Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Re: GAME #49: LAC (33-15) @ the ATL (22-27) MON 2/5—4:30PM 

Post#41 » by clipperlover » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:15 am

esqtvd wrote:
Read on Twitter

Will be so funny at the end of the season and Clips are top of the West. People will be forced to place an MVP vote for the guy whom was the basis of the 65 game rule. Meanwhile, last year's MVP will be out of consideration because of that rule.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,124

Post#42 » by LamarWho » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:27 am

Can't wait for the new arena where we'll always get first dibs and not shared with a bunch of other people.

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#43 » by esqtvd » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:28 am

esqtvd wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Playing like we are on a back to back

Getting outworked. ATL are at home and it's the only way they're gonna win this. Very unimpressed with their passing, D and shot selection. I though Quin Snyder was better at this.

I think the Clips are on cruise control and still managing to be tied at the half. At least I hope so. :-?

It's much more fun when you keep the faith. It's easy to predict doom. :wink:

They really dug deep in the 4th there. They had every excuse to quit and be happy with a 5-2 trip.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
jengmann3
Sophomore
And1: 107

Post#44 » by jengmann3 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:29 am

Fun game.

Deandre Hunter was one of my trade machine deals for pj tuckers contract, plumlee and a smaller contract. I don't think he's as good as he played tonight but he plays well against the clippers and kawhi. I know the Hawks have been pretty great offensively all season but this game is kinda my worry about this team. A team with a quick guard and ability to shoot the three will be tough. I really wish we had one more defender but I think Russ wants to be that. Anyways great game by Harden and PG was pretty good as well. Basically everyone played well including Theis who usually drives me insane
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#45 » by esqtvd » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:29 am

LamarWho wrote:Can't wait for the new arena where we'll always get first dibs and not shared with a bunch of other people.

Yup. Matinee on Saturday after all this. Fortunately it's the Pistons.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#46 » by clipperlover » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:42 am

esqtvd wrote:
LamarWho wrote:Can't wait for the new arena where we'll always get first dibs and not shared with a bunch of other people.

You can't abandon the matinee games. They help prepare you for the East Coast trips and the playoffs. We don't need tons of them, but we have to play a few.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#47 » by esqtvd » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:11 am

clipperlover wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

You can't abandon the matinee games. They help prepare you for the East Coast trips and the playoffs. We don't need tons of them, but we have to play a few.

Can they be at 4:30 or 5 instead of noon? 3 PM at least?
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,377

Post#48 » by Scoundreldays » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:30 am

I told myself if we went 5-2 on the road trip I would be extremely happy and we instead go 6-1. Absolutely fantastic work team!
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 750

Post#49 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:48 am

KAWHI MVP.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,224

Post#50 » by Max Headrom » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:50 am

This team goes on winning streaks, lose a game and then start another winning streak. Straight championship traits ever since everything started clicking. So far, the team has won in many ways as far as the way the games are played.

Down and dirty like the win last night or a shootout like tonight. But, this was the end of a long road trip and a back to back so, I wouldn't put too much stock in the way the defense looked tonight, the guys were cooked and it's a game they would've lost in previous seasons.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,122

A Team Of Destiny? Hold It Right There 

Post#51 » by Wammy Giveaway » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:44 am

Read on Twitter

Yeah, they've won in varying degrees of strength.

But what about adversity? We haven't seen a game where one of their superstars is ejected from a game; they are one of seven teams without one. You can't just say "don't get ejected" because sometimes life works in funny ways. Sooner or later, they'll have that one game where one of their franchise cornerstones gets tossed for some trivial reason, any means to demoralize the Clippers into a loss - how will they respond and persevere? Or is it really just don't get involved, remain a Good Samaritan Spur.

They're doing extremely well so far - matter of fact, they could be vying for their first ever 60-win season (and they are eligible, so long as they don't exceed 22 losses). All I can say is the marathon marches on: stay cautiously optimistic, don't let your guard down. You never know when that one ejection will come up and change everything.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 534

Post#52 » by Kelphus » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:22 am

During 1st quarter looked like Clips were going to run away with it. Trae Young was very quiet in first half.
2d quarter started looking like team lost focus.
As some have said, it would have been so easy to not bear down in the second half and just blame it on a road back-to-back. But they really showed pride and maturity and picked up another W.
Really great game, great performance by Harden, Kawhi and PG13. Interesting that Theis didn't have that great a game. Also really liked the final few minutes of small ball.

Oh, and we're now HALF A FREAKIN' GAME OUT OF FIRST IN THE WEST... first four teams are definitely separating from the 5-10 group.

Only turd in the punchbowl was fLakers winning tonight.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,311

Just like Ty drew it up 

Post#53 » by Dynamix » Tue Feb 6, 2024 10:12 am

KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,770

Post#54 » by KL2 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:59 pm

He won’t win it but nice to see the media start the MVP case for Kawhi.

Read on Twitter
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,843

Re: A Team Of Destiny? Hold It Right There 

Post#55 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:39 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Read on Twitter

But what about adversity? We haven't seen a game where one of their superstars is ejected from a game; they are one of seven teams without one. You can't just say "don't get ejected" because sometimes life works in funny ways. Sooner or later, they'll have that one game where one of their franchise cornerstones gets tossed for some trivial reason, any means to demoralize the Clippers into a loss - how will they respond and persevere? Or is it really just don't get involved, remain a Good Samaritan Spur.

They're doing extremely well so far - matter of fact, they could be vying for their first ever 60-win season (and they are eligible, so long as they don't exceed 22 losses). All I can say is the marathon marches on: stay cautiously optimistic, don't let your guard down. You never know when that one ejection will come up and change everything.

I'd like to think that 6 game losing stretch right after the trade was a great adversity test for the team, and we passed with flying colors.

https://www.si.com/nba/clippers/news/james-harden-gets-honest-about-clippers-five-game-losing-streak

Speaking with reporters after Sunday afternoon's loss to the 1-8 Memphis Grizzlies, Harden said, "We're trying to do everything to win games, like we're not trying to lose the game. We're trying to win. That's why it's more frustrating because we're all competitive, and we all want to win. Figuring it out is going to be a process for the entire season, you know we're trying to win games. We'll get there."
Harden also spoke about the Clippers sticking together despite this losing streak, which is something other players have shared as well. While the team is of course frustrated with their results right now, nobody is pointing fingers, as they all understand this will come together at some point.
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#56 » by ERClips » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:19 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd like to think that 6 game losing stretch right after the trade was a great adversity test for the team, and we passed with flying colors.

https://www.si.com/nba/clippers/news/james-harden-gets-honest-about-clippers-five-game-losing-streak

Speaking with reporters after Sunday afternoon's loss to the 1-8 Memphis Grizzlies, Harden said, "We're trying to do everything to win games, like we're not trying to lose the game. We're trying to win. That's why it's more frustrating because we're all competitive, and we all want to win. Figuring it out is going to be a process for the entire season, you know we're trying to win games. We'll get there."
Harden also spoke about the Clippers sticking together despite this losing streak, which is something other players have shared as well. While the team is of course frustrated with their results right now, nobody is pointing fingers, as they all understand this will come together at some point.

I have a few friends, Clipper fans, that still aren’t trusting how Harden will perform in the playoffs. Valid concern but in our case it’s completely different from what was expected of him on other teams. Scoring 30 is awesome but all we really need is 10+ assists, around 15-20 points, some boards, low turnovers & excellent game management. It’s setup perfect for him on this team.
Actually we can still win games even if him & PG are subpar because of Kawhi & the depth from our bench.
We won’t win every game but this is a great time to be Clippers fans!
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,843

Post#57 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:25 pm

ERClips wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:
Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Read on Twitter

I have a few friends, Clipper fans, that still aren’t trusting how Harden will perform in the playoffs. Valid concern but in our case it’s completely different from what was expected of him on other teams. Scoring 30 is awesome but all we really need is 10+ assists, around 15-20 points, some boards, low turnovers & excellent game management. It’s setup perfect for him on this team.
Actually we can still win games even if him & PG are subpar because of Kawhi & the depth from our bench.

100%. I get the questions about consistent scoring, but we don't need him to try to get 30 on any given night. He generally only has to look for his shot when there's a favorable opportunity. So is he going to start turning the ball over all the time in the playoffs? Completely stop trying or otherwise fail to run the offense and set up teammates?

All of this assumes a healthy squad, but that's how you look at any team's general outlook.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#58 » by clipperlover » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:46 pm

ERClips wrote:

I have always hated James Harden's game. Not a fan of the trade at the time because of the impact to our defense. I have to say that i am pleasantly surprised by the defensive effort he has been putting in. Some of the block and steals he has been getting show how he is embracing a part of his game that he could have integrated years ago. However, when you play for Don'toni for so many years, defense is not a priority.

He is getting up on people and crowding them and making things more difficult. Is he going to be a great individual defender? Probably not. However, him giving some effort on D and not being a matador makes things a lot easier for guys like Kawhi to take chances.

I think Kawhi has little tolerance for guys that don't bring it defensively which is why he had issues with Lou Williams and Harrell and why Bones Hyland is firmly planted on the bench. Amir Coffey's defensive effort is what allows him to be on the court more.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#59 » by esqtvd » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:57 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
ERClips wrote:I have a few friends, Clipper fans, that still aren’t trusting how Harden will perform in the playoffs. Valid concern but in our case it’s completely different from what was expected of him on other teams. Scoring 30 is awesome but all we really need is 10+ assists, around 15-20 points, some boards, low turnovers & excellent game management. It’s setup perfect for him on this team.

100%. I get the questions about consistent scoring, but we don't need him to try to get 30 on any given night. He generally only has to look for his shot when there's a favorable opportunity. So is he going to start turning the ball over all the time in the playoffs? Completely stop trying or otherwise fail to run the offense and set up teammates?

All of this assumes a healthy squad, but that's how you look at any team's general outlook.

This is why Harden wanted to come here. He's the #3 man. As the #2 man in Philly, he choked as usual in the playoffs.
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#60 » by ERClips » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:52 pm

This is why Harden wanted to come here. He's the #3 man. As the #2 man in Philly, he choked as usual in the playoffs.

Turns out he’s just as important as PG without having to score so much. And PG doesn’t have to be playmaker for others. Perfect

Return to Los Angeles Clippers