Clippers adding Kai Jones and waiving Josh Primo

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 733

Re: Clippers adding Kai Jones and waiving Josh Primo 

Post#21 » by Captain Ballmer » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:36 am

esqtvd wrote:
Powell is arguably a Top-5 sixth man and Zu a Top-10 center, but that's not a lot to hang your hat on. Starter T-Mann is not even among the top 20 or maybe even 50 swingmen and after those five--six if you count a 36-yr-old Brodie--the cupboard is BARE.

Really? I would say he is more likely Bottom 10 starting center. How is your list?

Embiid-Jokic-Davis-Sengün-Sabonis-Wemby-Adebayo-Chet-Gobert-Porzingis clearly ahead top 10 to me.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,913

Post#22 » by esqtvd » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:14 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Powell is arguably a Top-5 sixth man and Zu a Top-10 center, but that's not a lot to hang your hat on. Starter T-Mann is not even among the top 20 or maybe even 50 swingmen and after those five--six if you count a 36-yr-old Brodie--the cupboard is BARE.

Really? I would say he is more likely Bottom 10 starting center. How is your list?

Embiid-Jokic-Davis-Sengün-Sabonis-Wemby-Adebayo-Chet-Gobert-Porzingis clearly ahead top 10 to me.

Maybe you're right. I don't dog Zu, is all. On a favorable contract, he is the least of our problems. I thought the T-Mann part would get more pushback. I've been accused of being both a Zu and Mann hater FOR YEARS, but they simply is what they is. :dontknow:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,260

Post#23 » by og15 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:16 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I posted in the other thread, but Zubac led the league in defensive FG% in the restricted area, he's better than people actually think, I wouldn't say necessarily top 10, but he's a very solid rim protecting starting C.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,726

Post#24 » by KL2 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:38 am

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/04/pacific-notes-beal-ellis-k-jones-russell.html

Kai Jones‘ new contract with the Clippers includes a non-guaranteed minimum-salary team option for 2024/25, Hoops Rumors has confirmed. Even if Los Angeles picks up the option this June, Jones’ $2,196,970 salary for next season wouldn’t become guaranteed unless he remains under contract through January 7.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,239

Post#25 » by Clemenza » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:43 pm

A ton of players declaring for the draft now. Even though we only have a 2nd rounder this year, something tells me we'll somehow end up with a couple of new prospects to try out in summer league. A lot of these teams with tons of pics really can't add anymore young talent roster wise. Some of them need a couple of vets to go with their youngsters.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,913

Post#26 » by esqtvd » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:52 am

Clemenza wrote:A ton of players declaring for the draft now. Even though we only have a 2nd rounder this year, something tells me we'll somehow end up with a couple of new prospects to try out in summer league. A lot of these teams with tons of pics really can't add anymore young talent roster wise. Some of them need a couple of vets to go with their youngsters.

It'll be a lot tougher.

Teams that are $17.5 million over the luxury tax threshold have restrictions:
    These teams can’t sign players to the mid-level expectation. This clause would have prevented the 2022 signings of Danilo Gallinari (Celtics), Donte DiVincenzo (Warriors), Joe Ingles (Bucks) and John Wall (Clippers).
    These teams can’t take in more salary in a trade than they are sending out. Previously, they could take back 125% of their outgoing salaries.
    These teams can’t trade first-round picks seven years out anymore (all teams below the second apron can).

These teams can’t trade cash in a deal (this will prevent them from being able to “buy” second-round picks on draft night).

These teams can’t sign buyout players during the season. This would have prevented the 2023 buyout signings of Russell Westbrook (Clippers), Goran Dragic (Bucks), Terrence Ross (Suns) and Justin Holiday (Mavericks).
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers