ImageImageImageImage

Game #1 vs. Giants game thread.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,349

Re: Game #1 vs. Giants game thread. 

Post#61 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:45 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:How does Allen get a free pass for throwing 3 INTs vs the Jets and losing to Zach Wilson?

That dude basically gets Mahomes treatment only he has no rings.

If that were Dak you'd have fans calling for him to be hung in public. Like BJJ is doing in here before the game even happens :lol:

I've never been a fan of Josh Allen nor have I given that guy a free pass for anything. There are many QB's in the NFL I really like, but Allen is not one of them. I have Miami winning their division this year so I really don't understand your point or where you are going with this post. Unless your still looking for future scapegoats when Dak screws up and costs us a game.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,183

Post#62 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:02 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Dak struggles against all good teams and defenses. We've seen it his whole career to this point. What else is new? Dak doesn't have the ability, talent or brains to play a clean game when the lights shine the brightest vs. the elite. Until he does, why should any Cowboy fans believe in him?
What if Dak's numbers are more like this:

0 TD passes
2 or 3 int's
1 or 2 pick 6's
1 or 2 fumbles
0 rushing TD's
Less than 7 first downs for the game
And Jets win 16 - 6

If Dak puts up those numbers and the Cowboys lose then that is a bad game for Dak, and I don't have an issue saying it.

Now you answer my scenario, the one that you ignored, where Dallas wins and Dak does "okay" vs an Elite Defense.

Dak is not getting paid to do just o.k. anymore. He's had 8 years to develop. He's here to deliver as Jerry has stated moving forward. Its all about results now whomever they play. You even have to admit that it's finally time for Dak to start playing clean games and deliver against the best teams, best QB's and best defenses. If he can't out play and out score Zack Wilson in this game at home, why would anyone think he can beat any of the other top QB's when it comes playoff time.

I don't think you understood the question. If Dak puts up the numbers I posted, and the Cowboys -WIN- the game (results). Is that good enough for you?

I mean I already know the answer, Dak could put up 500 yards and 5 TDs this game and you'd still find a way to say he sucks, I am just wondering what your reasoning to my question is. If Dallas WINS and Dak manages the game to a victory, is that good enough for you?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#63 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:If Dak puts up those numbers and the Cowboys lose then that is a bad game for Dak, and I don't have an issue saying it.

Now you answer my scenario, the one that you ignored, where Dallas wins and Dak does "okay" vs an Elite Defense.

Dak is not getting paid to do just o.k. anymore. He's had 8 years to develop. He's here to deliver as Jerry has stated moving forward. Its all about results now whomever they play. You even have to admit that it's finally time for Dak to start playing clean games and deliver against the best teams, best QB's and best defenses. If he can't out play and out score Zack Wilson in this game at home, why would anyone think he can beat any of the other top QB's when it comes playoff time.

I don't think you understood the question. If Dak puts up the numbers I posted, and the Cowboys -WIN- the game (results). Is that good enough for you?

I mean I already know the answer, Dak could put up 500 yards and 5 TDs this game and you'd still find a way to say he sucks, I am just wondering what your reasoning to my question is. If Dallas WINS and Dak manages the game to a victory, is that good enough for you?

Depends on whether the defense and special teams has to carry his ass again this weekend.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,138

Post#64 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:52 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:If he hits a TE in the chest and the TE drops it then it's not "scapegoat" sorry :lol:

You can excuse Mahome's INT that bounces off Tony's chest but when it happens to Dak it's on Dak. And that is because you are a weird variant Cowboys fan who hates the Cowboys and roots for Dak to fail.

Mahomes has 2 SB wins so he’s going to get the benefit of the doubt. Dak doesn’t have that luxury.

What? If a receiver drops the ball is on the receiver. No matter who passes it.

You blame Dak for the Hendershot drop?

The QB is always going to get the blame just like he will always get the credit. Fair or not that’s the way it is. If that QB also has 2 SB wins he’s going to get a pass for stuff like that when a QB with far less playoff success isn’t going to get. Again, fair or not that’s the way it is.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#65 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:03 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:If he hits a TE in the chest and the TE drops it then it's not "scapegoat" sorry :lol:

You can excuse Mahome's INT that bounces off Tony's chest but when it happens to Dak it's on Dak. And that is because you are a weird variant Cowboys fan who hates the Cowboys and roots for Dak to fail.

Mahomes has 2 SB wins so he’s going to get the benefit of the doubt. Dak doesn’t have that luxury.

Kind of reminds me of something Bill Parcels told a safety that played here during his tenure (can’t remember his name but I’m sure one of you will). This player had multiple off field incidents including being shot twice. One time he was driving down Hwy 635 in Dallas late at night and got shot in a road rage incident. The second time he was picking up his gf from work at a local strip club and someone shot him in the parking lot. Neither incident was “his fault” but both times caused him to miss several games. Bill Parcells comment about these incidents was “it’s never your fault but you’re always there when something bad happens.”

Technically those drops are not Dak’s fault. Dak always seems to be in these situations. Is he doing something? Could he have thrown the ball to someone else? Is he throwing the ball too hard?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#66 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:06 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:How does Allen get a free pass for throwing 3 INTs vs the Jets and losing to Zach Wilson?

That dude basically gets Mahomes treatment only he has no rings.

If that were Dak you'd have fans calling for him to be hung in public. Like BJJ is doing in here before the game even happens :lol:

This one I don’t get. Allen is basically the same QB as Dak. The only reason he seems to get a pass is because of his age and where he was drafted. Other than that they are the same guy.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,183

Post#67 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:44 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Mahomes has 2 SB wins so he’s going to get the benefit of the doubt. Dak doesn’t have that luxury.

The QB is always going to get the blame just like he will always get the credit. Fair or not that’s the way it is. If that QB also has 2 SB wins he’s going to get a pass for stuff like that when a QB with far less playoff success isn’t going to get. Again, fair or not that’s the way it is.

It's not reality, and the fans who reduce this game to a simple tennis match between 2 QBs are the fans who don't actually understand the game. Football is as complex as it gets.

I think that what you're saying isn't quite mass perception though because right now I see media and fans crowning Tua and Tua has ZERO playoff wins. Allen and Burrow get elite labels without winning a ring. Herbert to some degree. And the Cowboys just blanked the Giants 40-0 with the offense putting up 28 and not many credit Dak.

IMO QBs get way too much blame and credit but the way its dished out isn't necessarily about past success. More so what's trending now, what's hot now, whats new. And Dallas QBs ALWAYS get too much of it. Happened with Romo, it's happening with Dak. There is bias against Dallas because everyone hates the Cowboys and that bias seeps into our own fan base a little.

Although the only person I see saying Dak played poorly against NY is BJJ who is an extreme example Dak hater.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#68 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:42 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Sorry. There were a couple drops but Dak still didn't look sharp. He didn't have to last game but will have to this week. There were some throws Dak tried to throw in tight windows, when he didn't have to. And to be honest, the whole offense didn't look sharp to me and the weather may have been a factor a bit. O-line will have to be much better this week as well.

See, this is what Micah does when you don't give his boy Dak a weekly tongue bath to his liking. I post Dak and the offense didn't look sharp last week and by the next page he mis quotes me to other posters in here and says "BJJ Is the only Cowboy fan that said Dak played poorly last week". Not being sharp and playing poorly must mean the same thing in the book of Micah. :crazy: :wavefinger:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#69 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:53 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:What? If a receiver drops the ball is on the receiver. No matter who passes it.

It's not reality, and the fans who reduce this game to a simple tennis match between 2 QBs are the fans who don't actually understand the game. Football is as complex as it gets.

I think that what you're saying isn't quite mass perception though because right now I see media and fans crowning Tua and Tua has ZERO playoff wins. Allen and Burrow get elite labels without winning a ring. Herbert to some degree. And the Cowboys just blanked the Giants 40-0 with the offense putting up 28 and not many credit Dak.

IMO QBs get way too much blame and credit but the way its dished out isn't necessarily about past success. More so what's trending now, what's hot now, whats new. And Dallas QBs ALWAYS get too much of it. Happened with Romo, it's happening with Dak. There is bias against Dallas because everyone hates the Cowboys and that bias seeps into our own fan base a little.

Although the only person I see saying Dak played poorly against NY is BJJ who is an extreme example Dak hater.

You seem to have a hard time with reading comprehension. Not being sharp and playing poorly contrast in meaning. You Texas Republicans love to take things out of context to fit your agendas.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#70 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:55 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:What? If a receiver drops the ball is on the receiver. No matter who passes it.

I would say someone trying to compare Dak to Mahomes really doesn’t know the game.

As far the reason Dak didn’t get a lot of credit for the 40-0 win us because he didn’t play that great. The defense is why the Cowboys won that game. I will credit Dak for not turning the ball over though.

Return to Dallas Cowboys