ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi Leonard Injury update

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 1,965

Re: Kawhi Leonard Injury update 

Post#101 » by Bobbymcgee » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 pm

Wow. Most likely another lost season due to injury. What are the odds? Oh well, only three more years of this.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,734

Post#102 » by KL2 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 pm

If he’s having to push really hard for game 2 then forget it.

Read on Twitter
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#103 » by BlueSan » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:49 pm

What is the point? This is round 1. You heal it 100% not risk further problems and when he ua good game 3 4 or whatever you olay him. Only chance of really going for it. Or is tge thinking that if he pushes through it he can go like that till the finals and eventual trophy?

bull
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,246

Post#104 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:20 pm

I'm so sick of this team as presently constructed. I want a team where the best players actually play when it matters.
KL2
Analyst

Post#105 » by KL2 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

At some point? :lol:

Still not taking any contact?

Read on Twitter

Still lying. No contact today and Lue still won’t say if Leonard will be available tomorrow.

Read on Twitter

No gamesmanship though right? Such BS. Guessing they won’t practice Monday. So Tuesday would be the first chance Leonard could take contact/practice. I have doubts he plays game 2 now.

Read on Twitter
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,337

Post#106 » by Scoundreldays » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:41 pm

Such BS, this is the playoffs. Why can't there be some sort of integrity with this team. Every other franchise that has injured players has been transparent. You don't see the Heat saying Jimmy Butler is day to day or might play game 1. You know he is out for several weeks.
KL2
Analyst

Post#107 » by KL2 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:50 pm

I had the schedule wrong. I doubt they practice Monday. There will be film sessions and such but no practice. I give zero chance Leonard practices even with the stay ready team. They play game 2 Tuesday so the writing is on the wall he’s out then too. I doubt they practice Wednesday. More film sessions and all that side of things. I’ll give zero chance Leonard practices with the stay ready team. So Thursday would be the first possibility he’ll be cleared for full contact practice.

But they still act like he’s questionable for game 1. I don’t care if it’s Leonard’s team behind it all. The Clippers chose to play ball this way.

Read on Twitter

:noway: :lol:
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,246

Post#108 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:35 pm

Read on Twitter

The more this goes on every year, the worse Kawhi looks. This is ridiculous. The fans deserve to know the truth. All this evasive BS isn't fooling other teams and does nothing but demoralize the Clippers' own paying customers.

How Frank still hasn't been fired for blowing a decade's worth of assets on this disaster of a team is beyond me.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,117

Post#109 » by LamarWho » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:46 pm

He ain't playing in G1, most likely not G2 either. He's been out 3 weeks, not 3 days. He has yet to participate in full contact workouts. This guy screwed us again but I am so numb I don't even feel the pain anymore.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,458

Post#110 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:18 pm

You guys are kind of strange- you act like Kawhi deliberately hurts himself. I’m sure he wants to play and maybe he even will without practicing ahead of time- it’s not like the team doesn’t know how to adjust to him playing.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,336

Post#111 » by nickhx2 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:43 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:You guys are kind of strange- you act like Kawhi deliberately hurts himself. I’m sure he wants to play and maybe he even will without practicing ahead of time- it’s not like the team doesn’t know how to adjust to him playing.

the human mind goes to great lengths to invoke self-comforting mental scripts: sometimes in the form hyper-critical outrage based off of perceived/made-up narratives, no matter how weak or loose they might be.

i mean if some of you guys wanna live and revel in the misery you create for yourself, by all means, i suppose. but the reality is that the human body is pretty much the most complex thing we know of, and we, as the average human, know a whole lot less about it than we think.

kawhi's healing, it doesn't seem like he'll be ready, he could literally be fine tomorrow, we DON'T KNOW because we're not there yet, and the team's not gonna rule him out just to placate fan anxieties.

trying to pin this on gamesmanship of some sort is cool i guess if you wanna pin the tail on that donkey and bash that in, and if being critical of that makes people feel better, but i'm pretty sure self-immolation isn't the healthiest way to go about it.
KL2
Analyst

Post#112 » by KL2 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

It’s not that he’s injured. Again. It’s how they choose to report it. When he tore his ACL (we didn’t know but suspected) they said he was day to day with rest and treatment around the clock. Same exact story with his MCL. They lead fans to believe he’s day to day with a chance of playing when it’s clearly not the case.

This time you have Lawrence Frank saying his ACL/MCL is structurally sound. It’s just stubborn inflammation.

It’s been 3 weeks since he last played and it’s been a bleep show on information released.

How many truly believe Leonard, of all players, will be cleared to play without a full 5 on 5 practice with no contact?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,780

Post#113 » by madmaxmedia » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:30 pm

KL2 wrote:It’s not that he’s injured. Again. It’s how they choose to report it. When he tore his ACL (we didn’t know but suspected) they said he was day to day with rest and treatment around the clock. Same exact story with his MCL. They lead fans to believe he’s day to day with a chance of playing when it’s clearly not the case.

This time you have Lawrence Frank saying his ACL/MCL is structurally sound. It’s just stubborn inflammation.

It’s been 3 weeks since he last played and it’s been a bleep show on information released.

How many truly believe Leonard, of all players, will be cleared to play without a full 5 on 5 practice with no contact?

And the reporting is what causes people to start second-guessing Kawhi. I mean he’s borderline autistic so it is what it is, but in general we’d all be less frustrated if the communication was better/ normal compared to other teams.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,780

Post#114 » by madmaxmedia » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:33 pm

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Still lying. No contact today and Lue still won’t say if Leonard will be available tomorrow.

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,249

Post#115 » by Clemenza » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:01 am

Should've paid PG his money first and foremost.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,276

Post#116 » by wco81 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:01 am

I recall years ago there was talk that the injury he had with the Spurs was going to cause chronic problems the rest of his career.

He’s looked great for stretches since then but his availability has been spotty.

Presumably the Clippers knew all about his medical status before giving him the big extension.

Or maybe they felt they had no choice because he can still play great but he just hasn’t been as available as they’d like.

This whole lack of transparency, is it still KL’s camp driving it, as was the case when he kept info from the Spurs and eventually forced himself out?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,916

Post#117 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:21 am

wco81 wrote:I recall years ago there was talk that the injury he had with the Spurs was going to cause chronic problems the rest of his career.

He’s looked great for stretches since then but his availability has been spotty.

Presumably the Clippers knew all about his medical status before giving him the big extension.

Or maybe they felt they had no choice because he can still play great but he just hasn’t been as available as they’d like.

This whole lack of transparency, is it still KL’s camp driving it, as was the case when he kept info from the Spurs and eventually forced himself out?

If we want to psychoanalyze the whole thing, it begins and ends with Ballmer. He made every call and still does.

If I can go Wammy Giveaway for a moment, Steve Ballmer became one of the richest men in the world by being in the right place at the right time. He did NOTHING to make Microsoft what it is. He didn't start it, and Apple kicked his ass while he played it safe on cell phones.

Apple won the championship; Microsoft started as the #1 seed but finished as an also-ran.

Ballmer tried to buy a title, but now his partners/COMPETITORS have hamstrung him with new rules and now he's fckd with an old, gimpy team and no draft picks for the next 100 years.

Remember when Ballmer hired away award-winning Sports illustrated writer Lee Jenkins as Minister of Culture, Intelligence and Refreshments? I blame Lee Jenkins. What's he been doing all these years? Hookers and blow?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,431

Post#118 » by TrueLAfan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:29 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
KL2 wrote:It’s not that he’s injured. Again. It’s how they choose to report it. When he tore his ACL (we didn’t know but suspected) they said he was day to day with rest and treatment around the clock. Same exact story with his MCL. They lead fans to believe he’s day to day with a chance of playing when it’s clearly not the case.

And the reporting is what causes people to start second-guessing Kawhi. I mean he’s borderline autistic so it is what it is, but in general we’d all be less frustrated if the communication was better/ normal compared to other teams.

This. I think the communication issue extends beyond when he's missing time. Kawhi has been available a lot in the last season and a half. He played in 54 of 67 games last season after December 1, and then played 68 of the first 74 games this year. That’s better than fine. That’s 68 game per year pace. In the modern NBA, if you get 68 games per year from your superstar(s), you’re doing well.

So the problem is two fold, and I think they’re related. First is the biggest, most immediate problem. Kawhi plays a lot—but isn’t ready or able to play in the post season. This basically nullifies the value of anything he does during the regular season. Ballmer may think it’s okay that teams can get 50-55 wins a year when Kawhi is available 65 times in a regular season. But the fans will figure it out (we are doing that right now) and the playoff money and respect won’t come in.

What bother’s me is the second part of this. Kawhi doesn’t miss all that many games. He misses postseason games.Why? Did his injuries suddenly “flare up”? Are there fluky things that keep him out of the playoffs? Since it keeps happening, it sure looks and sounds like Kawhi must have some recognition that something begins to go south earlier than he tells people. Maybe he likes to play through the early stage sof pain. Maybe he just doesn’t want to tell anyone that things are starting to hurt. But that lack of understanding and communication pisses us off and hurts the team. I just don’t get it.
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 380

Post#119 » by wakelaunch1 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 pm

Gotta blow this whole team up and start over.
KingCrimzzon
Sophomore
And1: 171

Post#120 » by KingCrimzzon » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:33 pm

Kawhi and Embiid have the same knees. Embiid plays with a bloody knee. Kawhi been out for 3 weeks. I seriously doubt this guy's fortitude. I guess we going with playoff P :o

Return to Los Angeles Clippers