Game #5: LAC (3-1) @ LAL (2-2) WED 11/1 7PM—ESPN

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,943

Re: Game #5: LAC (3-1) @ LAL (2-2) WED 11/1 7PM—ESPN 

Post#101 » by esqtvd » Sat Nov 4, 2023 6:48 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:ya feels like it's fated to be another marcus morris type situation but what can you do

PJ tucker got 5 OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS in 21 minutes yesterday. If they don't respect your shooting, you gotta make them pay. In PJ's case, he don't make corner treys as a penalty instead he get those off rebounds since no one around him boxing out. That's way more contribution to the team than what Morris had in the last 2 years already. He also sets great screens in the offense.

I'm okay with Kobe Brown getting all of his minutes, even wanted too. But I'm totally ok with a guy like Tucker in this squad, getting some minutes(not standard rotation minutes) here and there. To be precisely, I mean I want him on a Taysom Hill role in the Saints. Gadget player.

Plumlee is the bigger worry. He is leaking points. You might see Tucker take HIS minutes when matchups permit. His job will be to box out on D and steal whatever offensive rebounds he can. Offensively, just stand in the corner and threaten the 3 to stretch the floor. He doesn't even need to shoot any as long as he draws a defender out there.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#102 » by esqtvd » Sun Nov 5, 2023 1:47 am

Lakers blown out by 20 by the Magic tonight despite Bron going 35 minutes

lol

Read on Twitter
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 390

Post#103 » by wakelaunch1 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:04 am

Free Kobe!!! Give him all the PF minutes
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#104 » by esqtvd » Sun Nov 5, 2023 4:47 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:Free Kobe!!! Give him all the PF minutes

There are no PF minutes in modern NBA lol

There are no Power Forwards in modern NBA except AD. He was great tonight, even in a loss. Giannis, if you want to call him a PF. But if you're not ~10 rpg, you're not a PF.

In fact, I would trade half our team for a Dennis Rodman right now. And so would most of the NBA. But there are none. That's why he's HOF.

Pure genius to put him on Jordan's Bulls. Two rings on the Pistons then 3 more in CHI. Dude was sick.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 749

Post#105 » by Captain Ballmer » Sun Nov 5, 2023 8:40 am

If I know Ty Lue by now, He has a better chance to be the small ball center in closing lineups over Mason-Zu than back-up PF spot. He can shoot&pass(maybe dribble?). He rebounds better than Roco&Morris&Batum but that bar is pretty low in here. He should be ok with that size/fat to box people out. Bigger risk would be how is he gonna look defensively.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#106 » by esqtvd » Sun Nov 5, 2023 9:59 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:

If I know Ty Lue by now, He has a better chance to be the small ball center in closing lineups over Mason-Zu than back-up PF spot. He can shoot&pass(maybe dribble?). He rebounds better than Roco&Morris&Batum but that bar is pretty low in here. He should be ok with that size/fat to box people out. Bigger risk would be how is he gonna look defensively.

If he can just copy PJ Tucker's game, he'll have a long career. Kobe's 10 pounds heavier, a bit taller [6-foot-6½ without shoes] with a hair more wingspan. He's also shown plus 3-pt ability. Couldn't have a better model than PJ.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers