GAME #26: LAC (15-10) @ PACERS (13-11) MONDAY 12/18—4 PM

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,283

Re: GAME #26: LAC (15-10) @ PACERS (13-11) MONDAY 12/18—4 PM 

Post#41 » by Clemenza » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:18 am

clipperlover wrote:
NickP wrote:Amazing string of wins. Not only do the Clippers have confidence but the flip side is that now other teams go in thinking they're going to lose. Zu had a great game. I think our patience and faith is paying off.

I'll take the 22 pts, 25 rbs and 5 blocks from the C position every night. When Plumlee gets back, Harden and Russ will have another weapon in the pick and roll. We should never again see a small ball line-up outside garbage time.

Plumlee has to be the 3rd big now right? If there's no injuries, I'm not messing with this rotation that we have going now. Plumlee also has to fall in line and play his role. He's always trying to run the point and whatnot when he's on the floor.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,292

Post#42 » by playaloc916 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:20 am

Man, looks like I missed a good one. Big 3 crushing it and Norm continuing his strong play off the bench.

I remember after the trade I said I think Harden would be motivated playing with this team and some **** outsider replied with a laughing gif. Yes those initial losses were ugly, but I wasn't surprised because Harden was playing tentatively/not in game shape, and Ty's lineups were pretty bad. Once those got fixed, the team's ceiling is way up compared to what it was before the trade.

Let's see if the team can make it 9 in a row with a win in Dallas.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,283

Post#43 » by Clemenza » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:21 am

Yes its Harden, Kawhi, and PG ballin' out but how about Big Zu!! He's leveling up in every facet! Improved footwork, hands, rebounding, rim protection, interior scoring.. I think I'm seeing him spin out of double teams now :o Man I hope he can keep this up. Its a great watch and it how we always dreamed of him playing.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,943

Post#44 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:38 am

Ballings7 wrote:

So friggin kewl : )

Check out Kawhi at the end! Just a fun guy having fun...

Wow

Not only have we been waiting for FIVE YEARS for this--since the beginning of the Kawhi era. But more than that, I don't think Beard has ever had more fun on a basketball court than right now.

Like Chris Paul, his basketball IQ is so sick that it's just no fun playing with idiots. And unlike CP3, Harden could win the scoring title [3 times] and the assist title [twice] and still get 6 rpg.

Chris Paul never had any fun here. NEVER. In fact, I don't think Chris has ever had any fun anywhere. Mostly I don't think Beard has either.

At least Harden had fun at the tittty bars. And CP3, a family man, couldn't share that with him. Or with Blake and DJ either. This is turning into a Wammy Giveaway post but you see where I'm going with this.

Klaw and Beard are having FUN. ON the court. They are both in basketball heaven. The rest will follow.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,489

Post#45 » by Ballings7 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:07 am

Zubac definitely is a different player and the game is easier for him, more confident.

Plumlee I imagine will be the third big, most nights; but I think him fitting back in over Theis wouldn't be a big issue.

esqtvd wrote:
Ballings7 wrote:

Wow

Not only have we been waiting for FIVE YEARS for this--since the beginning of the Kawhi era. But more than that, I don't think Beard has ever had more fun on a basketball court than right now.

Like Chris Paul, his basketball IQ is so sick that it's just no fun playing with idiots. And unlike CP3, Harden could win the scoring title [3 times] and the assist title [twice] and still get 6 rpg.

Chris Paul never had any fun here. NEVER. In fact, I don't think Chris has ever had any fun anywhere. Mostly I don't think Beard has either.

At least Harden had fun at the tittty bars. And CP3, a family man, couldn't share that with him. Or with Blake and DJ either. This is turning into a Wammy Giveaway post but you see where I'm going with this.

Klaw and Beard are having FUN. ON the court. They are both in basketball heaven. The rest will follow.

Indeed

Really glad its happening now while guys are still able to play at a high level every night. Any drop off from a few years ago, isn't too noticeable or an impact at all.

wakelaunch1 wrote:
Ballings7 wrote:

Wow

I liked seeing the guys enjoy each other. Having a little fun, interacting with each other. Its tough for a team to win a chip if they dont really get along.

Yeah its certainly a fresh sight. I've watched that clip like five times now.. even though they were up big, it was still mid-4th quarter, and on the road against a dynamite offense at home; and starting off the road trip.

Big time stuff .. that was a career-high in points in the 4th for Harden.

The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 390

Post#46 » by wakelaunch1 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:20 am

Clemenza wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
NickP wrote:Amazing string of wins. Not only do the Clippers have confidence but the flip side is that now other teams go in thinking they're going to lose. Zu had a great game. I think our patience and faith is paying off.

I'll take the 22 pts, 25 rbs and 5 blocks from the C position every night. When Plumlee gets back, Harden and Russ will have another weapon in the pick and roll. We should never again see a small ball line-up outside garbage time.

Plumlee has to be the 3rd big now right? If there's no injuries, I'm not messing with this rotation that we have going now. Plumlee also has to fall in line and play his role. He's always trying to run the point and whatnot when he's on the floor.

Would like to see some minutes with Theis at power forward with Plumlee.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#47 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:26 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
clipperlover wrote:

It'll happen. If you watch plus/minus and I do. :wink: Theis is still in the minus, Plumlee is still in the minus, but even worse was last year's Clippers with Hartenstein gone and Moses Brown or "small ball." Zu off the court = DEATH

Now Ty will have 3 backup centers instead of NONE. And Theis at PF instead of the rookie to go bang with the 240-pounders.

This could get sweet. Ty actually has some depth to work with. But it's only because Kawhi is playing with inspiration, and that's only because Harden is.

[PG plays hard and plays well but it's not contagious. HARDEN is the co-superstar Kawhi needs. And he's HERE.]
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 534

Post#48 » by Kelphus » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:14 am

Wow, a solid game from end to end. Truly a joy to watch Beard, PG13, Kawhi, and Russ slice and dice. Zu was great also. Pacers are a good team - and our defense was good - I think the announcers said Pacers are #1 offense in NBA? Some more tough games coming up in next 5 days, but if we come out of those games 2 and 1? oh babeee, this maybe what I've been waiting for ... for 25 years plus!

Let's go for 9 in a row in Dallas.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 787

Post#49 » by donemilio21 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:15 am

I'm loving this "give no quarter" mentality. We are playing to win every quarter.

Harden was special tonight. It was straight out from his Houston days
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 390

Post#50 » by wakelaunch1 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:56 am

esqtvd wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Plumlee has to be the 3rd big now right? If there's no injuries, I'm not messing with this rotation that we have going now. Plumlee also has to fall in line and play his role. He's always trying to run the point and whatnot when he's on the floor.

It'll happen. If you watch plus/minus and I do. :wink: Theis is still in the minus, Plumlee is still in the minus, but even worse was last year's Clippers with Hartenstein gone and Moses Brown or "small ball." Zu off the court = DEATH

Now Ty will have 3 backup centers instead of NONE. And Theis at PF instead of the rookie to go bang with the 240-pounders.

This could get sweet. Ty actually has some depth to work with. But it's only because Kawhi is playing with inspiration, and that's only because Harden is.

[PG plays hard and plays well but it's not contagious. HARDEN is the co-superstar Kawhi needs. And he's HERE.]

Theis has been awesome. We were desperate for a backup big, and he has been more than that. He hustles, gets to loose balls, battles on defense, and even blocks shots. He works well with Harden, and is a good teammate. we are 11-3 since acquiring him.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,311

Post#51 » by Dynamix » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:31 am

This team has done the impossible, they actually made "Give no quarter" seem somewhat inspired, as opposed to last season.

Didn't want to say it before the game to avoid the jinx, but this one was very winnable, especially with no Turner. And knock on wood and everything, but the Mavs are beatable too, no matter how crazy Luka plays.

We're probably due a bad shooting game eventually, although I'd be pretty surprised if everyone goes cold at the same time. Who knows, maybe T-Mann is waiting for that exact moment to drop 30 out of nowhere, when we need it the most.

I almost wish we won't win every remaining game this year, because if we do, my expectations will be unreasonably high for next year, and that's usually when I get hurt the most.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#52 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:36 am

Kelphus wrote:Wow, a solid game from end to end. Truly a joy to watch Beard, PG13, Kawhi, and Russ slice and dice. Zu was great also. Pacers are a good team - and our defense was good - I think the announcers said Pacers are #1 offense in NBA? Some more tough games coming up in next 5 days, but if we come out of those games 2 and 1? oh babeee, this maybe what I've been waiting for ... for 25 years plus!

Let's go for 9 in a row in Dallas.

Nice to see an actual Clippers season ticket holder back posting on our board. Money where his mouth is.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 749

Post#53 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:37 am

Oh man we legit!
We have the weapons If you want to go full tempo & scoring and then, we can play 90's slow half court game if you prefer that as well. A team with no weakness is what I see us becoming.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#54 » by illastrate » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:52 am

SNOW ANGELES CLIPPERS

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
rocketsfan100
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,351

Post#55 » by rocketsfan100 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:27 am

Harden is getting in full game shape and finding his identity in this offense. Another positive is he is getting to the rim with a better burst… that’s something that was missing most of last year.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,311

You love to see it 

Post#56 » by Dynamix » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:37 am

esqtvd
RealGM

Post#57 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:06 am

rocketsfan100 wrote:Harden is getting in full game shape and finding his identity in this offense. Another positive is he is getting to the rim with a better burst… that’s something that was missing most of last year.

Yah I wrote several games back that after watching him all last year with the Sixers, the Beard Burst is Back! Sets up all the rest of his game.

That makes his TRADEMARK step-back 3-ball all the more deadly. And the drive-and-kick. AND getting to the line. One feeds the other feeds the other feeds the other.

35 points [team high]. 9 assts [team high]. PLUS+32 [team high]. And only ONE turnover. Not even playing sloppy. AND a steal and a block to make up for THAT.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,224

Post#58 » by Max Headrom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:38 pm

Harden said "when we figure out, it's gonna be scary" during the losing streak and everyone laughed...

The Clippers have officially put the league on notice now though...lol

All the talking heads have gone radio silent that were writing the Clippers off. I always saw the vision after the first couple of games. I HATED Harden as a player before coming here but the things I hated about him (ref baiting, flopping and pounding the air out of the ball) he has not done here. Looks like a completely different player that's just out there hoopin.

Oh and the effort on defense has been amazing.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,019

Post#59 » by clipperlover » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:11 pm

The issue has mostly been Ty's use of small ball line-ups. After the losing streak and then picking up Theis, he was forced to abandon small ball.

If Kawhi can consistently give us a kick ass 3 quarters and then rest for the night while the others take over, then the league better watch out.

Unfortunately, even with all of this excitement, we won't be putting on a ceremony to hang a meaningless "In-Season Tournament" banner. Guess we will just have to try for the real thing.
jengmann3
Sophomore
And1: 107

Post#60 » by jengmann3 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:09 pm

Great win. Still wonder what to do with the tucker contract. Besides Jonathan Isaac I was thinking about some other targets. DeAndre Hunter, Chris Boucher, Matisse Thybulle (spelling), Cedi Osman, PJ Washington.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers