ImageImageImageImageImage

RD 1 GAME #2: MAVS [0-1] @ LAC [1-0]—TUES 4/23 7 PM, TNT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 1,990

Re: RD 1 GAME #2: MAVS [0-1] @ LAC [1-0]—TUES 4/23 7 PM, TNT 

Post#141 » by Bobbymcgee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:07 pm

Clippers need to win one of the next two in Dallas to make it a best 2 out of 3 with homecourt advantage.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,808

Post#142 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:My number one concern about Game 2 was that Kawhi felt fine afterwards and is 100% going forward. Since we haven’t heard anything at all otherwise, feeling good about that. Winning would have been really nice too though LOL.

Looks like they were throwing him in the deep in trying to let him get acclimated quickly instead of easing him back...lol

Like mentioned earlier, better to get that game out the way early in the series than game 4 or 5

There are arguments to both sides, but I prefer this way since we won Game 1. If he's healthy and able to shake out much of the rust in Game 2, we can now look forward to the rest of the series healthy and ready to go.

In retrospect, if playing him less would have sealed the deal and won us Game 2 then sure that would be preferable. But I'm not even sure that's the case. Kawhi shot fine from 2PT (7-12), it was the 0-5 from 3 that hurt us. We built a small lead early in the 4th so I think overall it was working pretty well, but then the entire team got stagnant and bogged down.
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#143 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:49 pm

One thing I definitely didn't like was multiple times in the 4th, we had one of our primary guys isolated against Doncic one-on-one and they constantly passed out of it. Doncic was playing hard, but that's the matchup you want and you got to try to attack it.
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#144 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:07 pm

og15 wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:PG and Kawhi are just a terrible fit together. It doesnt help that Kawhi cant dribble right now but they just dont play off each other well and the minute Westbrook left the offense just stalled. Its just a one on 5 offense and Mavs can rest on defense. No one attacking, no quick passes.

They aren't a terrible fit at all, Kawhi is just not ready for playoff basketball right now. Hard to take three weeks off, do not contact then just jump into playoff basketball.

NickP wrote:
KL2 wrote:What a letdown. Damn. Not a good feeling heading to Dallas.

Not sure what Lue can do from here.

Lue can keep playing that (Please Use More Appropriate Word) Plumlee over Theis.
When last was Plumle even on the floor this game, 2nd quarter? Haha

I mean it worked pretty great during that 30 game stretch midseason.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,015

Post#145 » by clipperlover » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:02 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:One thing I definitely didn't like was multiple times in the 4th, we had one of our primary guys isolated against Doncic one-on-one and they constantly passed out of it. Doncic was playing hard, but that's the matchup you want and you got to try to attack it.

Or, they allow Luka to think he is doing a great job defensively, so that Kidd doesn't make any adjustments. Then, they exploit it in Game 3.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers