ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers Looking for Tweener Forward Center

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 775

Re: Clippers Looking for Tweener Forward Center 

Post#101 » by donemilio21 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:53 pm

Otto Porter Jr. is looking for a buyout with Jazz. Could he be an option ? He is undersized, but got length and did pretty well as a back-up big when he was with the Warriors, including shooting 49/40/78 in playoffs when they won it all.
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#102 » by clipsfever » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:50 pm

Read on Twitter
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,204

Post#103 » by og15 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:17 pm

donemilio21 wrote:Otto Porter Jr. is looking for a buyout with Jazz. Could he be an option ? He is undersized, but got length and did pretty well as a back-up big when he was with the Warriors, including shooting 49/40/78 in playoffs when they won it all.

Not a bad idea, is he even healthy?

clipsfever wrote:
Read on Twitter
Poku is just not a player that can get real minutes on a contender, he's had like a total of 30 games of decent play in his career. He's probably looking to go to a more developing type team so he can get minutes, who knows.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,097

Post#104 » by LamarWho » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:32 pm

I would take a look at Otto Pilot Porter for sure. Good size wing at 6'8" and a career .400 3pt shooter. The last time I have seen him played was with the Warriors couple years ago, so don't know how much he's got left.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,204

Post#105 » by og15 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:40 pm

LamarWho wrote:I would take a look at Otto Pilot Porter for sure. Good size wing at 6'8" and a career .400 3pt shooter. The last time I have seen him played was with the Warriors couple years ago, so don't know how much he's got left.

Wiretap says he's fully healthy, so that's good.

He's only 30, so he should still have a lot left in the tank
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,280

Post#106 » by Scoundreldays » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:28 am

og15 wrote:
LamarWho wrote:I would take a look at Otto Pilot Porter for sure. Good size wing at 6'8" and a career .400 3pt shooter. The last time I have seen him played was with the Warriors couple years ago, so don't know how much he's got left.

He'd be my top pick. He's injury prone but he was huge for the Warriors in 2022
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#107 » by esqtvd » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:47 am

Scoundreldays wrote:
og15 wrote:

He'd be my top pick. He's injury prone but he was huge for the Warriors in 2022

6'8" is good. 6'5" T-Mann had his first double-double since 2022 tonight and won us the game. But it was also his first double-digit scoring in 8 games. And 6'7" Coffey has been a pleasant surprise but really no better than Mann. They are at the bottom of our plus/minus for the month while getting a LOT of minutes. Both in the MINUS.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional?Month=5&PerMode=Per100Possessions&TeamID=1610612746&dir=A&sort=PLUS_MINUS

No idea if Porter's any good. Or still any good. I don't follow the rest of the league much, but his career numbers are as good as Mann's and there's still room at the top in ClipperLand.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#108 » by playaloc916 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:51 am

Clemenza wrote:This is the guy to get right here. Get it done Frank!

Read on Twitter
?t=1eygHuFEEIAfCBvtPubMGw&s=19

Off topic, but if he doesn't get signed, he could audition for Mr. Fantastic in the MCU... Man looks like he's made of rubber in this pic :lol:
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#109 » by Ballings7 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:30 pm

I'd definitely take Otto Porter on this team.. solid option to help out at PF.. not too old, not too young, can space, cut, defend and rebound.

Better than laboring it on Kawhi and Mann, and question mark after that.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,097

Post#110 » by LamarWho » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:04 am

Ty Lue drooling all over this......

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#111 » by Ballings7 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:13 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Morris gets signed back here.. but I'm going to lean towards not. I bet he goes to a team like Minnesota or maybe even Denver (who need vets depth; R-Jax is there too)... but doesn't seem like he'd put the Jokic beef aside.. so Minny more likely.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 727

Post#112 » by Captain Ballmer » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:19 am

Ballings7 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Morris gets signed back here.. but I'm going to lean towards not. I bet he goes to a team like Minnesota or maybe even Denver (who need vets depth; R-Jax is there too)... but doesn't seem like he'd put the Jokic beef aside.. so Minny more likely.

I think Knicks would also be interested with him. He had his best year over there before joining us via trade. They need body as Randle&OG&Mitch still injured.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Candidate Update 

Post#113 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:14 pm

Read on Twitter

We need to make a list of all the tweener forwards so we can cross a player off one by one to figure out who they'll likely end up with.

I still think Clippers won't get involved because of the 2nd apron, and the fear of NBA forcing Clippers to cut two players just to sign one.
Ballings7
RealGM

Re: Candidate Update 

Post#114 » by Ballings7 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:47 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Read on Twitter

We need to make a list of all the tweener forwards so we can cross a player off one by one to figure out who they'll likely end up with.

I still think Clippers won't get involved because of the 2nd apron, and the fear of NBA forcing Clippers to cut two players just to sign one.

Thats good to see.. hopefully he comes in over BOS, and can contribute and help out Kawhi/Mann at PF. He's a proven Vet. still in his prime, so Lue will have to play him at least at times.

If he really gets time, I think he can be a difference maker with his overall size.

But how it works out probably is he goes to Celts and plays a role in the playoffs for them..
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#115 » by clipsfever » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:01 pm

Who do we waive to fit Porter? Primo? Tucker's contract has some value in the summer.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,428

Post#116 » by TrueLAfan » Sun Mar 3, 2024 5:06 pm

Well, in terms of who to cut, it would be a tough call between Primo and Kobe Brown—but if we had a chance to ger Porter and if (actually kind of a huge if—see below) he’s healthy, we should probably do it. My guess would be Primo. But it might be KB. And I get it. Everyone talks about player potential—what a player can “become.” The real life issue is how rarely that potential gets realized or achieved. Otto Porter is a legit 20 mpg player that is effective at multiple positions. When he plays.

But he doesn't play. Or at least hasn't been playing lately--like for the last half decade. The complicating issue in all of this is Otto Porter’s health. He had season ending surgery last year after only 8 games, and has played sporadically this year. He’s only appeared in 15 games this season, and played less than 30 games in three of the last four years before that. When he plays, he’s a solid vet. But he misses a real whole lot of games—about twice as many as Kawhi over the past five years. I really, really have questions about him.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Post#117 » by Wammy Giveaway » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:00 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:Well, in terms of who to cut, it would be a tough call between Primo and Kobe Brown—but if we had a chance to ger Porter and if (actually kind of a huge if—see below) he’s healthy, we should probably do it. My guess would be Primo. But it might be KB. And I get it. Everyone talks about player potential—what a player can “become.” The real life issue is how rarely that potential gets realized or achieved. Otto Porter is a legit 20 mpg player that is effective at multiple positions. When he plays.

But he doesn't play. Or at least hasn't been playing lately--like for the last half decade. The complicating issue in all of this is Otto Porter’s health. He had season ending surgery last year after only 8 games, and has played sporadically this year. He’s only appeared in 15 games this season, and played less than 30 games in three of the last four years before that. When he plays, he’s a solid vet. But he misses a real whole lot of games—about twice as many as Kawhi over the past five years. I really, really have questions about him.

But let's not forget, Clippers are the resurrection team. Whenever a player contemplates retirement and they join the Clippers, they usually get a massive bump. Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, Montrezl Harrell, Patrick Beverley, Nicolas Batum, Reggie Jackson. There's ample evidence to fit Porter here, but he's already had his boost with Warriors, and his injury history could put him right there with John Wall and Eric Gordon. Truly it is also the place where careers go to die, but you never know if Porter will work out until you get him. It's just that dreaded 2nd apron getting in the way.

All you have to ask yourself is, will Porter be a resurrection or a career killer? And, you may have to consider cutting two players instead of one. So maybe both Primo and Brown are out.

I have a better idea: why not make Porter a two-way?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,419

Post#118 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:12 pm

Don't they need a true power forward who can guard strong bigs like Zion, AD, and Jokic? Porter is too thin for that.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,280

Post#119 » by Scoundreldays » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:02 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Don't they need a true power forward who can guard strong bigs like Zion, AD, and Jokic? Porter is too thin for that.

What true PF is left?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,419

Post#120 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:40 pm

Scoundreldays wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Don't they need a true power forward who can guard strong bigs like Zion, AD, and Jokic? Porter is too thin for that.

What true PF is left?

I would prefer Blake Griffin, but don’t know if he stayed in shape at all

Return to Los Angeles Clippers