ImageImageImageImageImage

LA Clippers (6-4) VS GS Warriors (12-0)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mattd13
Senior
And1: 119

Re: LA Clippers (6-4) VS GS Warriors (12-0) 

Post#81 » by mattd13 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:23 pm

I turn the sound off when they are talking. I can not stand that program.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#82 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:13 pm

I'm fortunate to have attended both TNT games this year in person and miss out on what those guys have to say.

This league is changing and the game s being won in different ways. They still think basketball is being won like it was in the 90s and that they can project the feelings that they have from then on this game.

It used to get bother me….not anymore.
This team is flawed but the TNT commentators sure as hell don't know why and can never ever tell the people why.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#83 » by nickhx2 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:01 pm

i just know their idiocy reached new highs last year and has continued to do so this year.

barkley saying that cp3 didn't deserve to be an all-star last year?

reggie saying draymond was the best passing big man in the game? while at the same time watching blake destroy people?

k
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Post#84 » by Wammy Giveaway » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:I can understand and accept criticism when it is accurate, but these TNT guys are so misinformed.

It's not misinformation, nor is it idiocy. It's actually historical bias. The Clippers, until the Chris Paul trade, have been nothing but losers, therefore the belief is they will always screw things up, on and off the court. There is nothing they can do to change that habit; it's in their nature, just like The Simpsons, a dysfunctional family that has lots of faults, most of which coming from Homer.

The only difference between the two is that The Simpsons have adapted well to their fault. The Clippers have not.

Everybody in the media gives what I'd like to call "prejudicial arguments," which is basically harsh, unrelenting, venomous rants in the guise of constructive criticism as a way to put down a team's confidence and psyche. A fan of another team would brush these arguments off as objective, if only because it's not affecting their team. A casual fan who knows very little of basketball would also take these same comments as objective as part of their society status quo. It's a habit that can never be erased unless there is consistent winning. But winning is hard and losing is easy.

I just think the Clippers suffer from a desire for quick fixes. It takes years to change such losing habits. There's a great chance that these habits will never break until the next generation arrives and is given the opportunity to learn from these mistakes.

It's only a matter of time before the Clippers end up on the Oddity Archive. If they want to avoid being on that wall of shame, they need to do something now.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers