2024 Cowboys Draft

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,482

Re: 2024 Cowboys Draft 

Post#261 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:19 am

Any predictions from the group? Since it's DraftMas Eve.

I've got the Hawks taking Jared Verse.

I could see the Cowboys trading back.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#262 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:28 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Any predictions from the group? Since it's DraftMas Eve.

I'm hoping some of these rumors regarding a block buster trade with Dak are true and not a smoke screen. If the Cowboys can pull off a trade with Dak and we get some picks out of it, I just may get my juice back regarding this franchise. If what if Jerry said they are all in with what they have and bring back both Dak and McCarthy, I'm totally out. I don't want to pay a piece of crap like Dak 60 mill a year. He's just not worth it and 2 playoff wins in 8 years doesn't come close to acceptable. I said it 3 years ago and I'm still saying it today, DAK IS NOT THE GUY. Trading and or getting rid of Dak tonight would be the best gift or early Xmas gift I could ever receive !!! :party:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#263 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 pm

If they move back… I would think Suamataia is the target. Don’t think Mims or JPJ are there at 24 and honestly would be cool with me. Hope they take Frazier. I’ve missed Frederick and he appears to be a Frederick clone.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#264 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:48 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

If they move back… I would think Suamataia is the target. Don’t think Mims or JPJ are there at 24 and honestly would be cool with me. Hope they take Frazier. I’ve missed Frederick and he appears to be a Frederick clone.

Mims is pretty much a lock to go top 20. He's not getting by the Steelers. Barton could go earlier than expected. I'd be surprised if he made it to you guys.

JPJ should still be available but the word is that teams view him more as a 2nd rounder. Same with Frazier.

I'm not a fan of Guyton. But there's a good chance he's there. Along with the BYU Tackle.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,065

Post#265 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:09 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Mims is pretty much a lock to go top 20. He's not getting by the Steelers. Barton could go earlier than expected. I'd be surprised if he made it to you guys.

JPJ should still be available but the word is that teams view him more as a 2nd rounder. Same with Frazier.

I'm not a fan of Guyton. But there's a good chance he's there. Along with the BYU Tackle.

I could see the Cowboys trading back into the 2nd round for JPJ, Frazier, Tyler Guyton, or Jordan Morgan. I would be surprised if the Cowboys are involved in any trades to move up.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,160

Post#266 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:23 pm

I think they had a great 1st round. A CB fell to them that they didn't need, and instead of just letting him fall further they took advantage and got another 3rd round pick.

Then they took Guyton who could have been their pick at 24 anyway for all we know.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#267 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:53 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I think they had a great 1st round. A CB fell to them that they didn't need, and instead of just letting him fall further they took advantage and got another 3rd round pick.

Then they took Guyton who could have been their pick at 24 anyway for all we know.

And the extra 3rd gives them bandwidth to fill needs without reaching. Would love for Frazier to be there at 56 but I doubt that happens.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#268 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=fE7c4xXMMcvgoYk5ZLzmaA&s=19

The pool of athletes is crazy now imo. I bet this guy would have been taken in the first two rounds if this was the 1980s.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#269 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:47 pm

I personally really liked their draft. They addressed every need except RB and got value at most of their picks. They got younger on the OL and drafted the eventual replacement for Lawrence, although this year he’s technically replacing Dorrance Armstrong.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#270 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#271 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:32 pm

Mr B wrote:I personally really liked their draft. They addressed every need except RB and got value at most of their picks. They got younger on the OL and drafted the eventual replacement for Lawrence, although this year he’s technically replacing Dorrance Armstrong.

I agree and you didn't even mention plucking an extra 3rd rounder.

Now to get Belichick in here because drafting has never been this teams issue.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#272 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:18 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:I personally really liked their draft. They addressed every need except RB and got value at most of their picks. They got younger on the OL and drafted the eventual replacement for Lawrence, although this year he’s technically replacing Dorrance Armstrong.

I agree and you didn't even mention plucking an extra 3rd rounder.

Now to get Belichick in here because drafting has never been this teams issue.

That’s absolutely what’s going to happen. Then they go into the next draft looking for a QB (if Lance doesn’t work out), a RB, and another LB. With the RB value continuing to decrease they could possibly get TreVeyon Henderson out of Ohio St in the 2nd round.

Belichick’s **** attitude has put off most teams. Dallas may be one of the few teams actually interested in him. He does have to deal with the Jones’ but with a new start with a new QB I’d actually be pretty optimistic.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#273 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:48 pm

In case anyone wants to see it. Here is the list of the Cowboys draft picks.

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM

Post#274 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:07 pm

Here is some video of Marshawn Kneeland at the Senior Bowl. That first guy he’s pushing into the QB’s lap is Jordan Morgan who was drafted by Green Bay.

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM

Post#275 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:17 pm

Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#276 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:58 pm

I didn't like the Kneeland at first. It was my least favorite pick. Because we have Parsons and DLaw and then used a 2nd on Sam Williams after that. I just felt like we have way more pressing needs than edge.

I think I'm starting to come around on him a little. I am definitely not expecting anything from him this coming season, it would be the following season when DLaw is gone where we see him get real playing time.

He's solid edge depth and it is a "practical" pick I suppose. If he was their BPA then good pick up.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#277 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:34 pm

You guys will like Kneeland. He was on my radar for the Hawks.

The Khalil Mack comparison is a little over the top. But he's a good player who didn't get much recognition because he played at a smaller school. He's a guy you can move up & down the line. It's a good pick.

Cooper Beebe is the perfect fit for them as well. He's going to be a pretty good G/C.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#278 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:41 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I didn't like the Kneeland at first. It was my least favorite pick. Because we have Parsons and DLaw and then used a 2nd on Sam Williams after that. I just felt like we have way more pressing needs than edge.

I think I'm starting to come around on him a little. I am definitely not expecting anything from him this coming season, it would be the following season when DLaw is gone where we see him get real playing time.

He's solid edge depth and it is a "practical" pick I suppose. If he was their BPA then good pick up.

From my understanding he was their BPA. Most of the negative responses to the pick I’ve seen is that they passed on Trey Benson to take a DE. About half of the experts had Kneeland rated as a late 1st round pick. Almost everyone had Trey Benson rated as a 3rd round pick. Elite DE prospects are just more valuable than elite RB prospects.

As for how he fits long term, as you said DLaw’s contract is up after this season and by all indications it appears they’re going to let him walk. Physically Kneeland is a DLaw clone. Also we can’t depend on Sam Williams. He proved last season that he could be prone to being an idiot off the field. Also adding Kneeland actually allows Parsons to play a little more LB in Zimmer’s system.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#279 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:You guys will like Kneeland. He was on my radar for the Hawks.

The Khalil Mack comparison is a little over the top. But he's a good player who didn't get much recognition because he played at a smaller school. He's a guy you can move up & down the line. It's a good pick.

Cooper Beebe is the perfect fit for them as well. He's going to be a pretty good G/C.

That’s how I feel about Byron Murphy II with Seattle. Seems like a perfect fit. Also Pittsburgh getting Troy Fautanu, and Zach Frazier. The Steelers are going to beat up a lot of teams this year.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#280 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:57 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You guys will like Kneeland. He was on my radar for the Hawks.

That’s how I feel about Byron Murphy II with Seattle. Seems like a perfect fit. Also Pittsburgh getting Troy Fautanu, and Zach Frazier. The Steelers are going to beat up a lot of teams this year.

Murphy falling to them was perfect. Mike Macdonald got his Justin Madubuike clone. They also got really lucky that Christian Haynes fell to them. They badly needed a Guard.

Pittsburgh had the best draft imo. They fixed their O-line. Roman Wilson could be a Hines Ward type for them. Perfect all around.

Return to Dallas Cowboys