Bones Hyland

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,837

Re: The Consequences Of Power 

Post#21 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:45 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Bones is a big part of Plan B. The only real prospect under 25. Mann and Zu will be 27 next year--solid NBAers but not star material.

Bones is entering his 3rd NBA season and is actually 9 months younger than Kobe Brown!

Well -- the problem/question I have with this was got crystallized last night. We scored 8 points in the fourth quarter. Lue was moving guys in our top 8 in and out, trying to find a fit. I can understand why Diabate, Brown, etc. didn't get run--they aren't scorers or creators. They've got no real exprience at the NBA level.

But Bones is and has. Harden played 8 minutes in the 4th last night and was, literally, a zero. Zeros across the board except for 2 turnovers. If there was ever a time for Bones Hyland, that was it--desperately needing scoring with PG having a miserable game, and Harden completely invisible. If we don't have a trade in the works for Bones right now, we should have played him.

I didn't watch the game but yeah, that's literally the exact time you should put Bones in, a young spark plug who can score.

We can have an older roster if we have some young guys in the rotation to help balance out our athleticism and speed. We need to trade Norm most of all for some forward help and free up time for Bones, if a trade can be found that is. Lue would probably prefer Norm because he's arguably more consistent as a vet, but we need some youth in the line up somewhere and Bones can score for sure which is Norm's main strength anyway.

Barring that, it will be Bones plus some salary matching contract(s). But I definitely prefer the former.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,283

Post#22 » by Clemenza » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:40 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Bones is a big part of Plan B. The only real prospect under 25. Mann and Zu will be 27 next year--solid NBAers but not star material.

Bones is entering his 3rd NBA season and is actually 9 months younger than Kobe Brown!

Well -- the problem/question I have with this was crystallized last night. We scored 8 points in the fourth quarter. Lue was moving guys in our top 8 in and out, trying to find a fit. I can understand why Diabate, Brown, etc. didn't get run--they aren't scorers or creators. They've got no real experience at the NBA level.

But Bones is and has. Harden played 8 minutes in the 4th last night and was, literally, a zero. Zeros across the board except for 2 turnovers. If there was ever a time for Bones Hyland, that was it--desperately needing scoring with PG having a miserable game, and Harden completely invisible. If we don't have a trade in the works for Bones right now, we should have played him.

Yeah, Bones definitely needs to be in the mix and I expect some rumbling to start talking place as he's glued to the bench while the players in front of him play like sh*t. And truth be told, I think Kobe can contribute, even Diabate to a certain degree- if given the opportunity. Especially Kobe, 6' 8" 240, three-four years of college ball.. he's a tank, dishes out assists, and is pro ready right now. A team like Denver or even the Lakers would throw him in the mix and let him work through a few mistakes with no problems. With our four past and present all stars on the team we have the vet presence and the guys who will take over in the 4th and in big games. No reason why these guys should be shelved like they are, outside of keeping the vets from crying about a rook taking their minutes(PJ Tucker). Plus with another back to back coming up starting tomorrow, something has to give with the rotations. Kawhi already looks gassed, Harden isn't in shape, and Norm is banged up. Its getting real spooky with this team
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,943

Post#23 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:13 pm

Clemenza wrote:
TrueLAfan wrote:

Well -- the problem/question I have with this was crystallized last night. We scored 8 points in the fourth quarter. Lue was moving guys in our top 8 in and out, trying to find a fit. I can understand why Diabate, Brown, etc. didn't get run--they aren't scorers or creators. They've got no real experience at the NBA level.

Yeah, Bones definitely needs to be in the mix and I expect some rumbling to start talking place as he's glued to the bench while the players in front of him play like sh*t. And truth be told, I think Kobe can contribute, even Diabate to a certain degree- if given the opportunity. Especially Kobe, 6' 8" 240, three-four years of college ball.. he's a tank, dishes out assists, and is pro ready right now. A team like Denver or even the Lakers would throw him in the mix and let him work through a few mistakes with no problems. With our four past and present all stars on the team we have the vet presence and the guys who will take over in the 4th and in big games. No reason why these guys should be shelved like they are, outside of keeping the vets from crying about a rook taking their minutes(PJ Tucker). Plus with another back to back coming up starting tomorrow, something has to give with the rotations. Kawhi already looks gassed, Harden isn't in shape, and Norm is banged up. Its getting real spooky with this team

Ty was trying to reduce the number of moving parts. He's playing 8 already [plus a few minutes for Tucker], trying to work in Harden and now Theis on the fly. Just trying to manage chaos out there.

It looked like it was working--Clips had just won 4 out of 5 and were up by 11 entering the 4th quarter--and then the spit hit the fan. It makes no sense to just throw in a kid in who's been in sweats all night to be the messiah. Basically, the argument isn't just that the Four Headed Monster doesn't work, but that Bones should've been out there instead of Zu or T-Mann [30 minutes, 5 points, 3 rebs, 0 assts, minus-11].

The problem is on the floor. This team has no leader, no captain except Westbrook, who is just too erratic for the job. This is Kawhi & PG's team, and the buck stops there.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Re: Bones Hyland 

Post#24 » by ERClips » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:47 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
TrueLAfan wrote:

Ty was trying to reduce the number of moving parts. He's playing 8 already [plus a few minutes for Tucker], trying to work in Harden and now Theis on the fly. Just trying to manage chaos out there.

It looked like it was working--Clips had just won 4 out of 5 and were up by 11 entering the 4th quarter--and then the spit hit the fan. It makes no sense to just throw in a kid in who's been in sweats all night to be the messiah. Basically, the argument isn't just that the Four Headed Monster doesn't work, but that Bones should've been out there instead of Zu or T-Mann [30 minutes, 5 points, 3 rebs, 0 assts, minus-11].

