger, not the message?

If players are regularly going to the line 12-15 times or more a game is that something enjoyable to watch?

Especially if some of those players are foul-baiting?
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#2409 » by clipperlover » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:22 am

wco81 wrote:So attack the messenger, not the message?

If players are regularly going to the line 12-15 times or more a game is that something enjoyable to watch?

Especially if some of those players are foul-baiting?

Maybe he should tell his players not to commit shooting fouls. The first 4 fouls of the 3rd quarter led to 7 FTs. Then, Ball Puncher Paul pushes Reggie Jackson to put the Nuggets into the bonus with 5 minutes left in the quarter. So, at the point of 5 fouls the Nuggets took over half their FTs for the Qtr. Once you get into an early bonus, a competent team will drive to the basket and draw fouls to live at the line the rest of the quarter.

Most of Jokic's FTs in that quarter (6 of the 10) came AFTER the Nuggets were in the bonus.

Would fans rather watch a team that attacks the rim constantly and earns points at the line or watch a team chuck up 1-11 from 3 in the 4th quarter? I am going to have to go with the former on that one.

The loss couldn't have been based on a 10-31 combined shooting performance from 2 star players? Surely, the loss had to be because of FTs. Also, no way the loss could be because the Warriors have no size to compete against Jokic and Gordon.

The Nuggets are now 5-0 the last two season vs the Warriors and haven't been beat by the Warriors since 2021-2022. All of their losses in 2021-2022 came using a starting lineup that included Jeff Green, Monte Morris and Will Barton/Silver Spoon Rivers.
wco81
RealGM

Post#2410 » by wco81 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:36 am

Again, you want to focus on the person saying it and a particular game, that's your right.

There is a larger point about how the game flows and how officiating can impact that flow, which results in a game that some would say isn't that esthetically pleasing.

If Harden got the kind of whistle he was getting in his Houston days, Clippers fans would probably be happy because of the result but would you enjoy that kind of game?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#2411 » by esqtvd » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:40 pm

GOAT

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,201

Post#2412 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:22 pm

Read on Twitter

I had to do a double take because I thought this was a parody account.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#2413 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:48 pm

Clippers East

Read on Twitter

Nico, Pat Bev, Tobias, Mook
Not pictured: RoCo, KJ Martin
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#2414 » by nickhx2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:04 pm

my goodness, bucks fired griffin and now shams is reporting doc's on their radar

imagine potentially having nick nurse but then downgrading to doc. bodes well for us, though, in that it takes a major player in the east down a couple pegs.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,201

Post#2415 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:10 am

Bucks fans are rationalizing it by claiming that Doc had nothing but choke artists for players at his previous jobs and Giannis and Dame are clutch enough to make him look good.

Reality: Doc blew a 3-2 lead with Ray Allen and a 3-1 lead with Kawhi. There is no player clutch enough to overcome Doc's historic playoff meltdowns. We all know what's going to happen. He won't make adjustments, they'll get run out of the gym in an elimination game and he'll let Lillard and Giannis take all the blame from the media.

It's incredible that Doc is still getting coaching jobs. One look at his elimination game record, Game 7 record, and blown series leads should be enough for any serious franchise to keep him off their list.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#2416 » by playaloc916 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:03 am

Bucks FO can't make two bad coaching hires in a row... right??

There's not many suitable coaches available for a team trying to contend. My guess is they re-hire both Bud and Stotts (as lead assistant). Hiring Stotts probably makes Dame happy as well as help Bud not repeat whatever he did to get fired. I'd be alright with that given the lack of available coaches.

This talk about Doc might be leaked from his own camp or something lol.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#2417 » by nickhx2 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:30 am

i mean if a team goes out of its way to can the coach they won a ring with in the manner they did, and as a scapegoat despite obvious injuries, only to hire a rookie HC over nick nurse, etc. etc. etc.

WELL, i'll just say whatever processes that led to repeat questionable after questionable decision are almost certainly still in place lol
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#2418 » by nickhx2 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:34 am

also kinda wanna add:

this sequence of moves feels way too much like doc/sterling era clippers, with horrendous decisions compounded by continued horrendous decisions. suppose there's a particular irony if they do end up with doc.
wco81
RealGM

Post#2419 » by wco81 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:59 am

nickhx2 wrote:i mean if a team goes out of its way to can the coach they won a ring with in the manner they did, and as a scapegoat despite obvious injuries, only to hire a rookie HC over nick nurse, etc. etc. etc.

WELL, i'll just say whatever processes that led to repeat questionable after questionable decision are almost certainly still in place lol

Supposedly many in the Bucks front office wanted Nurse but the speculation is that Giannis approved of Griffin.

He may also be behind this firing too.

Doc has managed to do well relatively-speaking by signing on to teams with good rosters.

NBA head coaches make way more money than TV sports analysts but this may be a no-win situation for him. That roster is not as good as maybe 2 other EC teams. Maybe they'd also get upset by a lower seed again.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#2420 » by nickhx2 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:08 am

wco81 wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:i mean if a team goes out of its way to can the coach they won a ring with in the manner they did, and as a scapegoat despite obvious injuries, only to hire a rookie HC over nick nurse, etc. etc. etc.

Supposedly many in the Bucks front office wanted Nurse but the speculation is that Giannis approved of Griffin.

He may also be behind this firing too.

Doc has managed to do well relatively-speaking by signing on to teams with good rosters.

NBA head coaches make way more money than TV sports analysts but this may be a no-win situation for him. That roster is not as good as maybe 2 other EC teams. Maybe they'd also get upset by a lower seed again.

yeah it was my impression that they went with griffin to appease giannis.

possibly no-win for doc in terms of who gets the blame in case they fail, but who knows? sometimes people learn, and life is such that you simply can't say no to certain classes of opportunities when they come up: head coach of an NBA team with a superstar and still pretty talented team being one of them.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers