Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,361

Re: Game #6: LAC (3-2) @ KNICKS (2-4) MON 11/6 4:30 PM 

Post#101 » by Scoundreldays » Tue Nov 7, 2023 11:10 pm

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Isn't that what KD had last year or the precious year? Will be out probably atleast 6 weeks?

May have slightly overrated last night but we need to keep that defensive mindset we had the first few games.

I'm not expert but if we stagger 2 of the big four. I feel Westbrook and PG should stay together. They clearly have history and PG plays solid with him. Harden Kawhi both seem to like that slower pace so I think they would be okay together
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,765

Post#102 » by KL2 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 11:13 pm

Read on Twitter
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,460

Post#103 » by og15 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 1:08 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:I want everything and I want it now!

I want a serious franchise, and after 53 mostly unserious years, I don't think it's an unfair thing to ask.

The franchise had a fool as owner for 44 of those years, so what were we expecting? If we became Clippers fans with Sterling as an owner expecting a championship, wasn't the joke on us? I mean of course many of us might have been much younger and didn't understand, but as adults, we certainly can't be saying, "why hasn't this franchise won" and being beat down by it as if we're ignorant of what the franchise has been.

The group that has been around for 8 years and in the 9th has no culpability for the sins of the previous guy. Had nothing to do with them. Sucks for us as the fans, but life isn't fair either and our tears won't make it any more fair.

8 years is nothing in the life of an NBA team. The Clippers have had zero seasons under .500 in the Ballmer era.

The Clippers have had five 50+ win equivalent seasons in that span (5/8 seasons). The Clippers also took a chance on a known injury prone superstar, a chance everyone applauded, and he's had one healthy playoffs in 4 seasons, and the one healthy one, his co-star was mentally unhealthy.
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 390

Post#104 » by wakelaunch1 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 1:43 am

We gotta trade Powell for some front court depth. 4/5. He doesnt really fit with the addition of Harden. Plus we are now so guard heavy.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#105 » by Roscoe Sheed » Wed Nov 8, 2023 2:15 am

I'm very happy that Plumlee isn't out for the season. I think he fits better with Harden because he is more athletic and can catch lob passes better than Zubac.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,943

Post#106 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 8, 2023 2:40 am

Scoundreldays wrote:
KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Isn't that what KD had last year or the precious year? Will be out probably atleast 6 weeks?

May have slightly overrated last night but we need to keep that defensive mindset we had the first few games.

I'm not expert but if we stagger 2 of the big four. I feel Westbrook and PG should stay together. They clearly have history and PG plays solid with him. Harden Kawhi both seem to like that slower pace so I think they would be okay together

Very ace eye-test and BB IQ observations, bro.

There are those who laugh at plus/minus but rest assured everyone from the GM suite to the coaches to the underlings in the film room will look at the 2-man lineup numbers as to who plays better with whom.

Because the scoreboard doesn't lie. ;-) What SHOULD work doesn't always work.

HINT: The best 2-man lineup will ALWAYS be Kawhi and PG. Ty has to figure it backwards from there. There are 240 minutes to fill in an NBA regulation game. THAT is the coach's job, to fill them.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/traditional?GroupQuantity=2&TeamID=1610612746&dir=D&slug=traditional&sort=PLUS_MINUS
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#107 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 8, 2023 2:47 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:We gotta trade Powell for some front court depth. 4/5. He doesnt really fit with the addition of Harden. Plus we are now so guard heavy.

Spoiler:
Duh, yeah, thanks. So says EVERYBODY. There's not a single Powell fan in all of Clipperdom. And we need a PF.

Do you ever actually read our board? Or just fire off comments?

It's supposed to be a community, you know. We talk. Then we listen to each other. We exchange facts and stats. We discuss. Other people are here too, you know. We are not your psychiatrist or your wife or your bartender. They all get PAID to listen to your BS. We don't.

IF you're not Marvin-To-Vomit's sock puppet fake shadow account [doubtful], try to get with the flow? We have enough turds in the punchbowl around here. We ALL know the 100 reasons why the Clippers will never win the NBA title in our lifetimes.

This is supposed to be fun. Nobody needs you or Vomit to swoop in to drop a dookie whenever we lose.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,283

Post#108 » by Clemenza » Wed Nov 8, 2023 2:55 am

Since anything goes this season, we might as well say f*ck it and go all the way with it and pick up Kai Jones imo. As long as he's not on dope and he has his mental facilities upstairs again. Not to mention since Lawrence Frank gave away the 23 year old 6' 11" Petrusev for peanuts.. who actually made Philly's roster this season.

Read on Twitter

-As for the team, too many cooks in the kitchen. Hopefully Ty gets it right by December
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,274

Post#109 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Nov 8, 2023 3:05 am

Clemenza wrote:Since anything goes this season, we might as well say f*ck it and go all the way with it and pick up Kai Jones imo.

He'd still be at least 10 years too young to ever get any playing time from Lue even if he was sane.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,019

Post#110 » by clipperlover » Wed Nov 8, 2023 3:15 am

og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:I want everything and I want it now!

I want a serious franchise, and after 53 mostly unserious years, I don't think it's an unfair thing to ask.

The franchise had a fool as owner for 44 of those years, so what were we expecting? If we became Clippers fans with Sterling as an owner expecting a championship, wasn't the joke on us? I mean of course many of us might have been much younger and didn't understand, but as adults, we certainly can't be saying, "why hasn't this franchise won" and being beat down by it as if we're ignorant of what the franchise has been.

The group that has been around for 8 years and in the 9th has no culpability for the sins of the previous guy. Had nothing to do with them. Sucks for us as the fans, but life isn't fair either and our tears won't make it any more fair.

8 years is nothing in the life of an NBA team. The Clippers have had zero seasons under .500 in the Ballmer era.

The Clippers have had five 50+ win equivalent seasons in that span (5/8 seasons). The Clippers also took a chance on a known injury prone superstar, a chance everyone applauded, and he's had one healthy playoffs in 4 seasons, and the one healthy one, his co-star was mentally unhealthy.

Sorry, but we have had a fool as an owner the entire franchise history.

The prior owner didn't like to spend money especially if they weren't competing for a title.
The current owner spends money like it grows on trees

Let's break down the "success" of these two owners:
Prior owner - 7 Playoff teams, 4 1st round exists, 3 Semifinal exits
Ballmer
Pre- Kawhi/PG (core guys from the prior owner's time) - 4 playoff appearances, 1 Semifinal, 3 1st round exits
Kawhi/PG era - 3 playoff appearances, 1 WCF, 1 Semifinal, 1 1st round exit

So, as far as playoff success, the old guy did it with a team made up of mostly organically grown core players and he wasn't losing about as much as his payroll each year. The prior guy made money by getting paid from owners like Ballmer.

The prior owner went through coaches regularly and wouldn't have nepotism. Ballmer won't change out a coach until the current coach runs the team into the ground.

Ballmer's teams have had more regular season success. However, they have to have regular season success because they have given away picks and can't afford to end up in the lottery.

You know who has been under .500 since we were last under .500? Every NBA Champion since 2014-2015 and GS did it twice. Every NBA Champion since 2019-2020 has been under .500 during the Ballmer regime. That also includes all Conference Finals participants, other than us, during that time.

Could care less about a bunch of above .500 seasons that end in 1st and 2nd round exits.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,621

Post#111 » by The High Cyde » Wed Nov 8, 2023 3:26 am

Super happy it wasn’t worse for Plumlee, looking forward to seeing him back this season. He’s weird with his handles and what not but I’ve always been a fan lol
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,361

Post#112 » by nickhx2 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 4:10 am

The High Cyde wrote:Super happy it wasn’t worse for Plumlee, looking forward to seeing him back this season. He’s weird with his handles and what not but I’ve always been a fan lol

ya, i'm really glad for him too. not just from the team perspective
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#113 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 8, 2023 4:17 am

clipperlover wrote:
og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:I want a serious franchise, and after 53 mostly unserious years, I don't think it's an unfair thing to ask.

The prior owner didn't like to spend money especially if they weren't competing for a title.

Ballmer
Pre- Kawhi/PG (core guys from the prior owner's time) - 4 playoff appearances, 1 Semifinal, 3 1st round exits

So, as far as playoff success, the old guy did it with a team made up of mostly organically grown core players and he wasn't losing about as much as his payroll each year. The prior guy made money by getting paid from owners like Ballmer.

The prior owner went through coaches regularly and wouldn't have nepotism. Ballmer won't change out a coach until the current coach runs the team into the ground.

Ballmer's teams have had more regular season success. However, they have to have regular season success because they have given away picks and can't afford to end up in the lottery.

You know who has been under .500 since we were last under .500? Every NBA Champion since 2014-2015 and GS did it twice. Every NBA Champion since 2019-2020 has been under .500 during the Ballmer regime. That also includes all Conference Finals participants, other than us, during that time.

Could care less about a bunch of above .500 seasons that end in 1st and 2nd round exits.

Spoiler:
So instead of finding a new team to douche, you make US suffer? Ballmer will own this team til the day he dies. Or you do.

Find another team and another board to douche. Made your point. Doing it over and over = pot/kettle.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#114 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 8, 2023 4:19 am

The High Cyde wrote:Super happy it wasn’t worse for Plumlee, looking forward to seeing him back this season. He’s weird with his handles and what not but I’ve always been a fan lol

He's been giving us his all. But damn he has sure sucked as a Clipper. I had a positive opinion of him but nobody even made him a decent offer in the offseason.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 750

Post#115 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed Nov 8, 2023 6:32 am

esqtvd wrote:
Scoundreldays wrote:
KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Very ace eye-test and BB IQ observations, bro.