The problem is on the floor. This team has no leader, no captain except Westbrook, who is just too erratic for the job. This is Kawhi & PG's team, and the buck stops there.

We did win the 4/5 but I don’t think anyone was convinced we’d figured this mess out. That loss to Denver last night without any of their stars was certainly on the table as a few posters here correctly called to mind before the game started. Totally agree that putting our young guys & rookies out there in the 4th quarter wouldn’t have saved us or even been fair to them. Other than Bones who should have played.
I look at how Miami uses Jaquez jr as what we could be doing with Kobe. Both are 4 year college guys who play similar positions and have a skillset ready to go. Now Jaquez is turning out to be top 3 among this year’s rookies. Not saying Kobe is that but he 100% should be developing with the real team in real games. Plus it’s so fun to watch young players develop and be fostered from within and we as Clipper fans are completely denied that option. Have been for a long time.
That loss was demoralizing to everyone and the future currently looks very bleak. The Kings play a style that is kryptonite to us. Fox might go for 60!
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,283

Post#25 » by Clemenza » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:20 am

esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
TrueLAfan wrote:

Please don't start the "messiah" sh*t up again. When we feel that a certain player should get minutes on this team nobody is saying they need to be a messiah. We just want to see if they can contribute something and help the team, that's all. You did it with RoCo last season. Stop that sh*t bro
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#26 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:24 am

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Yeah, Bones definitely needs to be in the mix and I expect some rumbling to start talking place as he's glued to the bench while the players in front of him play like sh*t. And truth be told, I think Kobe can contribute, even Diabate to a certain degree- if given the opportunity. Especially Kobe, 6' 8" 240, three-four years of college ball.. he's a tank, dishes out assists, and is pro ready right now. A team like Denver or even the Lakers would throw him in the mix and let him work through a few mistakes with no problems. With our four past and present all stars on the team we have the vet presence and the guys who will take over in the 4th and in big games. No reason why these guys should be shelved like they are, outside of keeping the vets from crying about a rook taking their minutes(PJ Tucker). Plus with another back to back coming up starting tomorrow, something has to give with the rotations. Kawhi already looks gassed, Harden isn't in shape, and Norm is banged up. Its getting real spooky with this team

Please don't start the "messiah" sh*t up again. When we feel that a certain player should get minutes on this team nobody is saying they need to be a messiah. We just want to see if they can contribute something and help the team, that's all. You did it with RoCo last season. Stop that sh*t bro

Look, I don't know who "we" is, and please don't start that sh*t with me either bruh. And RoCo isn't doing jack in Philly.

The solution is for KL and PG to start owning it. The back of the bench is not gonna fix this mess.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,112

Post#27 » by Wammy Giveaway » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:38 pm

esqtvd wrote:The solution is for KL and PG to start owning it. The back of the bench is not gonna fix this mess.

The only way for Leonard and George to prove that is by getting ejected from a game. But that ties to their nice guy image, and are afraid of tarnishing it. They're becoming just like Chris Paul: having a reputation to protect.
PeteyPablo
Rookie
And1: 831

Re: Bones Hyland 

Post#28 » by PeteyPablo » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:00 pm

I read a post on Mock Trades ( instagram account )

That Bones has requested a trade if not going to be played.

But I think they make a lot of stuff up on there
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,435

Post#29 » by TrueLAfan » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:54 pm

esqtvd wrote:Ty was trying to reduce the number of moving parts. He's playing 8 already [plus a few minutes for Tucker], trying to work in Harden and now Theis on the fly. Just trying to manage chaos out there.

Mmm ... yes and no. We lost that 11 point lead fast--as in, in 4 minutes. But that doesn;t bother me as much as the fact that, once we were down, we never got back up. Denver started the 4th on a 13-0 run, and we never got closer than -2 after that. That's eight minutes of losing to a team of NBA irregulars. I do agree that it's more of a leadership question than anything--but when there's no leader, you look for someone to step up. Nobody was. Bones has been willing and able to do that in his brief time here--not always, but enough. It wasn't like he was going to be worse than Harden and Powell were. Not giving the kid a chance in that kind of circumstance tells me he's 1) on the block, 2) in the doghouse, or 3) 1 and 2..
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#30 » by esqtvd » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:30 am

TrueLAfan wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Ty was trying to reduce the number of moving parts. He's playing 8 already [plus a few minutes for Tucker], trying to work in Harden and now Theis on the fly. Just trying to manage chaos out there.

Mmm ... yes and no. We lost that 11 point lead fast--as in, in 4 minutes. But that doesn;t bother me as much as the fact that, once we were down, we never got back up. Denver started the 4th on a 13-0 run, and we never got closer than -2 after that. That's eight minutes of losing to a team of NBA irregulars. I do agree that it's more of a leadership question than anything--but when there's no leader, you look for someone to step up. Nobody was. Bones has been willing and able to do that in his brief time here--not always, but enough. It wasn't like he was going to be worse than Harden and Powell were. Not giving the kid a chance in that kind of circumstance tells me he's 1) on the block, 2) in the doghouse, or 3) 1 and 2..

I'd say it's more likely Powell's on the block and the Clippers are trying to build his trade value. His $20M salary might fetch a decent big. Bones was dumped by the world champs for a couple of SRPs and his $2.3M salary is about the same as the veteran's minimum. That's not gonna get you much in return. IMO, Bones is waiting in the wings.

KL and PG were 12-39 from the floor. Mann scored 5 points in 30 minutes with 3 rebs and zero assists. That's a lot of dead weight for the rest of the team to make up. Not even Bones Hyland can do that! :)

Return to Los Angeles Clippers