ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi Leonard Injury update

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,739

Kawhi Leonard Injury update 

Post#1 » by KL2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:43 am

We can’t have nice things. Surely he’ll be replaced for the all-star game.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,336

Re: Kawhi Leonard Injury update 

Post#2 » by nickhx2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:45 am

yeesh

any strain is rough but adductor strains can be troublesome

ASB timing is timely, i suppose
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,250

Post#3 » by Clemenza » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:00 am

Coffey and maybe Boston and Jordan Miller backing him up will have to step up in Kawhi's absence. It should be Mann but I don't trust him
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,920

Post#4 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:20 am

How long does it take to heal a strained adductor muscle?

Recovery time will depend on the severity of the injury. For Grade 1, recovery can take up to 2 weeks with normal movement such as walking resumed withing a few days. Grade 2 strains can take 3-6 weeks to heal while Grade 3 strains may take up to 4 months,

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,310

Post#5 » by Dynamix » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:44 am

I'm going the full copium route and choosing to believe that if you want to give your All Star selected player the most possible rest over the break, without raising too many eyebrows, this is probably how you'd go about it.

But also can't blame anyone expecting the absolute worst, since we've seen it happen so many times before.
KingCrimzzon
Sophomore
And1: 171

Post#6 » by KingCrimzzon » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:16 pm

Dynamix wrote:I'm going the full copium route and choosing to believe that if you want to give your All Star selected player the most possible rest over the break, without raising too many eyebrows, this is probably how you'd go about it.

But also can't blame anyone expecting the absolute worst, since we've seen it happen so many times before.

Really hope that is the case. But, that same excuse could have been made after the GSW game. Sadly, expecting the worst here :(
KL2
Analyst

Post#7 » by KL2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:32 pm

It can’t be serious then.

Read on Twitter
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 779

Post#8 » by donemilio21 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:55 pm

KingCrimzzon wrote:
Dynamix wrote:I'm going the full copium route and choosing to believe that if you want to give your All Star selected player the most possible rest over the break, without raising too many eyebrows, this is probably how you'd go about it.

Really hope that is the case. But, that same excuse could have been made after the GSW game. Sadly, expecting the worst here :(

Clippers Medical Staff and the FO have conditioned us to expect worse over the years. The people in those roles have changed but culture has been same for the last 13-14 years. Usual tactic is: Downplay injuries, use "day-to-day" and "will be revaluated" phrases often to buy as much time as possible to put butts on seats and keep hope up.
History suggests its 50/50. Either Kawhi returns shortly after the break or his season is done. If the latter we won't hear team acknowledge until 5th game of the first playoff round. That's the life of a Clippers fan.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,791

Post#9 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:12 pm

That was my thought too, that this was more a schedule thing than anything else. But yeah, it'll probably be either literally nothing, or he's out for the season.
KL2
Analyst

Post#10 » by KL2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
KingCrimzzon
Sophomore
And1: 171

Post#11 » by KingCrimzzon » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:03 pm

donemilio21 wrote:
KingCrimzzon wrote:

Clippers Medical Staff and the FO have conditioned us to expect worse over the years. The people in those roles have changed but culture has been same for the last 13-14 years. Usual tactic is: Downplay injuries, use "day-to-day" and "will be revaluated" phrases often to buy as much time as possible to put butts on seats and keep hope up.
History suggests its 50/50. Either Kawhi returns shortly after the break or his season is done. If the latter we won't hear team acknowledge until 5th game of the first playoff round. That's the life of a Clippers fan.

Agreed. Despite Lue saying he's hopeful he will play in OKC. For that matter I thought Kawhi looked off v. MINN, but I chalked it up to just having a bad game like rest of team. Gotta admit that in the back of my mind I was wondering, "Is this dude OK"?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,466

Post#12 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:18 am

It sounds like it's the same hip injury that's been bothering him off and on all season. Hopefully the ASB rest leads to improvement.
KL2
Analyst

Post#13 » by KL2 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:30 pm

He wouldn’t be playing if it was anything remotely serious. Sounds like what others said above. Bought him rest.

Read on Twitter
UKClipperfan
Junior
And1: 181

Post#14 » by UKClipperfan » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:45 pm

esqtvd wrote:

Oh dear. That muscle is in a rather precarious position.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#15 » by esqtvd » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:33 pm

UKClipperfan wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Kawhi's playing in the ASG. Looks like we got lucky.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,791

Post#16 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:07 pm

esqtvd wrote:
UKClipperfan wrote:

Kawhi's playing in the ASG. Looks like we got lucky.

The fact that he intended to play at all (and did play) was such a positive sign for a careful guy like Kawhi. A lot of people didn't like the news, yes there's always a chance that you get hurt in a meaningless game. But that he actually wanted to play in a meaningless game was the silver lining and the real takeaway.
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#17 » by ERClips » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:45 pm

Watched a little bit of the ASG. As much as I could stand. Funny how it’s a showcase for all this offensive talent but completely unwatchable without defense.
On with the season.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,476

Post#18 » by Ballings7 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:57 am

Last decent ASG was 2020 when Kawhi won it.. the first "Elam" format.

Now, a bunch even of that game was not too competitive, the score was still in the 150s... but the 4th quarter actually an enjoyable game and felt like it was a pro sport competition between great players.

Before CV19 and things got murky for awhile, too..

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/feb/17/nba-all-star-game-format-report

It felt so right for Kawhi to win it, especially in tribute to Kobe. Kawhi like Kobe, didn't have to score a million points either to impress anyone. Sheer technique, length, mental focus being core in their approach to the game.

Now most of Kawhi's scoring was threes, but its the way that shot them, they weren't all just walk-up or spot up and shoot threes for the most part.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
KL2
Analyst

Post#19 » by KL2 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:17 am

Yeah. Now I’m concerned. Maybe it’s not rest after all

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I didn’t realize you can only have 3 games with soreness then the nba wants specification. If it’s something more serious then we’ll know soon enough.

Tomer still believes it’s maintenance and gearing up for the playoffs.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#20 » by esqtvd » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:39 am

KL2 wrote:Yeah. Now I’m concerned. Maybe it’s not rest after all

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I didn’t realize you can only have 3 games with soreness then the nba wants specification. If it’s something more serious then we’ll know soon enough.

Tomer still believes it’s maintenance and gearing up for the playoffs.

Good post. And I dimly recall Commissioner Nosferatu getting steamed at the Clippers being tardy with some of their injury reports. Maybe trying to stay on his good side.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers