Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,016

Re: Harden may be coming here? 

Post#342 » by clipperlover » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:30 am

esqtvd wrote:not feeling Russ is overjoyed here

Read on Twitter

Don't blame him if he is not. He took less money to stay here. Since that time there was talk about Brogdon and Holiday coming in.

All of those guys and Harden make much more than Russ.

On a different note, not seeing Filip (with an F) is a strong signal that they could care less about the guy. Hope they keep they guy and he can be our Serbian that blows up. He had a 17 minute, 17 pt game (3/3/ from 3) vs Lithuania in the FIBA quarter finals. So, he could possibly provide something that Plumlee or Zu don't at C.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,356

Post#343 » by Scoundreldays » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:52 am

clipperlover wrote:

Read on Twitter

Don't blame him if he is not. He took less money to stay here. Since that time there was talk about Brogdon and Holiday coming in.

All of those guys and Harden make much more than Russ.
I wouldn't mind it would be nice to have a stretch center

On a different note, not seeing Filip (with an F) is a strong signal that they could care less about the guy. Hope they keep they guy and he can be our Serbian that blows up. He had a 17 minute, 17 pt game (3/3/ from 3) vs Lithuania in the FIBA quarter finals. So, he could possibly provide something that Plumlee or Zu don't at C.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,497

Post#344 » by Roscoe Sheed » Wed Nov 1, 2023 5:15 am

I wonder if the Clippers give Blake Griffin a call. They are short of power forwards now- but I want Brown to get some minutes so he can develop. Would be nice to have Blake finish his career with the Clippers though
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,405

Post#345 » by og15 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:53 pm

Read on Twitter

I thought they were just messing around for the cameras, but there is definitely some usurping of his role and place on the team that will be happening.
jengmann3
Sophomore
And1: 105

Post#346 » by jengmann3 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:38 pm

Good team win. The Russ energy is a difference maker. Id love to get Jonathan Isaac's. Is he out of the rotation in Orlando. Probably a pipe dream but him and Jalen Suggs would be great as defenders off the bench. It may take norm and maybe Brandon Boston. Though I'm not in a rush to trade Norm.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,764

Post#347 » by KL2 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 3:06 pm

So what’s the hold up for this becoming official? Physicals?

Did I hear right on the broadcast they’re not expected to play until Monday in NY? Gives them 4 days to practice and whatnot.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,764

Post#348 » by KL2 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 3:43 pm

Read on Twitter
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,299

Post#349 » by wco81 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 5:36 pm

It's only a week into the season but the Clippers have the best Defensive Rating and the best Net Rating in the league.

Harden isn't going to grind on defense.

But if he allows the Clippers to cut KL and PG's minutes while still having a very good offense, that's the ideal scenario, isn't it?
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#350 » by clipsfever » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:09 pm

Interesting idea that Harden might allow Lue to less blatantly "load manage" PG13 and Klaw, in-game.

By rule, we have to have 14 on the main roster, so I can only assume Petrusev sticks... cutting his non-guranteed deal and adding a new #14 and/or a #15 as well only adds to Ballmer's stratospheric tax bill... but billionaires see things differently.

Not hating the idea of Kobe, Diabate, Petrusev, Coffey (and his league worst stats acknowledged) slugging it out for the 10th man / backup PF role.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,824

Post#351 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:15 pm

wco81 wrote:It's only a week into the season but the Clippers have the best Defensive Rating and the best Net Rating in the league.

But if he allows the Clippers to cut KL and PG's minutes while still having a very good offense, that's the ideal scenario, isn't it?

They all have to play a little less, and work a little less to get their points as well. More assisted shots for PG and KL are a great thing. Everyone talks about team age which is a significant factor (as is defense), but adding a 3rd legit star level player is a big deal for this team IMO and we didn't give up any important current players. A lot of potential pro's and con's to be sure.

On top of that, the pick we gave up (or the swaps) could turn out to be the next Lebron or 'just' SGA, or the next Keon Johnson or Jerome Robinson.There's a thread on the GB right now about how bad Jalen Green is, the 2nd pick in the 2021 draft. IMO the trade has made things a lot more interesting and entertaining.
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#352 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:17 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:I wonder if the Clippers give Blake Griffin a call. They are short of power forwards now- but I want Brown to get some minutes so he can develop. Would be nice to have Blake finish his career with the Clippers though

I wonder if enough time has passed for Blake to consider coming back for a victory lap, I would completely understand if he has no desire to return. For sure the fans would embrace him like he never left.
PeteyPablo
Rookie
And1: 831

Post#353 » by PeteyPablo » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:30 pm

I still have a pair of Blake Griffin Jordan shoes. In hindsight , they are ugly shoes but I paid for them for the love of Lob City and BG32.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#354 » by og15 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 7:08 pm

jengmann3 wrote:Good team win. The Russ energy is a difference maker. Id love to get Jonathan Isaac's. Is he out of the rotation in Orlando. Probably a pipe dream but him and Jalen Suggs would be great as defenders off the bench. It may take norm and maybe Brandon Boston. Though I'm not in a rush to trade Norm.

I don't think Isaac can stay healthy man, it's like a Jonathan Bender type situation if anyone remembers him.

madmaxmedia wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I wonder if the Clippers give Blake Griffin a call. They are short of power forwards now- but I want Brown to get some minutes so he can develop. Would be nice to have Blake finish his career with the Clippers though

I wonder if enough time has passed for Blake to consider coming back for a victory lap, I would completely understand if he has no desire to return. For sure the fans would embrace him like he never left.
Blake would likely come if the teams and him, but my guess would be that the team wants a more lengthy type player for the role, or if not the player would need to be a more reliable ouifr shooer. Length is not a strong suit of Blake's, and with all the complaining about age, getting a 34 year old Blake to take away possible Kobe Brown minutes unless he would be super high impact (he won't) doesn't seem to make sense.
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#355 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Nov 1, 2023 7:11 pm

og15 wrote:
jengmann3 wrote:Good team win. The Russ energy is a difference maker. Id love to get Jonathan Isaac's. Is he out of the rotation in Orlando. Probably a pipe dream but him and Jalen Suggs would be great as defenders off the bench. It may take norm and maybe Brandon Boston. Though I'm not in a rush to trade Norm.

I don't think Isaac can stay healthy man, it's like a Jonathan Bender type situation if anyone remembers him.

madmaxmedia wrote:

Blake would likely come if the teams and him, but my guess would be that the team wants a more lengthy type player for the role, or if not the player would need to be a more reliable ouifr shooer. Length is not a strong suit of Blake's, and with all the complaining about age, getting a 34 year old Blake to take away possible Kobe Brown minutes unless he would be super high impact (he won't) doesn't seem to make sense.

Your comments about age and height of course make complete sense, even though the nostalgia factor is strong. I haven't seen him much the last couple of years, I wonder if he at least can still bring energy and hustle.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#356 » by og15 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 7:38 pm

Just going to add this, even though it won't happen. With how Westbrook has played with the other starters, and with him being more of a leader, that should not be messed with.

Harden should be put into the 6th man role, ala Manu Ginobili as Westbrook is the Tony Parker.

Yea, I know, not happening, but when thinking in terms of cohesiveness and balance, that might actually be the best situation if ego's were not fragile.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 942

Post#357 » by NickP » Wed Nov 1, 2023 7:42 pm

It'll be interesting to see how Lue incorporates all this talent at his disposal. Between Harden/George and Harden/Kawhi, they will win a lot of regular season games given their history of sitting games out. I like this move because we still kept Mann but it'll also curtail Mann's development as a starter. I'm definitely excited to see where this goes.
If all of them are healthy then anything less than the finals is a fail.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#358 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Nov 1, 2023 7:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Of course we trade the only player we acquired who's under 30 before seeing him play a single game. This front office is beyond satire.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,939

Post#359 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 1, 2023 8:14 pm

lol

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,016

Post#360 » by clipperlover » Wed Nov 1, 2023 8:27 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
wco81 wrote:It's only a week into the season but the Clippers have the best Defensive Rating and the best Net Rating in the league.

They all have to play a little less, and work a little less to get their points as well. More assisted shots for PG and KL are a great thing. Everyone talks about team age which is a significant factor (as is defense), but adding a 3rd legit star level player is a big deal for this team IMO and we didn't give up any important current players. A lot of potential pro's and con's to be sure.

On top of that, the pick we gave up (or the swaps) could turn out to be the next Lebron or 'just' SGA, or the next Keon Johnson or Jerome Robinson.There's a thread on the GB right now about how bad Jalen Green is, the 2nd pick in the 2021 draft. IMO the trade has made things a lot more interesting and entertaining.

Ballmer doesn't care about picks. He is just going to keep buying his roster. I just read an article yesterday that he is now the 6th richest person in the world. He can literally take a billion each year and lose it all on the Clippers and write it off as a business expense. His staff sees this, so they don't care about developing anyone. Until Ballmer is concerned about the money is spending on the Clips, he isn't going to change course. His leadership team will just recommend trades that add to the payroll.

If he was a cash strapped owner, the roster would be built much differently.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers