ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME #71: PACERS (40-32) @ LAC (44-26) MON 3/25 7:30PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,750

Re: GAME #71: PACERS (40-32) @ LAC (44-26) MON 3/25 7:30PM 

Post#41 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:49 pm

Dynamix wrote:A small part of me still isn't ready to give up on the team and just wants them to make the playoffs fully healthy, but there's a much bigger part that now expects a play-in elimination.

Regardless of where we end up I hope we enter the playoffs healthy. It doesn't mean we'll win even a series, but at least go down fully on our terms (as bad as that can look LOL.)
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#42 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:53 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
KingCrimzzon wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I don't think they're happy about it, but getting pissed off only helps briefly anyway. They are just getting thoroughly outplayed. Tonight wasn't an effort issue as far as I could tell- Indiana was just physically superior and couldn't miss a shot most of the night.

Ok, but they just got blown out yesterday too. Let's not try to act like what's been happening the last 2 months are just one offs. You can play well and still loose in this league but that shouldn't look like constant 20 pt losses either.

I agree- it is totally unacceptable.

I just can't fully discern how much of their losses are due to deficits in physical ability (they are old, tired, unathletic) vs. poor effort. Perhaps it is a combination of the two

Yeah I don't get the sense you were letting them off the hook at all. I mean either the FO screwed up in putting this roster together, or it's not playing up to its potential due to effort, coaching, etc. Or as you say a combination of both. Either way it's a perfect storm right now. I don't think anyone could have possibly predicted after the 6-1 Grammy trip, that wheels were going to suddenly and completely fall off the wagon.
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#43 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:01 pm

clipperlover wrote:
KingCrimzzon wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I don't think they're happy about it, but getting pissed off only helps briefly anyway. They are just getting thoroughly outplayed. Tonight wasn't an effort issue as far as I could tell- Indiana was just physically superior and couldn't miss a shot most of the night.

Ok, but they just got blown out yesterday too. Let's not try to act like what's been happening the last 2 months are just one offs. You can play well and still loose in this league but that shouldn't look like constant 20 pt losses either.

Philly 18-37 from 3
Indy 17-28 from 3
Clips 10-28 and 6/20

Both opponents made more 3s in 1 game than we did in the 2 games.

I looked up the stats. We are now 12-13 when our opponents hit 15 or more 3s in a game. Clips are 14-3 when they hit 15 or more 3s in a game. Since the Grammy trip, we only have 2 games where we have made 15+ 3s. Our opponents have hit 15+ 3s 10 times during that same stretch.

That is really interesting actually. Since 213 started we've been a 3 point shooting team. These stats don't let us off the hook either, leaving opposing shooters open is a great way to get them rolling. What is hard for our older, slower team is to keep on top of everyone when other teams move the ball around. Again that's not an excuse, every team has their weaknesses they have to work to compensate for.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,232

Post#44 » by Clemenza » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:40 pm

Most won't agree but I would've grabbed Kai Jones, then activate Kobe Brown, Moussa, Jordan Miller, along with Mann, Westbrook & maybe Coffey & BBJ, and have theses guys run with PG & Kawhi. They'll run the floor, rebound, defend, block shots, dunk, box out, occasionally score, etc. Then our stars will get to work less and be fresher in the 4th and close out the game for the win.

People want to rip PG all day, and I get it with his mental lapses and all, but this is now a role player problem on this team. We have the 2 guys on the team that still have value around the league, surround them with athletes for chr*st sake! There's solutions out there, but as usual, we have to play status quo and please vets first and foremost above winning.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Something To Consider 

Post#45 » by Wammy Giveaway » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

No, I'm not talking about bringing Morris back; besides, it's too late. I'm talking about getting ejected from a game in general.

Remember, Clippers galvanized after Lue got tossed in a road game vs. Warriors. Every time a player got ejected, whether it was on an opponent, or by one of their own, they win. They are 3-0 in this regard.

If Leonard and George are the leaders they claim to be, they need to prove it by taking one for the team. Send a message: "You can lose me now, or lose me later." Make the Clippers go Inigo Montoya on them:

(Just replace "killed my father" with "got my player tossed")
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#46 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:28 pm

Clemenza wrote:Most won't agree but I would've grabbed Kai Jones, then activate Kobe Brown, Moussa, Jordan Miller, along with Mann, Westbrook & maybe Coffey & BBJ, and have theses guys run with PG & Kawhi. They'll run the floor, rebound, defend, block shots, dunk, box out, occasionally score, etc. Then our stars will get to work less and be fresher in the 4th and close out the game for the win.

People want to rip PG all day, and I get it with his mental lapses and all, but this is now a role player problem on this team. We have the 2 guys on the team that still have value around the league, surround them with athletes for chr*st sake! There's solutions out there, but as usual, we have to play status quo and please vets first and foremost above winning.

I think most would agree this team sorely lacks young athleticism, and your idea is actually a very fun one. The net effect might end up the same but just for different reasons- beat bad teams because we got PG and Kawhi and can match their athleticism, lose to good teams because our overall skill level will not be enough. My version would probably be a little different, PG, Kawhi, Harden, and Zu would all play but staggered somewhat, with the young guys.

I'd like to see it happen for 2-3 games, just to see what happens. What else have we got to look forward to right now anyway LOL...
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,232

Post#47 » by Clemenza » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:31 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Most won't agree but I would've grabbed Kai Jones, then activate Kobe Brown, Moussa, Jordan Miller, along with Mann, Westbrook & maybe Coffey & BBJ, and have theses guys run with PG & Kawhi. They'll run the floor, rebound, defend, block shots, dunk, box out, occasionally score, etc. Then our stars will get to work less and be fresher in the 4th and close out the game for the win.

I think most would agree this team sorely lacks young athleticism, and your idea is actually a very fun one. The net effect might end up the same but just for different reasons- beat bad teams because we got PG and Kawhi and can match their athleticism, lose to good teams because our overall skill level will not be enough. My version would probably be a little different, PG, Kawhi, Harden, and Zu would all play but staggered somewhat, with the young guys.

I'd like to see it happen for 2-3 games, just to see what happens. What else have we got to look forward to right now anyway LOL...

I agree and I didn't mean to exclude Harden & Zu from the picture. Of course they're playing. I'm just getting tired of the rest haven-safe space that we've become for vets on their last leg. Guaranteed minutes to make them happy but the blown leads, losses, and early playoff exits continue to pile up and plage the team. Yet we scream out slogans like "Give no quarter" "We're going to be hardcore!", and "It's time to take the regular season serious", but at the end of the day it's still just a retirement home that's out to please those way past their prime.
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#48 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:18 pm

Our current slogan courtesy of Ty- "Yeah, we're soft."
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#49 » by clipperlover » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:39 pm

wakelaunch1 wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:Gotta move on from a few players. Its just not a good blend of talent. Team needs to do a sign and trade with either Kawhi/PG. This team needs a leader which it hasnt had since Beverly. It needs of a top 3 player on the team to be a leader. Also I would move on from Lue.

I would knock the Rockets door and ask for Amen Thompson&Tari Eason and picks for 3 year extension signed Kawhi.
Fire Lue, Let Harden and Russ go elsewhere. Let Theis&Mason go too. Trade Norman for a High energy athletic big to pair with Zu.
Sign PG13 for a Blake Griffin contract in order to trade him in 2025 Trade deadline.
Roll with Amen&Mann&Pg13(placeholder)-Tari-Zu(Athletic Big). Harvest trade picks via cap space trades.
I'm ok with this type of young, energic, athletic team fighting for Play-inn for couple seasons.

I am thinking both PG/Kawhi need to go. I dont think i want any players on my team that are more interested in Podcasting. Both are old and dont give max effort. Both are terrible communicators and leaders. They need to both play with another top dog where both can float around. they are both too old to be 1A player.

Kawhi just hit 65 games played for the first time since he went down in San Antonio. He is 9 games from tying the most games he played in a season. He is averaging more minutes played than any other season in his career. His numbers are not that far off.

Come playoff time Kawhi and PG will increase their minutes played by 6 minutes each per game. So, that should help us a lot.

Looking at the numbers, the Clips are 9-0 in games where Theis has 7 or more rebounds and 9-4 in games where he has 2 or more blocks. Since the Grammy trip, he only has 7 more more boards twice (both wins) and 2 or more blocks 3 times (2 losses). Clips are 18-4 when he is a +1 or better.

Damn looking at the numbers. The +/- for our stars tells a lot. Clips are 1-18 wen PG is 0 or below. Clips are at 6-26 when Kawhi is 0 or below. When Kawhi and PG are +2 or better, we are nearly unbeatable. When Harden is 0 or better we are 38-1. Clips are hot garbage when Harden is sub 0 (2-23).
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,199

Post#50 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:13 am

madmaxmedia wrote:Our current slogan courtesy of Ty- "Yeah, we're soft."

Now that he's openly throwing players under the bus while still taking no personal responsibility for his own awful coaching, there are no arguments left to the contrary. Lue is Doc 2.0.

Not even joking, this is the exact same excuse Doc made towards the end of the Lob City era when he was losing the locker room.

For the Clippers, Rivers' message was an illustration of the degree to which the relationship between coach and roster had deteriorated: Rivers had all but abdicated his responsibilities because he perceived his team was soft. His message was the coaches' equivalent of: "I wish you were never born."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23092424/nba-did-doc-rivers-make-los-angeles-clippers-break-them
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#51 » by esqtvd » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:08 am

clipperlover wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:I would knock the Rockets door and ask for Amen Thompson&Tari Eason and picks for 3 year extension signed Kawhi.
Fire Lue, Let Harden and Russ go elsewhere. Let Theis&Mason go too. Trade Norman for a High energy athletic big to pair with Zu.
Sign PG13 for a Blake Griffin contract in order to trade him in 2025 Trade deadline.
Roll with Amen&Mann&Pg13(placeholder)-Tari-Zu(Athletic Big). Harvest trade picks via cap space trades.
I'm ok with this type of young, energic, athletic team fighting for Play-inn for couple seasons.

I am thinking both PG/Kawhi need to go. I dont think i want any players on my team that are more interested in Podcasting. Both are old and dont give max effort. Both are terrible communicators and leaders. They need to both play with another top dog where both can float around. they are both too old to be 1A player.

Kawhi just hit 65 games played for the first time since he went down in San Antonio. He is 9 games from tying the most games he played in a season. He is averaging more minutes played than any other season in his career. His numbers are not that far off.

Come playoff time Kawhi and PG will increase their minutes played by 6 minutes each per game. So, that should help us a lot.

Looking at the numbers, the Clips are 9-0 in games where Theis has 7 or more rebounds and 9-4 in games where he has 2 or more blocks. Since the Grammy trip, he only has 7 more more boards twice (both wins) and 2 or more blocks 3 times (2 losses). Clips are 18-4 when he is a +1 or better.

Damn looking at the numbers. The +/- for our stars tells a lot. Clips are 1-18 wen PG is 0 or below. Clips are at 6-26 when Kawhi is 0 or below. When Kawhi and PG are +2 or better, we are nearly unbeatable. When Harden is 0 or better we are 38-1. Clips are hot garbage when Harden is sub 0 (2-23).

Yes, the only optimistic explanation is tired legs. And back-to-backs. And travel is a killer too. This affects our defense and also our 3-point shooting going from top of the league to near the bottom.

In the playoffs there is finally an even playing field. We have to hope for the best.

As for "playing the kids," sorry, they suck. The worst 3rd team in the league, can't be trusted for 5 minutes with a big lead. In fact, our 9-10th men Plumlee and Bones have been crap. In fact, Theis and Powell bleed points. And Coffey has fallen off tremendously of late.

And now ancient mariners PG and Beard are stinking up the joint. BRING BACK LOAD MANAGEMENT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 922

Post#52 » by NickP » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:28 am

Meanwhile the Lakes are surging.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 729

Post#53 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:55 am

clipperlover wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:I would knock the Rockets door and ask for Amen Thompson&Tari Eason and picks for 3 year extension signed Kawhi.

When I propose to trade Kawhi&PG it's becuase they are the only one that might return something. Of course we are gonna look better when Kawhi&PG&Harden plays good. It's just that's not enough because the rest of the roster is şhitpile and our FO left no assest in order to have privilege to witness this beauty that there is no way to get better unless our not so promising end of bench players take a step further. We don't know, can't know this because of win now mode we are in, Ty just doesn't plays them.

This team will be eliminated soon and major cleaning needs to happen asap afterthat. Forget about new stadium agenda.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6

Return to Los Angeles Clippers