ImageImageImageImageImage

Blake's Sacrifice

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,601

Blake's Sacrifice 

Post#1 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:35 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636280-blake-griffins-ultimate-sacrifice-deserves-recogntion-despite-clippers-demise

I still think it was a bad call for multiple reasons.

1. You had to know you weren't getting past the Spurs or GS this year and even if you did, the Cavs always seem to kill us.

2. Now you spend another summer like you did as a rookie completely healing/rehabbing with zero chance to add to your game and grow as a player.

So I would of taken 4-6 months, season ending surgery and have him grow on the Olympics squad like all young guys seem to and be 100 percent healthy and ready to go for NEXT year when hopefully GS will be nowhere near the same powerhouse.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,176

Re: Blake's Sacrifice 

Post#2 » by og15 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:42 pm

If there was a "high possibility", that usually means you shouldn't be playing. Surgery in December would have put him out for the season, and maybe that might have been better because the team would know their situation and would have tried to plan accordingly (eg: try to get a PF like Bass at the trade deadline for example).
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#3 » by Clemenza » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:59 pm

He should not have played if he was hurt. The fanbase was kept in the dark about everything that transpired with him this season. He suited up so we thought he was ready to go. That's nothing but a spin piece.
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#4 » by kylem4711 » Mon May 2, 2016 6:04 am

he came back to save face and it bit him in the ass. hope he heals soon and can finally jump again.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#5 » by Kabookalu » Tue May 3, 2016 10:59 am

I remember a story in college where Griffin hit his head hard, but still wanted to play. He was so adamant about getting back on the court, but the coach absolutely refused to put him back in. After the game they diagnosed Griffin and said that if he played, he could have died.

I don't know if it's a sacrifice, or if it's just Griffin being incredibly stubborn.
Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers