og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,180

Re: Round 1 Game 7: LA Clippers 3 VS Jazz 3 

Post#81 » by og15 » Mon May 1, 2017 10:58 pm

donemilio21 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Screw Paul he doesn't deserve anything more than anyone else! He was slow out the gates and looking looked disinterested. He made up his mind he didn't care then tried to pick his spots late when it was over. If he stays or goes he is just as much of at fault.

This! Tired of the constant excuses and everyone else always being thrown under the bus. CP3 is asking for an unprecedented $210 million contract this summer. Did he look like a $210 million player at any point today? He certainly didn't to me.

Is CP3 the only one to blame? No. But he was part of the problem today and has been in all of our playoff failures in this era. Denying that is ridiculous and unfair to the rest of our players.

If you take CP3 out of this team, the remaining roster won't even make the playoffs. Not with a coach like Doc.

Well that's not a coaching issue. I'm assuming you mean both CP and Blake, but if those two are out, the best coach in the league isn't getting that team to the playoffs.

To the other discussion. I think the stars have deserved a better supporting cast than the management has given them. They haven't been able to cover up for the stars weaknesses since this team has been put together and haven't been able to give them a good bench. Outside of that, not much else is deserved.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#82 » by nickhx2 » Mon May 1, 2017 11:16 pm

og15 wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:This! Tired of the constant excuses and everyone else always being thrown under the bus. CP3 is asking for an unprecedented $210 million contract this summer. Did he look like a $210 million player at any point today? He certainly didn't to me.

Is CP3 the only one to blame? No. But he was part of the problem today and has been in all of our playoff failures in this era. Denying that is ridiculous and unfair to the rest of our players.

If you take CP3 out of this team, the remaining roster won't even make the playoffs. Not with a coach like Doc.

Well that's not a coaching issue. I'm assuming you mean both CP and Blake, but if those two are out, the best coach in the league isn't getting that team to the playoffs.

To the other discussion. I think the stars have deserved a better supporting cast than the management has given them. They haven't been able to cover up for the stars weaknesses since this team has been put together and haven't been able to give them a good bench. Outside of that, not much else is deserved.

i will always wonder what this team could have been last season if we had just started luc all year, then ran the second unit with cole/signed the guy from denver whose name escapes me instead of josh smith/wes/lance/austin. so many issues from last year's team are immediately covered up it's unreal.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,180

Post#83 » by og15 » Mon May 1, 2017 11:18 pm

nickhx2 wrote:
og15 wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:

i will always wonder what this team could have been last season if we had just started luc all year, then ran the second unit with cole/signed the guy from denver whose name escapes me instead of josh smith/wes/lance/austin. so many issues from last year's team are immediately covered up it's unreal.
Darell Arthur? It would have been interesting, but Blake and Paul getting injured would still have ruined it lol
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#84 » by nickhx2 » Mon May 1, 2017 11:26 pm

yeah that's him, was hoping we got him the whole time because i really wanted a forward who could shoot and defend some.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#85 » by nickhx2 » Mon May 1, 2017 11:29 pm

and i mean, even if we had josh smith i would have killed to see an all defense second unit lineup with the rest of those guys. no idea why rivers never thought it might be effective.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers