ImageImageImageImage

Right tackle issues

Moderator: Texas Chuck

jackwindham
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Right tackle issues 

Post#1 » by jackwindham » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:35 am

As many keen observers are already aware of, the Dallas Cowboys significantly improved their record after putting more focus into building the offensive line, which was dominant in some games. A change might be needed soon, however, on the right side, as tackles Jeremy Parnell and Doug Free are both set to become free agents. The front office would love to bring at least one of them back, but they have acknowledged the possibility of having to integrate a completely new person at the pivotal position.

What do you think they should do?
Jarntt
Senior
And1: 37

Re: Right tackle issues 

Post#2 » by Jarntt » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:23 am

Its a cap world. IMO Sign Parnell. Won't cost much and proved he could do the job. Would Still need to sign or draft a swing Tackle unless Weems or someone else takes a step forward
PDay8810
Junior
And1: 22

Post#3 » by PDay8810 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:41 pm

keep reading Free is this groups leader and how close they have become as a group.

I think you have to have 3 tackles that can play, so I'd lean towards Free if he will take fair market value to stay in Dallas. I haven't seen Parnell do much other than an occasional maul job in the run game when he gets on his guy
Jarntt
Senior

Post#4 » by Jarntt » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:18 pm

I was laughing (and glad) when I saw your name back at the Hoop. How did that happen? Someone reach out to you?
PDay8810
Junior

Post#5 » by PDay8810 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Jarntt wrote:I was laughing (and glad) when I saw your name back at the Hoop. How did that happen? Someone reach out to you?

kinda crazy....I sent an email a few weeks back asking them to review how I got banned and tell me the difference from what I'm reading on the general board....then yesterday outta the blue, I tried to log on and I was in with a PM from Ford welcoming me back.

Guess I was just banned for the cowboy football season
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#6 » by Manster7588 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:02 pm

PDay8810 wrote:
Jarntt wrote:I was laughing (and glad) when I saw your name back at the Hoop. How did that happen? Someone reach out to you?

kinda crazy....I sent an email a few weeks back asking them to review how I got banned and tell me the difference from what I'm reading on the general board....then yesterday outta the blue, I tried to log on and I was in with a PM from Ford welcoming me back.

I highly encourage you avoid a few people or you'll be on the outs again.

I have a feeling many won't return here next season, I have doubts I will. If our board talksx end I hope all of you well and that we Cowboy fans get to enjoy another Cowboy SB or two soon.
Jarntt
Senior

Post#7 » by Jarntt » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:05 pm

Just keep checking. Still more threads here than Hoopla. But, yes, I thought from the beginning the odds of this board lasting were slim. you need a lot of posters to keep a board going. Still a lot of Cowboy boards around and I think we have spoken of a few of them so we'll likely cross paths one place or another. The idea of multiple boards is starting to be more appealing to me anyway.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#8 » by Manster7588 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:46 pm

I barely have time for one board. Watching some of you manage two or more is a little impressive to me. When I said I think some won't return I had myself in mind. Maybe I'm aging myself out, but it's just not the same to me. I'm not getting the same enjoyment out of it.
PDay8810
Junior

Post#9 » by PDay8810 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:12 am

no question manster....treed lightly
Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Post#10 » by Schmoopy1000 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:05 am

PDay8810 wrote:

your allowed PMs?
Manster7588
Senior

Post#11 » by Manster7588 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:38 am

Just for giggles, I logged on. I still get this:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Goodbye, Manster.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Manster7588
Senior

Post#12 » by Manster7588 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:47 am

This message is also there for me.
Hi, Manster7588. It appears that you haven't posted on our forums in quite awhile. Is your team really that bad?! Come on and throw your two-cents in too!"

I'd like to know how I can give my two cents worth when their thin skins couldn't take it in the first place.
Manster7588
Senior

Post#13 » by Manster7588 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:00 am

Hmmm. I wonder if my on file email address has me banned forever. After I was banned I tried to delete my account. It cannot be deleted by the user, so I changed my email to eatsh*t@cox.net.

I cannot even get to that part of my profile to change it back.
Cowboycolors
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#14 » by Cowboycolors » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:53 pm

I am just 2 busy now to post much but I try to get a couple a week at least. Business picked back up and I'm out of the office constantly. Got back on at the Hoop by sending a message to Hammer. Explained my side of the banning and like Pday I just tried to log on and it went through. Don't post much on Boys board but the main board and a few on the Redskins. To be honest I kinda miss the mouse before all the fighting at the end. I will be avoiding several posters at the Hoop like the plague.

Its been a great run still have the urge to post just not the time as much. oh and on the Op's message Sign Free or Parnell and draft a new swing tackle just like graduating your seniors in college you have to get in new blood every year. Just make sure they can play that's the hard part.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,302

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:28 am

I can't go back to the hoop, nor would I, so I guess my forum posting days have just about come to an end. Too bad to, I have a lot of extra Craig Morton photo's I wanted to send Pday, lol.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#16 » by Schmoopy1000 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:16 pm

why stop posting here?
PDay8810
Junior

Post#17 » by PDay8810 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Id like to keep posting here.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,302

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:23 am

Just seems like most of you have moved back to the hoop or other forums. I'd like to keep posting and staying in touch. Just doesn't seem as engaging or welcoming for me here, but some of it is and was my own fault. It just feels like I am still paying the price for standing up to a bully even though I was totally unaware of the back door politics of the mods at the time. I'm banned for ever forever and never go back to join you guys there. Fordman is a yes man pussy with no balls, sorry. We all know who ruined it over there.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#19 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:54 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Just seems like most of you have moved back to the hoop or other forums. I'd like to keep posting and staying in touch. Just doesn't seem as engaging or welcoming for me here, but some of it is and was my own fault. It just feels like I am still paying the price for standing up to a bully even though I was totally unaware of the back door politics of the mods at the time. I'm banned for ever forever and never go back to join you guys there. Fordman is a yes man pussy with no balls, sorry. We all know who ruined it over there.

well I am only allowed to reply to post on the hoop. Not allowed PMs or start a thread or even participate in polls. Basically only allowed to reply to others threads. So I do so on the hoop but in other venues. I don't even open threads on their cowboys board. I talk cowboys stuff here or another site but wont visit the hoops cowboys section. I find it ironic I got turned into the red headed step child for keeping it honest on the current events that happened when P-day got banned. never broke any of their rules. (I think)
Yet a bunch of us were banned or put into how I am now for speaking the truth on the current events when those that helped or wanted P-day banned, talked a bunch of BS after he was gone & he couldn't refute their bull$h!t. Now P-day is excepted back while everyone else isn't LOL

So I wont be participating in that cowboys board at all.
Which is why I will be posting cowboys stuff here or on the other sites I was frequenting when it comes to cowboys stuff. don't know why anyone else is deciding to leave, but so be it.
So technically I guess I never left the hoop. Just left the cowboys board. Still don't know why people are deciding not to post here about the cowboys, if they were already doing so here?
PDay8810
Junior

Post#20 » by PDay8810 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:47 pm

I also can't PM, start a thread or participate in polls.

My email to the hoop just asked for a review based on what I was reading in the general forum with regards to insults.
two weeks later for grins I tried to log on and presto. I know I'm a marked man and it's just a matter of time

Return to Dallas Cowboys