ImageImageImage

It's official,the Bucs are in the race for Mariota/Winston..

Moderator: craig01

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

It's official,the Bucs are in the race for Mariota/Winston.. 

Post#1 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 10:23 pm

With 8 games left the Bucs are 1-7, still have the Falcons, Saints, Panthers, Packers, Bengals, Bears, Lions and Redskins left. The Bucs are officially in the race for one of Mariota/Winston. Neither Josh McCown or Mike Glennon are the answer at QB. IMO it's a must for Lovie and GM Licht to draft one of these QB's, if they don't want their jobs on the hot seat after the 2015 season.
They also can't make the same mistakes they made this past offseason, next offseason. They made the O Line a huge weakness by getting rid of Penn and Joesph, none of 3 OL players they brought in have made significant impacts on the field. On defense the 2 players they brought in who have been the biggest busts is Michael Johnson and Alterraun Verner.

They must improve the O Line and QB positions this offseason, and IMO it starts with drafting a LT with in the first two rounds, and moving Anthony Collins to RG(he has no business playing either tackle position). Now here's a question they ask themselves, do they want a franchise QB(multiple pro bowls, possible MVP award(s) with a very solid 8-10 yr starter at LT(1-multiple pro bowls) or do they want a franchise LT(multiple pro bowls) with a very solid 8-10 yr starter at QB(solid starter, 1-multiple pro bowls)??
IE, I believe there are 4 very good QBs to draft in the first two rounds of this draft, Mariota and Winston in the top 10/1st round - the multiple pro bowl QBs with possibility of MVP award(s), and Brett Hundley and Bo Wallace in the 2nd round - the solid starters with 1- multiple pro bowls. Here's and example,

The Bucs could draft LT Andrus Peat(franchise LT 8-10 yr starter, multiple pro bowls)with their top 5 pick and draft Brett Hundley or Bo Wallace(very solid 8-10 yr starter, 1-multiple pro bowls) in round 2.
Or could draft Mariota/Winston(franchise QB 8-10 yr starter, MVP award(s), multiple pro bowls) with their top 5 pick and draft a LT like Corey Robinson(very solid 8-10 yr starter, 1-multiple pro bowls) in round 2.

Next they need to be active in FA, not nessicarily spend a bunch on multiple players. I think the should go all out on signing FA DE Cliff Avril(will be a FA this offseason), and make some lesser $$ signings filling depth at OG, DT and LB. They should let FA LB Mason Foster(will be a FA this offseason) walk, and release LBs Dane Fletcher and Brandon McGee. Two FA players who wouldn't cost much, but would fill depth at LB and DT, are former Bucs and current Jaguars LB Geno Hayes and DT Roy Miller. Both will be FAs this offseason. I would sign both.

I believe if the Bucs were able to acquire another 2nd round pick, it would be huge for the slight rebuild with this roster. And to do this I would look into trading Doug Martin,who has one foot out of the door. Bobby Rainey has played much better than Martin, and the Bucs will soon get back RB Charles Sims(who the Bucs drafted in round 3 of 2014 draft) for the final 6-7 games for the season. So Martin looks like the odd man out.
I would call up the Dolphins, they signed Knowshon Moreno to a 1 yr deal, he's often injured and approaching his 30s. He won't be back with the Dolphins next season, the Dolphins need someone to pair with Lamar Miller, most mocks have them going with a CB in round 1 and a RB in round 2. I would offer Doug Martin and the Bucs 2015 3rd round pick #67 for the Dolphins 2015 2nd round pick #47. With that 2nd pick I would draft DE Nate Orchard.

Next in round 4 I would draft SS Sam Carter out of TCU to replace Mark Barron who was traded to the Rams last week. TCU's safeties in their defense have similar roles and responsibilities as the safeties in the Tampa 2 defense have. Use the remaining picks you have in the draft to fill depth at OG, DT, LB.

Last but not least, Lovie should fire his special teams coach. In 2 of the first 8 games of the season, the Bucs opponents blocked a Bucs FG and a Bucs punt in the same game. That's insane! Jason Licht should shell out some $$ to bring back former Bucs special teams coach Rich Bissaccia, who is currently with the Cowboys.

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers