Post#383 » by esqtvd » Fri Nov 3, 2023 12:32 am

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,835

Re: Harden may be coming here? 

Post#384 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:53 am

wco81 wrote:That is the one observation some have made about this trade, that the Clippers could have waited. But Philly probably pushed for it now because his situation there wasn't tenable.

If they wanted to maximize the trade return, they could have strung it out as far as ASB. But if they have any aspirations for success this season, I think they needed to do it really early in the season.

An ASB trade also wouldn’t give them enough time to evaluate how much they may want to offer Harden in the off-season, especially if they got bounced early due to factors that may not have been his fault (bad seed, injury, really tough 1st round opponent, etc.)
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 750

Post#385 » by Captain Ballmer » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:35 am

esqtvd wrote:Harden intro presser

Read on Twitter

lol

Read on Twitter

The only player&team parity that I'm ok with this. It sucks that our system is basically the player who holds the ball system, but if we are there... get the best one in that business then. Give me Harden system over PG13-Rondo-Bledsoe-Wall or Reggie jackson system any day.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,943

Post#386 » by esqtvd » Fri Nov 3, 2023 6:29 am

just like a REAL basketball team and everything

I'm trippin

Read on Twitter
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,446

Post#387 » by og15 » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:15 pm

In the end, the intro pressers are mainly irrelevant. Everyone says the right things, not everyone ends up doing the right things. Some do, some do it for a while then revert, some don't, we'll just have to give it time and see. These guys are capable of making it work, their skills are also versatile enough to mesh, they just have to make it happen.

We'll talk at game 30 or so, even though people won't be able to help but make final conclusions after every single game starting Monday lol
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#388 » by esqtvd » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:34 pm

og15 wrote:In the end, the intro pressers are mainly irrelevant. Everyone says the right things, not everyone ends up doing the right things. Some do, some do it for a while then revert, some don't, we'll just have to give it time and see. These guys are capable of making it work, their skills are also versatile enough to mesh, they just have to make it happen.

We'll talk at game 30 or so, even though people won't be able to help but make final conclusions after every single game starting Monday lol

There are also fan favorites and teammate favorites.

Read on Twitter
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,361

Post#389 » by nickhx2 » Fri Nov 3, 2023 6:25 pm

og15 wrote:In the end, the intro pressers are mainly irrelevant. Everyone says the right things, not everyone ends up doing the right things. Some do, some do it for a while then revert, some don't, we'll just have to give it time and see. These guys are capable of making it work, their skills are also versatile enough to mesh, they just have to make it happen.

as long as he isn't spouting off insanity like kyrie or jonathan isaac then i pretty much couldn't care less about what harden says

partly because i borderline detest him still so it's not like him saying this or that moves the needle for me lol

LITERALLY the only thing that matters at this point is how they look in their first game together. the rest is complete fluff and if people wanna fluff themselves over this fluffing stuff, enjoy?
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,606

Post#390 » by The High Cyde » Fri Nov 3, 2023 6:41 pm

Hoping Harden can help elevate Bones to a level similar to Maxey, who is turning into a star. Maxey is physically more gifted however, but Bones can come into his own over time.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#391 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Nov 3, 2023 10:11 pm

What has Jonathan Isaac said that’s insane?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#392 » by esqtvd » Fri Nov 3, 2023 11:58 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:What has Jonathan Isaac said that’s insane?

"values of faith, family, and freedom!" :wink:

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#393 » by esqtvd » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:05 am

The High Cyde wrote:Hoping Harden can help elevate Bones to a level similar to Maxey, who is turning into a star. Maxey is physically more gifted however, but Bones can come into his own over time.

You would not believe how much Philadelphia loves Maxey. They'd be much cooler with trading Embiid--and they like Embiid a lot. He's in the top 5 of Philly athletes

Bryce
Kelce
Hurts
Joel
Maxey

BTW, Philly is 100% behind dumping Harden, even the people who didn't hate him. Between the drama and the playoff choke, it was time to move on.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#394 » by esqtvd » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:09 am

nickhx2 wrote:

as long as he isn't spouting off insanity like kyrie or jonathan isaac then i pretty much couldn't care less about what harden says

partly because i borderline detest him still so it's not like him saying this or that moves the needle for me lol

LITERALLY the only thing that matters at this point is how they look in their first game together. the rest is complete fluff and if people wanna fluff themselves over this fluffing stuff, enjoy?

That's true. Talk is just talk. As far as Harden talking about being "a system" in himself or Doc "putting him on a leash," Embiid has no #%^ing idea what Beard's talking about.

"But in my opinion, we gave him the ball every single possession, because he's really good. He's an amazing player. Obviously, being that great of a passer, I think we gave him the ball ... we'd give him the ball every single possession to just go out and, you know, do his thing. And from there he had to make decisions as far as getting guys open or looking out for himself," Embiid said.