There are those who laugh at plus/minus but rest assured everyone from the GM suite to the coaches to the underlings in the film room will look at the 2-man lineup numbers as to who plays better with whom.

Because the scoreboard doesn't lie. ;-) What SHOULD work doesn't always work.

HINT: The best 2-man lineup will ALWAYS be Kawhi and PG. Ty has to figure it backwards from there. There are 240 minutes to fill in an NBA regulation game. THAT is the coach's job, to fill them.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/traditional?GroupQuantity=2&TeamID=1610612746&dir=D&slug=traditional&sort=PLUS_MINUS

Reasonable. First 4-5 minutes of the Halves All 4 star starts together. Then Russ and PG sits for the rest of the 1st and 3rd Q's in order to sub Harden and Kawhi with starting 2nd and 4 Q's. From there you select who plays best to finish the last 3-4 minutes of halves. Worth a shot.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,019

Post#116 » by clipperlover » Wed Nov 8, 2023 7:02 pm

esqtvd wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
og15 wrote:The franchise had a fool as owner for 44 of those years, so what were we expecting? If we became Clippers fans with Sterling as an owner expecting a championship, wasn't the joke on us? I mean of course many of us might have been much younger and didn't understand, but as adults, we certainly can't be saying, "why hasn't this franchise won" and being beat down by it as if we're ignorant of what the franchise has been.

Ballmer

Spoiler:
So instead of finding a new team to douche, you make US suffer? Ballmer will own this team til the day he dies. Or you do.

Find another team and another board to douche. Time to move on, whoever tf you are. Turd. Punchbowl.

If these dumbasses listen to suggestions about making a trade for Karl Anthony Charmin, you may get your wish. Would be a great trade for Kawhi/PG to go there. Minny team with Kawhi/PG vice Charmin could win the title. Minny with Charmin is a perpetual 1st round knockout.

Until then, I am not going anywhere just because you want to Kumbaya everything. I've been with this team longer than every player, other than P.J. Tucker, has been alive. Sorry pointing out facts is too much for you to handle. Ballmer loves the money and support without requiring he do better. At least, he is investing in toilets.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#117 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 8, 2023 7:27 pm

:sleep:
clipperlover wrote:

Find another team and another board to douche. Time to move on, whoever tf you are. Turd. Punchbowl.

If these dumbasses listen to suggestions about making a trade for Karl Anthony Charmin, you may get your wish. Would be a great trade for Kawhi/PG to go there. Minny team with Kawhi/PG vice Charmin could win the title. Minny with Charmin is a perpetual 1st round knockout.

Until then, I am not going anywhere just because you want to Kumbaya everything. I've been with this team longer than every player, other than P.J. Tucker, has been alive. Sorry pointing out facts is too much for you to handle. Ballmer loves the money and support without requiring he do better. At least, he is investing in toilets.

You're not going anywhere. On that we agree. :sleep:

As for trading Kawhi for Karl Anthony Towns, that's a stupid idea I have heard nowhere except in this useless exchange. Peace out.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,292

Post#118 » by playaloc916 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 12:26 am

Really glad Plumdog didn't have a more serious injury. He has his faults, but he's a good interior presence and more athletic than Zubac. Solid bench guy.

All this talk of the old owner... Makes me sentimental, having both Brand and Kaman... I still remember that game where both had like 20 boards in the same game...
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 390

Post#119 » by wakelaunch1 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:39 am

esqtvd wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:We gotta trade Powell for some front court depth. 4/5. He doesnt really fit with the addition of Harden. Plus we are now so guard heavy.

Spoiler:
Duh, yeah, thanks. So says EVERYBODY. There's not a single Powell fan in all of Clipperdom. And we need a PF.

Do you ever actually read our board? Or just fire off comments?

It's supposed to be a community, you know. We talk. Then we listen to each other. We exchange facts and stats. We discuss. Other people are here too, you know. We are not your psychiatrist or your wife or your bartender. They all get PAID to listen to your BS. We don't.

IF you're not Marvin-To-Vomit's sock puppet fake shadow account [doubtful], try to get with the flow? We have enough turds in the punchbowl around here. We ALL know the 100 reasons why the Clippers will never win the NBA title in our lifetimes.

This is supposed to be fun. Nobody needs you or Vomit to swoop in to drop a dookie whenever we lose.

Do you own this board? Mute me then if you dont want to see my comments
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#120 » by esqtvd » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:58 am

playaloc916 wrote:Really glad Plumdog didn't have a more serious injury. He has his faults, but he's a good interior presence and more athletic than Zubac. Solid bench guy.

All this talk of the old owner... Makes me sentimental, having both Brand and Kaman... I still remember that game where both had like 20 boards in the same game...

A LOTTA missed shots, lol.

What I'm most worried about re Plumlee is Zubac playing 30 mpg. He did not do well last year [or any year] with that kind of workload.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers