ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME #68: LAC (42-25) @ BLAZERS (19-48) WED 3/20 7PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

A Win With Worry 

Post#21 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:42 am

So they handled a lottery team, great. But it wasn't just any win, it was a season series victory. But does that mean they're back in the contender spot? No. In fact, they could still be a pretender.

Their next game is two days from now, a final meeting vs. Blazers. By having already won the season series, Clippers could theoretically give the Blazers a free game, customary in the league. This might be one of those times Clippers should go for a sweep. Consider the lost tiebreaker with Pelicans by virtue of their season series victory over Clippers a few games ago. Not only do they play tomorrow, it's a back-to-back with their second game taking place on the same day Clippers face Blazers.

Extra, extra: the Kings are two games away from surpassing Clippers for the Pacific Division. Mavericks are inching closer and closer to knock Clippers out of the secured spot and into the qualifier. Don't forget the other hopeful qualifiers, especially the Warriors with Chris Paul.

A loss to the Blazers after having won the season series would be catastrophic. No choice - they gotta sweep. Or else, they're stuck in the 7th to 10th range for the rest of the season.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Re: GAME #68: LAC (42-25) @ BLAZERS (19-48) WED 3/20 7PM 

Post#22 » by esqtvd » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:20 am

KL2 wrote:Leonard is unreal. Please be healthy for the playoffs.

Kawhi can do whatever he wants to on a basketball court. He just doesn't want to have to EVERY NIGHT ffs.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,425

Post#23 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:25 am

KL2 wrote:We’ve talked about it a lot but I’m seriously alarmed by Leonard’s lack of whistle.

I don’t understand it- he basically has to get assaulted to draw a foul
KingCrimzzon
Sophomore
And1: 160

Post#24 » by KingCrimzzon » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:50 am

esqtvd wrote:
KL2 wrote:Leonard is unreal. Please be healthy for the playoffs.

Kawhi can do whatever he wants to on a basketball court. He just doesn't want to have to EVERY NIGHT ffs.

Glad they won a scrimmage game today. Took some 9 3s from Harden and George to get it done. I think Kawhi's doesn't want to have to starts getting absorbed by the rest of team. PG and Harden are like, hey we're stars too, we can do the same. The role players are like, well the stars are chilling so we can too. Meanwhile anyone who's actually trying is left wondering why they're alone. Case in point: Theis was mad (in the 4th) and bewildered that nobody stopped a drive from half court all the way to the rim where he had to pick up the offensive player. This lasiez Faire attitude is corrosive and I hope Ty recognizes it because it's what will get them in a play in instead of a top 4 seed.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#25 » by playaloc916 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:56 pm

KL2 wrote:Hopefully just a stinger for Leonard.

*eta* I thought he was flexing his shoulder but actually it’s his wrist. Still on the bench and not even being looked at though he keeps flexing it.

And wth was Harden contesting Leonard’s shot for?

Read on Twitter

Oh man I nearly choked when after seeing that :lol: . And people say Harden doesn't play defense

I guess it's too much to ask for a blowout win, the way this team has been playing recently. Can't remember the last time they had one of those. I did like the minutes Boston had. He's a bit more creative offensively than Coffey, but Coffey's defense is much better, and the team is definitely lacking in that aspect.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,206

Post#26 » by og15 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:56 pm

KL2 wrote:Hopefully just a stinger for Leonard.

*eta* I thought he was flexing his shoulder but actually it’s his wrist. Still on the bench and not even being looked at though he keeps flexing it.

And wth was Harden contesting Leonard’s shot for?

Read on Twitter

It's a mystery to all of us
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 922

Post#27 » by NickP » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:07 pm

Good news is they won. Meh is it was against a lottery team. But we'll take it.
Now let's repeat it again tomorrow.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,232

Post#28 » by Clemenza » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter

-Also on another note, Bones game has fallen off a cliff lately and looks to be in the doghouse. Is Primo up next while Russ is injured?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,750

Post#29 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:17 pm

Clemenza wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kawhi: I'm a fun guy
James: Hold my beer
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#30 » by ERClips » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:59 pm

To me it looked like Harden brain farted & forgot we were on offense? Who knows

Yeah Bones body language last night was horrible. Could tell from a distance just looking at him. He’s got skills but still a major work in progress.

One thing I like about BBJ is he’s alway willing to shoot/score. And he’s pretty good at it. If he keeps working on his defense & decision making he’ll give us what a lot of other teams have in reserve wings.
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#31 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:38 pm

ERClips wrote:One thing I like about BBJ is he’s alway willing to shoot/score. And he’s pretty good at it. If he keeps working on his defense & decision making he’ll give us what a lot of other teams have in reserve wings.

If he were more disciplined, he might be able to score at a more reasonable efficiency and earn regular minutes.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,232

Post#32 » by Clemenza » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:59 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
ERClips wrote:One thing I like about BBJ is he’s alway willing to shoot/score. And he’s pretty good at it. If he keeps working on his defense & decision making he’ll give us what a lot of other teams have in reserve wings.

If he were more disciplined, he might be able to score at a more reasonable efficiency and earn regular minutes.

At times he has his man beat off the dribble or he straight up shakes a defender with ease for an open jumper, but then for some strange reason he has to go into another set of unnecessary moves which enables the defense to recover, lock back in, and now he's taking a more difficult shot when he had the better, open, high percentage shot three moves/dribbles ago. If he can eliminate that from his game he'll be on to something moving forward. His defense has improved big time since last season imo.
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#33 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:17 pm

Clemenza wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:

At times he has his man beat off the dribble or he straight up shakes a defender with ease for an open jumper, but then for some strange reason he has to go into another set of unnecessary moves which enables the defense to recover, lock back in, and now he's taking a more difficult shot when he had the better, open, high percentage shot three moves/dribbles ago. If he can eliminate that from his game he'll be on to something moving forward. His defense has improved big time since last season imo.

Yes- a straight pull-up with good form is often a higher percentage shot than a closer twisting fadeaway.

He seems to have settled in against G-League level play last year and was a reasonably efficient volume scorer, where his athleticism nets him better shots. That may seem like faint praise but he was sort of a mess coming out of Duke. He's still only 22 and I haven't given up on him yet, even if he's not the upstart surprise he was a couple of years ago. He still has a higher ceiling than Coffey, but his current floor is much lower too (he is four and half years younger...)

Return to Los Angeles Clippers