"But I thought he did a pretty good job of getting us into an offense and just passing the ball, getting guys open. That's the reason why he won the assist title last year."
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#395 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Nov 4, 2023 3:57 pm

I know this was a few years ago, but if Harden is capable of playing anything close to how he played in this game, then he will help the Clippers. This was one of the most masterful performances I've ever seen:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202112270LAC.html
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,835

Post#396 » by madmaxmedia » Sat Nov 4, 2023 4:17 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:I know this was a few years ago, but if Harden is capable of playing anything close to how he played in this game, then he will help the Clippers. This was one of the most masterful performances I've ever seen:

LOL your post gave me flashbacks of the infamous Rockets series, I remember watching Matt Barnes guarding Harden literally with both hands on his own waist to prevent the possibility of any rip fouls…
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 750

Post#397 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Nov 4, 2023 5:28 pm

Last season in Philly, Embiid had 33 ppg via 37% usage(66 games), Maxey had 22 ppg via 24% usage(60 games).
Last season in our team, Kawhi had 23 ppg via 24% usage(52 games), PG13 had 23 ppg via 29% usage(57 games).

If harden can sustain what he did in Philly last year for this season, top 2 gunpower shouldn't effect to much.

OTOH, Russ had 15,8 ppg via 25% usage(21 games) last season and have 15,2 ppg via 21% usage(5 games) in the current season. To compare him to 4th option in Philly Tobias had 14,7 ppg via 18% usage (74 games) last season. Russ might need to gave just a little bit afterall.

The real negative though, Norman&Bones... Trading Norman should be beneficiary for each parties.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#398 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Nov 4, 2023 5:31 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I know this was a few years ago, but if Harden is capable of playing anything close to how he played in this game, then he will help the Clippers. This was one of the most masterful performances I've ever seen:

LOL your post gave me flashbacks of the infamous Rockets series, I remember watching Matt Barnes guarding Harden literally with both hands on his own waist to prevent the possibility of any rip fouls…

I hope he keeps getting calls like that, but it seems that the refs are no longer under his spell
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,446

Post#399 » by og15 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 6:11 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:Last season in Philly, Embiid had 33 ppg via 37% usage(66 games), Maxey had 22 ppg via 24% usage(60 games).
Last season in our team, Kawhi had 23 ppg via 24% usage(52 games), PG13 had 23 ppg via 29% usage(57 games).

If harden can sustain what he did in Philly last year for this season, top 2 gunpower shouldn't effect to much.

OTOH, Russ had 15,8 ppg via 25% usage(21 games) last season and have 15,2 ppg via 21% usage(5 games) in the current season. To compare him to 4th option in Philly Tobias had 14,7 ppg via 18% usage (74 games) last season. Russ might need to gave just a little bit afterall.

The real negative though, Norman&Bones... Trading Norman should be beneficiary for each parties.
Usage is useful, but it only tells us about possessions that ended in a shot, assist or turnover. Harden did shoot a good amount less than usual, no doubt. Harden though was top of the league in touches and time on the ball.

Now, to be fair to Harden about the whole system part, Paul George also complained about feeling restricted playing under Doc. Doc has a way he likes to run the offense, if you have players that fit into that, great, if not, they might get the numbers but feel out of their comfort.

Harden can put up numbers, and especially in situations where he's controlling the ball all game (Kyrie and KD out). He did it with Embiid out in the playoffs last season. The question is can he take advantage of the opportunities others create also, and can he be consistent as a scorer if he isn't dominanting the ball.

It's questionable, but of course having two options ahead of him makes that less of a worry to an extra but it still matters.

In his recent playoffs series' that Philly lost, Harden has had one or two really big games, but then the other games are combined pretty terrible for a player that caliber.

Vs Miami 21-22:
Games 1-3:
17.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 6.7 apg, 5.0 tpg, 37.5% FG, 21.1% 3PT, 56.0% TS

Game 4:
31/7/9, 6 to, 44 FG, 60 3PT, 61.1% TS

Game 5-6:
12.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 6.5 apg, 4.0 tpg, 40.9% FG, 38.5% 3PT, 53.6% TS

Vs Boston 22-23:
Game 1:
45/1/6, 3 tov, 56.7% FG, 50.0% 3PT, 70.8% TS

Games 2-3:
14.0 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 7.5 apg, 2.5 tpg, 17.9% FG, 15.4% 3PT, 38.5% TS

Game 4:
42/8/9, 1 tov, 69.6% FG, 66.7% 3PT, 84.8%% TS

Games 5-7:
13.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 8.7 apg, 4.0 tpg, 31.4% FG, 15.4% 3PT, 45.9% TS

The Clippers need a better baseline consistency in efficiency, then, yea, if you have a great game, awesome, feed him. But great game surrounded by really bad shooting games is always going to be a concern, so either this team finds a way to get him out of that or they find ways to overcome it.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,361

Post#400 » by nickhx2 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 6:15 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:

jj redick defending him just by kinda being in front but not being close enough to foul was absolutely hilarious, not just because of the david vs goliath-ness of it, but because it worked like EVERY time lol

Return to Los Angeles Clippers