ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME #71: PACERS (40-32) @ LAC (44-26) MON 3/25 7:30PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Re: GAME #71: PACERS (40-32) @ LAC (44-26) MON 3/25 7:30PM 

Post#21 » by clipperlover » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:45 am

I am wondering if there is something bigger going on. They have been having major issues at home. Is someone having personal issues that are impacting the team when they are at home?
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 922

Post#22 » by NickP » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:53 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Real talk. How can anyone still defend this team and not think it needs to be rebuilt from scratch? How much more of this do we need to see?

Personally, it's gotten to the point where I don't even remember there's a game on until it's almost over and I'm numb to the blowout losses. I just don't have it in me to still care about this era when the owner, front office, coaches and players don't seem to care at all.

I think I'm now on board with this. At least we can trade for picks. Bring in some young and faster guys. Start from scratch. I'd rather see a new young team fighting than these guys who think they can simply flip the switch on.
The play in is looking pretty damn real.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,419

Post#23 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:58 am

I don't even think it was an effort thing tonight- they were trying, but just got thoroughly out played. They haven't been shooting consistently well for a month and basically every team shoots lights out against them even when being guarded. Halliburton was apparently in the worst shooting slump of his career but you'd never know it watching this game. Also, why does every team play like it's game 7 of the NBA finals when they play the Clippers in LA? All of these teams seem so fired up to play from the tip
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#24 » by Dynamix » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:00 am

A small part of me still isn't ready to give up on the team and just wants them to make the playoffs fully healthy, but there's a much bigger part that now expects a play-in elimination.
KingCrimzzon
Sophomore
And1: 160

Post#25 » by KingCrimzzon » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:02 am

What blows my mind is how competitors seem ok with getting beat by 20 every game. Like how can they just not give a ****? How is Ty not able to shake them for their own malaise? They have no shame with their lackadaisical attitude. These fools should be embarrassed that every team is punking them all day long. :banghead: :banghead:
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#26 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:05 am

KingCrimzzon wrote:What blows my mind is how competitors seem ok with getting beat by 20 every game. Like how can they just not give a ****? How is Ty not able to shake them for their own malaise? They have no shame with their lackadaisical attitude. These fools should be embarrassed that every team is punking them all day long. :banghead: :banghead:

I don't think they're happy about it, but getting pissed off only helps briefly anyway. They are just getting thoroughly outplayed. Tonight wasn't an effort issue as far as I could tell- Indiana was just physically superior and couldn't miss a shot most of the night.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,097

Post#27 » by LamarWho » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:07 am

Until we get a brand new FO and coaching staff, this franchise is doomed. We'll be targeting old washed veterans because Ballmer wants to win that chip asap.
KingCrimzzon
Sophomore
And1: 160

Post#28 » by KingCrimzzon » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:08 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
KingCrimzzon wrote:What blows my mind is how competitors seem ok with getting beat by 20 every game. Like how can they just not give a ****? How is Ty not able to shake them for their own malaise? They have no shame with their lackadaisical attitude. These fools should be embarrassed that every team is punking them all day long. :banghead: :banghead:

I don't think they're happy about it, but getting pissed off only helps briefly anyway. They are just getting thoroughly outplayed. Tonight wasn't an effort issue as far as I could tell- Indiana was just physically superior and couldn't miss a shot most of the night.

Ok, but they just got blown out yesterday too. Let's not try to act like what's been happening the last 2 months are just one offs. You can play well and still loose in this league but that shouldn't look like constant 20 pt losses either.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#29 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:15 am

KingCrimzzon wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

Ok, but they just got blown out yesterday too. Let's not try to act like what's been happening the last 2 months are just one offs. You can play well and still loose in this league but that shouldn't look like constant 20 pt losses either.

I agree- it is totally unacceptable.

I just can't fully discern how much of their losses are due to deficits in physical ability (they are old, tired, unathletic) vs. poor effort. Perhaps it is a combination of the two
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,335

Post#30 » by The High Cyde » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:43 am

Glad I stopped watching this team. Complete ass since the ASB. I’ll tune in in the playoffs.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#31 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:40 am

The High Cyde wrote:Glad I stopped watching this team. Complete ass since the ASB. I’ll tune in in the playoffs.

At this point, I just hope they make the playoffs
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 365

Post#32 » by wakelaunch1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:50 am

Gotta move on from a few players. Its just not a good blend of talent. Team needs to do a sign and trade with either Kawhi/PG. This team needs a leader which it hasnt had since Beverly. It needs of a top 3 player on the team to be a leader. Also I would move on from Lue.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#33 » by clipperlover » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:15 am

KingCrimzzon wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

Philly 18-37 from 3
Indy 17-28 from 3
Clips 10-28 and 6/20

Both opponents made more 3s in 1 game than we did in the 2 games.

I looked up the stats. We are now 12-13 when our opponents hit 15 or more 3s in a game. Clips are 14-3 when they hit 15 or more 3s in a game. Since the Grammy trip, we only have 2 games where we have made 15+ 3s. Our opponents have hit 15+ 3s 10 times during that same stretch.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 727

Post#34 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:Gotta move on from a few players. Its just not a good blend of talent. Team needs to do a sign and trade with either Kawhi/PG. This team needs a leader which it hasnt had since Beverly. It needs of a top 3 player on the team to be a leader. Also I would move on from Lue.

I would knock the Rockets door and ask for Amen Thompson&Tari Eason and picks for 3 year extension signed Kawhi.
Fire Lue, Let Harden and Russ go elsewhere. Let Theis&Mason go too. Trade Norman for a High energy athletic big to pair with Zu.
Sign PG13 for a Blake Griffin contract in order to trade him in 2025 Trade deadline.
Roll with Amen&Mann&Pg13(placeholder)-Tari-Zu(Athletic Big). Harvest trade picks via cap space trades.
I'm ok with this type of young, energic, athletic team fighting for Play-inn for couple seasons.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 365

Post#35 » by wakelaunch1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:Gotta move on from a few players. Its just not a good blend of talent. Team needs to do a sign and trade with either Kawhi/PG. This team needs a leader which it hasnt had since Beverly. It needs of a top 3 player on the team to be a leader. Also I would move on from Lue.

I would knock the Rockets door and ask for Amen Thompson&Tari Eason and picks for 3 year extension signed Kawhi.
Fire Lue, Let Harden and Russ go elsewhere. Let Theis&Mason go too. Trade Norman for a High energy athletic big to pair with Zu.
Sign PG13 for a Blake Griffin contract in order to trade him in 2025 Trade deadline.
Roll with Amen&Mann&Pg13(placeholder)-Tari-Zu(Athletic Big). Harvest trade picks via cap space trades.
I'm ok with this type of young, energic, athletic team fighting for Play-inn for couple seasons.

I am thinking both PG/Kawhi need to go. I dont think i want any players on my team that are more interested in Podcasting. Both are old and dont give max effort. Both are terrible communicators and leaders. They need to both play with another top dog where both can float around. they are both too old to be 1A player.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,230

Post#36 » by Clemenza » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:42 am

clipperlover wrote:I am wondering if there is something bigger going on. They have been having major issues at home. Is someone having personal issues that are impacting the team when they are at home?

Too old and slow. They were gassed after the Grammy trip. PG and Kawhi need athletes surrounding them at this stage of their careers. Right now only 2-3 guys can stay in front of their man on defense. Just looking at the game and looking at their youthful squad and then seeing one of our stars stars on the floor with PJ, Coffey, Zu, Norm, etc on our side and it tells you the whole story. Kai Jones was sitting at home and there for the taking but nope. A few on here don't want to see the kids play so this is what you're going to get unless the main core can somehow re-energize and play 48 minutes again. If Norm isn't hitting shots he's damn near unplayable. Coffey and Mann are the same player and both pass up numerous shots. Zu is hit or miss and plays soft overall. PJ and Plumlee are washed and need to sit. Harden a gassed beyond belief and only takes 6-8 shots per game now. Theis is undersized. Then there's the other issues like PG's contract situation, PJ's fury over his minutes, Bones going through whatever, etc. We literally don't look good on paper and on the court.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,230

Post#37 » by Clemenza » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:53 am

KingCrimzzon wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

Yeah but they're getting more tired and gassed as the season progresses. They had more energy pre all star break and beat Indy pretty good on their home floor. Now fast forward to March and we're fatigued and seemingly checked out. Maybe things will be different in the playoffs when the game slows down, but at the same time we're only a few games above the play in so we really can't even talk about playoffs right now. Philly, no Embiid but a young team running up and down the floor all game long is our Kryptonite. Same thing tonight, we stayed with them in the first half the but the tired old legs were done for in the 4th as they ran up and down the floor.. rebounds, dunks, blocks, steals, threes, put backs, etc. while just stood there out of breath and flat footed. No athletes, no youth, no power forwards, question mark bigs, small ball, PJ getting minutes, not much from Coffey and Mann, Harden old and gassed, etc. It is what it is.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,199

Post#38 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:56 pm

The High Cyde wrote:Glad I stopped watching this team. Complete ass since the ASB. I’ll tune in in the playoffs.

KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,708

Post#39 » by KL2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:29 pm

LOL at Lue. After the Hawks game he said he doesn’t like airing what he says to the team publicly. How it gives the media fuel to write whatever. Now after last night he’s calling them soft. Mentally and physically. Just like his timeouts and challenges he’s a little too late imo.

Another example of why some of us beg to see the young guys get minutes. Start early in the season so they can go through the rookie bumps and all. No one expects Jordan and Barkley but guys who bring the energy and can help fill some gaps when we need them. That’s how you learn when you can play with other key pieces. Not just be thrown in when there’s an injury or blowout.

We’re an old team and others have all ready pointed out they’re gassed. But now we’re up the creek and can’t afford to rest them.

And whoever is behind the PJ Tucker experiment should be fired.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It wasn’t that bad? If the players have given up it’s because the coach has too.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,280

Post#40 » by Scoundreldays » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:39 pm

KL2 wrote:LOL at Lue. After the Hawks game he said he doesn’t like airing what he says to the team publicly. How it gives the media fuel to write whatever. Now after last night he’s calling them soft. Mentally and physically. Just like his timeouts and challenges he’s a little too late imo.

Another example of why some of us beg to see the young guys get minutes. Start early in the season so they can go through the rookie bumps and all. No one expects Jordan and Barkley but guys who bring the energy and can help fill some gaps when we need them. That’s how you learn when you can play with other key pieces. Not just be thrown in when there’s an injury or blowout.

We’re an old team and others have all ready pointed out they’re gassed. But now we’re up the creek and can’t afford to rest them.

And whoever is behind the PJ Tucker experiment should be fired.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It wasn’t that bad? If the players have given up it’s because the coach has too.

It's too late in the season to be "working on things" that shouldve happened months ago. This team down to the coach has 0 sense of urgency and I'm fine with hitting the Nuclear button. Picks be damned I'd have fun watching a 2019 or 2022 style team again.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers