2024 Cowboys Draft

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,476

Re: 2024 Cowboys Draft 

Post#241 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:If you guys draft 2 O-Lineman in this draft coming up, I predict you guys will win the NFC West this year. :wizard:

The Hawks & Cowboys are projected to have two of the worst OL's this season. Our Tackle situation is a little better than the projection. But it wouldn't shock me if this holds up.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#242 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:36 pm

At the minimum, Cowboys are down 2 OL and an RB on offense. And that's not addressing the defense. We also need 2LB's and a DT. But in reality, we only have 3 picks in the top 175 with at least 6 positions to fill.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,053

Post#243 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:At the minimum, Cowboys are down 2 OL and an RB on offense. And that's not addressing the defense. We also need 2LB's and a DT. But in reality, we only have 3 picks in the top 175 with at least 6 positions to fill.

I know you have to be excited that your boy is likely coming back to the Cowboys!

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#244 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:42 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:At the minimum, Cowboys are down 2 OL and an RB on offense. And that's not addressing the defense. We also need 2LB's and a DT. But in reality, we only have 3 picks in the top 175 with at least 6 positions to fill.

I know you have to be excited that your boy is likely coming back to the Cowboys!

Makes me sick to my stomach just on the thought of that molly junkie coming back here. Onward through the Cowboy culture fog.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#245 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:24 am

Who do you think they end up drafting?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#246 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:56 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Who do you think they end up drafting?

Does it really mater at this point? :thinking: As long as Dak and McCarthy are still here it really doesn't matter till there gone. I guess it depends on what direction they take. They need to make up their mind first. Best player available or position of need. Either way works for me I guess because I have no expectations at all from the Cowboys. Personally I would love to have them tank and get high draft choices and better position in next year's draft. We have a boat load of comp picks next year as well.
If its me, I go O-line with first pick and then go defense with remaining picks. Defense needs more help and Dak has had so much help since his rookie year, I'm not willing to give him anymore. Doesn't matter what you put around Dak, he just sucks. I'm hoping Dak gets hurt early and we can go with Trey Lance this year. I also want a very slow start so McCarthy gets fired by week 8.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#247 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:09 pm

I mean - they almost HAVE to take an O-Lineman don’t they? And if the crickets are correct that Powers-Johnson is there, it just seems like that’s the guy.

Things change though… so I guess we wait and see.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#248 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:01 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

I mean - they almost HAVE to take an O-Lineman don’t they? And if the crickets are correct that Powers-Johnson is there, it just seems like that’s the guy.

Yea I’ve seen JPJ dropping on a lot of boards. If he’s there they do kind of have to take him. They REALLY need a LT though and if Mims is there I feel like he might be the guy too.

The thing that would really drive me nuts is if they take a WR with that first pick.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#249 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Yea I’ve seen JPJ dropping on a lot of boards. If he’s there they do kind of have to take him. They REALLY need a LT though and if Mims is there I feel like he might be the guy too.

The thing that would really drive me nuts is if they take a WR with that first pick.

IMO - anyone not OL would drive me a little bonkers. It is the crying need right now. Arguments can be made for DL & LB but gaping holes up front are an issue for any team in the NFL.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#250 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:09 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

As much as I like Powers-Johnson and wouldn't mind at all if we took him, I still would much rather have Graham Barton if he is there. Love both just to let you know. I'm not high on Mims. O-lineman should be the obvious choice here but Jerry has more than surprised us before when it comes to the draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#251 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:16 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Matthew Stafford is 11-72 vs winning teams wow

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/dak-prescott-total-record-against-winning-teams-in-nfl.523358/

Compare how many SB wins he has to how many SB wins Dak has, I’ll wait…

Yeah Stafford had to get on the right TEAM before he could win a SB. Obviously Stafford wasn't the issue in Detroit.

Same is true for Dak, who is infinitely more successful than Stafford was in Detroit.

Imagine had Denver given up on Elway. They didn't. They kept going until he finally had the right TEAM around him. He was like 100 years old.

They kept going with Elway because he got the Broncos to 3 Super bowls pretty much all on his won even though they lost all 3. Dak can't get by the divisional round in 9 years or even win a home playoff game. You can't put Elway and Dak in the same breathe. Dak has had top O-lines than Elway, Dak has had much better weapons than Elway. Only advantage Elway ever had over Dak was a much better coach.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#252 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Does it really mater at this point? :thinking: As long as Dak and McCarthy are still here it really doesn't matter till there gone. I guess it depends on what direction they take. They need to make up their mind first. Best player available or position of need. Either way works for me I guess because I have no expectations at all from the Cowboys. Personally I would love to have them tank and get high draft choices and better position in next year's draft. We have a boat load of comp picks next year as well.
If its me, I go O-line with first pick and then go defense with remaining picks. Defense needs more help and Dak has had so much help since his rookie year, I'm not willing to give him anymore. Doesn't matter what you put around Dak, he just sucks. I'm hoping Dak gets hurt early and we can go with Trey Lance this year. I also want a very slow start so McCarthy gets fired by week 8.

Jerry should hire Carroll. :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#253 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:27 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

The word is the JPJ has a medical RedFlag. If so, he's going to fall. The rumor is that he's viewed as a 2nd rounder by teams.

Mims isn't getting out of the top 20.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#254 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Jerry sure has done a lot of talking for a person that has done absolutely nothing. Here we go, all in. :clown: :giveup:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#255 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:08 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Burnett? She would be an upgrade at HC that’s for sure.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#256 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:11 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

The word is the JPJ has a medical RedFlag. If so, he's going to fall. The rumor is that he's viewed as a 2nd rounder by teams.

Mims isn't getting out of the top 20.

That’s where he was viewed prior to the combine too. Based on how he performed this year at Oregon and how he performed at the Senior Bowl I wouldn’t worry about his medicals. Also Travis Fredrick was also considered a 2nd or 3rd round pick before the Cowboys drafted him in the 1st. I remember Fredrick saying that he didn’t even watch the 1st round of the draft and went fishing with his dad instead because he knew he wasn’t going to be drafted anyways (not in the 1st round).
Mr B
RealGM

Post#257 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Does it really mater at this point? :thinking: As long as Dak and McCarthy are still here it really doesn't matter till there gone. I guess it depends on what direction they take. They need to make up their mind first. Best player available or position of need. Either way works for me I guess because I have no expectations at all from the Cowboys. Personally I would love to have them tank and get high draft choices and better position in next year's draft. We have a boat load of comp picks next year as well.

Jerry sure has done a lot of talking for a person that has done absolutely nothing. Here we go, all in. :clown: :giveup:

When he said “All in” maybe he meant his foot in his mouth.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#258 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:22 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Does it really mater at this point? :thinking: As long as Dak and McCarthy are still here it really doesn't matter till there gone. I guess it depends on what direction they take. They need to make up their mind first. Best player available or position of need. Either way works for me I guess because I have no expectations at all from the Cowboys. Personally I would love to have them tank and get high draft choices and better position in next year's draft. We have a boat load of comp picks next year as well.

Burnett? She would be an upgrade at HC that’s for sure.

Pete was on UW's campus yesterday. Jerry should give him a call!! :wink:

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#259 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:45 pm

Cowboys are such a mess on so many levels, does it really matter what approach or who we draft this year? I've come to the conclusion if Dak would just waive his no trade clause, I would trade him, Lamb and Parsons on or before the draft and start the rebuild now. I don't see how paying Lamb and Parsons the money they are asking at this point is best for the franchise moving forward. Lamb wants Tyreek Hill money and Parsons wants Chris Jones money. A lot of money for two players that really haven't done a damn thing or show up in the playoffs. Feels like to me Parsons is more interested in selling his brand rather than making winning a priority. I do not like where his head is at all. It bugs the hell out of me that he is acting so entitled and reaping the benefits of the star and being a Cowboy without accomplishing anything.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#260 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:43 pm

Can't help but wonder what is going on behind closed doors lately. Keep seeing these trade rumors and sleeper moves that involve Dak/Cowboys and the Raiders. Dak was extremely squirmish and uncomfortable in his last press conference. My feeling is he just realized he doesn't have the leverage he once had. Something is up.

Return to Dallas Cowboys