ImageImageImageImage

Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Re: Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs! 

Post#101 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:08 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I'm going in on Dak haters all week he just had the greatest playoff game in Cowboys history. But you know who else deserves props that's hated on even more than Dak?

Mike McCarthy.

This team was PREPARED and they went in with an absolutely flawless game plan. The defense had Brady completely flustered, they couldn't run the ball either, and on offense they came in with a fresh set plays that caught TB off guard. McCarthy deserves a nod for this one and if they remain this focused for the 49ers I think we have a chance.

Going with the old school logo... always a plus.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#102 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:11 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I'm going in on Dak haters all week he just had the greatest playoff game in Cowboys history. But you know who else deserves props that's hated on even more than Dak?

Mike McCarthy.

This team was PREPARED and they went in with an absolutely flawless game plan. The defense had Brady completely flustered, they couldn't run the ball either, and on offense they came in with a fresh set plays that caught TB off guard. McCarthy deserves a nod for this one and if they remain this focused for the 49ers I think we have a chance.

Dak deserves props. This was probably the best game he’s ever played, definitely the best playoff game he’s ever played. He needs to do it again next week though. This game does not absolve him of his past transgressions. His legacy is still on the line. I will say though that he’s given himself a chance to separate himself from Romo and put himself in the upper echelon of Cowboys QB’s. Lose next week though and the haters will back in full force.

As for McCarthy, he also did well in having the team ready to play (as did Kellen Moore). The one knock on MM in this game though is he kept allowing Maher to kick extra points. After the 2nd miss he should have just gone for 2. Dak Prescott agrees with me based on his reaction on the sideline.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,201

Post#103 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:30 pm

Mr B wrote:

Mike McCarthy.

Dak deserves props. This was probably the best game he’s ever played, definitely the best playoff game he’s ever played. He needs to do it again next week though. This game does not absolve him of his past transgressions. His legacy is still on the line. I will say though that he’s given himself a chance to separate himself from Romo and put himself in the upper echelon of Cowboys QB’s. Lose next week though and the haters will back in full force.

As for McCarthy, he also did well in having the team ready to play (as did Kellen Moore). The one knock on MM in this game though is he kept allowing Maher to kick extra points. After the 2nd miss he should have just gone for 2. Dak Prescott agrees with me based on his reaction on the sideline.

It's the best playoff game that any Dallas QB has ever played. I scoured them all. The closet thing is Aikman in 92 Super Bowl vs the BIlls.

Aikman - 22/30, 273 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 140.7 rating, 3 rushing attempts for 28 yards, 0 TD
Prescott - 25/33, 305 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 143.4 rating, 7 rushing attempts for 24 yards, 1 TD

We just witnessed the best performance a Dallas QB has ever had in the post season.

Not only that, but against a formidable defense too. Top-10 in both yards and points allowed. Everyone is talking about how bad Tampa Bay is, but that defense is legit. And Dak performed on them.

I'll cut you a little slack though, you are more reasonable than BJJ. Where is BJJ? Did Dak force him into retirement like Brady? :lol: I bet he was absolutely furious last night.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,510

Post#104 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:38 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Where is BJJ? Did Dak force him into retirement like Brady? :lol: I bet he was absolutely furious last night.

He logged in this morning. So he likely has read through the comments.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#105 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Where's Bluejerseyjinx???

Went to the Sports Arena with the boys last night ! What a time ! :thumbsup: :rocking: :party:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#106 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:06 pm

My biggest take away from last night's game, no turnovers and only 2 penalties. Amazing how much better everyone looks and plays when you take care of the ball and don't play stupid doing stupid things.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#107 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:09 pm

Only two things I have to complain about. The missed extra points and Mike McCarthy might have saved his job. Otherwise, A+ for everyone including Dumb Dak. Thought the O-line was outstanding in this game. Some might say, dominate. Pass protection was unbelievable.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#108 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:12 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Where is BJJ? Did Dak force him into retirement like Brady? :lol: I bet he was absolutely furious last night.

I started to but we had bad weather yesterday and last night. The plow man showed up so I had to put my reading aside for a while. Right now all I can say is, "How bout Them Cowboys". :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#109 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:44 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I started to but we had bad weather yesterday and last night. the plow man showed up so I had to put my reading aside for a while. Right now all I can say is, "How bout Them Cowboys". :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

That's strange, going into this game you said that everyone on the team was garbage except for Parsons and Pollard. Especially Dak. I guess we are supposed to pretend you didn't belittle the entire franchise? You'll just jump right back on the bandwagon because that is what bandwagon fans do. They abandon their team during the hard times, and only wear their jersey proud during the good times. That's also known as being a FRAUD.

Don't worry, I'll be here to remind you that you are a bandwagoner. Can't let you forget.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#110 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:51 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:He logged in this morning. So he likely has read through the comments.

I started to but we had bad weather yesterday and last night. the plow man showed up so I had to put my reading aside for a while. Right now all I can say is, "How bout Them Cowboys". :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

That's strange, going into this game you said that everyone on the team was garbage except for Parsons and Pollard. Especially Dak. I guess we are supposed to pretend you didn't belittle the entire franchise? You'll just jump right back on the bandwagon because that is what bandwagon fans do. They abandon their team during the hard times, and only wear their jersey proud during the good times. That's also known as being a FRAUD.

Don't worry, I'll be here to remind you that you are a bandwagoner. Can't let you forget.

No. Now your putting word into my mouth. I don't hate the whole team. The only people on the team I hate is Jerry, Dak, Zeke, Kellen Moore and Mike McCarthy. You can't find a post anywhere in here stating otherwise. Those 5, that's it. Instead of just enjoying the win with everyone your just trying to create drama where there is none.
So now we are at a spot for only the 7th time in 26 years. The divisional round where we currently are 0-6 since our last Super Bowl. I'm just being reserved till we get over this last hurdle which has been haunting us for 26 years. Until we get by the next round, the curse of Jerry still exist.
And don't worry, I'll be here to remind you when the wheels come off again. Dak and the boys haven't accomplished anything yet. It will most likely be another 5 or 6 games before Dak has the same type of performance he had yesterday. I hope he does, but I'm not holding my breath. Honestly, I can't remember the last time Dak has had two clean games in a row.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#111 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I started to but we had bad weather yesterday and last night. the plow man showed up so I had to put my reading aside for a while. Right now all I can say is, "How bout Them Cowboys". :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

No. Now your putting word into my mouth. I don't hate the whole team. The only people on the team I hate is Jerry, Dak, Zeke, Kellen Moore and Mike McCarthy. You can't find a post anywhere in here stating otherwise. Those 5, that's it. Instead of just enjoying the win with everyone your just trying to create drama where there is none.
So now we are at a spot for only the 7th time in 26 years. The divisional round where we currently are 0-6 since our last Super Bowl. I'm just being reserved till we get over this last hurdle which has been haunting us for 26 years. Until we get by the next round, the curse of Jerry still exist.
And don't worry, I'll be here to remind you when the wheels come off again. Dak and the boys haven't accomplished anything yet. It will most likely be another 5 or 6 games before Dak has the same type of performance he had yesterday. I hope he does, but I'm not holding my breath. Honestly, I can't remember the last time Dak has had two clean games in a row.

Because besides today that is literally ALL you do. Whine, complain, talk about how horrid this team is. How Dak is "dumb" and isn't the guy. You're basically an Eagle fan in disguise. You want me to just forget about all that and enjoy it? No fing way :lol:

You are a fraud, and phony, a miserable bandwagoner, and the worst type of fan imaginable. You are the blueprint of what a fan should not be. If San Fran wins next week you'll be celebrating while pointing fingers and going right back to be what you are. Telling everyone "I told you they suck". And you can have that moment, but I'm not going to let you have this one. This one is for the real fans. The fans that have supported through it all, and that isn't you.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#112 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:09 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Mike McCarthy.

It's the best playoff game that any Dallas QB has ever played. I scoured them all. The closet thing is Aikman in 92 Super Bowl vs the BIlls.

Aikman - 22/30, 273 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 140.7 rating, 3 rushing attempts for 28 yards, 0 TD
Prescott - 25/33, 305 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 143.4 rating, 7 rushing attempts for 24 yards, 1 TD

We just witnessed the best performance a Dallas QB has ever had in the post season.

Not only that, but against a formidable defense too. Top-10 in both yards and points allowed. Everyone is talking about how bad Tampa Bay is, but that defense is legit. And Dak performed on them.

I'll cut you a little slack though, you are more reasonable than BJJ. Where is BJJ? Did Dak force him into retirement like Brady? :lol: I bet he was absolutely furious last night.

Statistically it was the greatest performance n a playoff game. As far as impact though I’d say that last road playoff game the Cowboys won was the greatest playoff game in Cowboys history ‘92 season (game actually played in ‘93) on the road against the Niners. To quote Jimmy Johnson the night before the game, “You can put it in 3 inch bold headlines, WE WILL WIN THE BALL GAME!”. And they did. Went into Candlestick and kick the crap out of the Niners (the favorites to win) on their own field. Troy didn’t put up the numbers that Dak did but that win put them in the SB. THAT was the greatest game I have ever seen the Cowboys play. Last night was great but it was in the Wild Card round. The current Cowboys team needs to do what they did last night 3 more times.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#113 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:25 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Dak deserves props. This was probably the best game he’s ever played, definitely the best playoff game he’s ever played. He needs to do it again next week though. This game does not absolve him of his past transgressions. His legacy is still on the line. I will say though that he’s given himself a chance to separate himself from Romo and put himself in the upper echelon of Cowboys QB’s. Lose next week though and the haters will back in full force.

Statistically it was the greatest performance n a playoff game. As far as impact though I’d say that last road playoff game the Cowboys won was the greatest playoff game in Cowboys history ‘92 season (game actually played in ‘93) on the road against the Niners. To quote Jimmy Johnson the night before the game, “You can put it in 3 inch bold headlines, WE WILL WIN THE BALL GAME!”. And they did. Went into Candlestick and kick the crap out of the Niners (the favorites to win) on their own field. Troy didn’t put up the numbers that Dak did but that win put them in the SB. THAT was the greatest game I have ever seen the Cowboys play. Last night was great but it was in the Wild Card round. The current Cowboys team needs to do what they did last night 3 more times.

That was a huge win yes and much more impactful than this one. I was speaking statistically and only from the QB position. Dak had an absolute monster last night. And I think the fact that he was able to do that against a "good" defense can at least give us hope for the 49ers game. He did against the Eagles too who have an elite D. The team as a whole still has a long way to go before we can crown them, but I think Dak's dominance last night should throw out the ridiculous notion that no team can win a ring with him.

The 49ers have the best defense in the NFL and it is already a given that Dak won't be able to replicate what he just did against them. And if the 49ers win it will likely be because of their defense and not because Purdy is that much superior to Dak.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#114 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:43 pm

Mr B wrote:Statistically it was the greatest performance n a playoff game. As far as impact though I’d say that last road playoff game the Cowboys won was the greatest playoff game in Cowboys history ‘92 season (game actually played in ‘93) on the road against the Niners. To quote Jimmy Johnson the night before the game, “You can put it in 3 inch bold headlines, WE WILL WIN THE BALL GAME!”. And they did. Went into Candlestick and kick the crap out of the Niners (the favorites to win) on their own field. Troy didn’t put up the numbers that Dak did but that win put them in the SB. THAT was the greatest game I have ever seen the Cowboys play. Last night was great but it was in the Wild Card round. The current Cowboys team needs to do what they did last night 3 more times.

Not exactly...

First - that call to Randy Galloway happened prior to the following NFC championship game - played in 1994. Second - it happened a few days prior. Remember that the following day after the call Jimmy basically confirmed what he said and refused to back down which led Seifert the following day to make the "He has big balls" comment which was followed by Jimmy's "They aren't made of paper mache" statement.

It was fun...

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2022/01/13/recapping-the-playoff-history-between-the-cowboys-and-49ers-from-the-doomsday-defense-to-the-catch/
Mr B
RealGM

Post#115 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:39 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Statistically it was the greatest performance n a playoff game. As far as impact though I’d say that last road playoff game the Cowboys won was the greatest playoff game in Cowboys history ‘92 season (game actually played in ‘93) on the road against the Niners. To quote Jimmy Johnson the night before the game, “You can put it in 3 inch bold headlines, WE WILL WIN THE BALL GAME!”. And they did. Went into Candlestick and kick the crap out of the Niners (the favorites to win) on their own field. Troy didn’t put up the numbers that Dak did but that win put them in the SB. THAT was the greatest game I have ever seen the Cowboys play. Last night was great but it was in the Wild Card round. The current Cowboys team needs to do what they did last night 3 more times.

Not exactly...

First - that call to Randy Galloway happened prior to the following NFC championship game - played in 1994. Second - it happened a few days prior. Remember that the following day after the call Jimmy basically confirmed what he said and refused to back down which led Seifert the following day to make the "He has big balls" comment which was followed by Jimmy's "They aren't made of paper mache" statement.

It was fun...

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2022/01/13/recapping-the-playoff-history-between-the-cowboys-and-49ers-from-the-doomsday-defense-to-the-catch/

My mistake, you’re right that was the ‘93 season (game played in January ‘94) prior to hosting the Niners at Texas Stadium. The NFC Championship the year prior in Candlestick was still the greatest playoff game in Cowboys history in my opinion. The Niners were favored and everyone thought Steve Young would finally get his ring. The Cowboys were “next year’s team”. Instead the Cowboys totally kicked their ass. Then went on to dominate the Bills in the SB.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#116 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:18 pm

You just got 92/93 mixed with 93/94.

I believe that was the last year before the modern business structure was instituted and unrestricted free agents and a hard cap were put into place. A dynasty was more plausible back then for multiple reasons. Not nearly as much parody. It's more difficult to keep a winning team in place today, just look at the Rams. There are pluses and minuses to it, but we will likely never see a dynasty like that again.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#117 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:11 am

It looks like we are sticking with Maher.

I had to go look up his stats. He played in Dak's other playoff win where he made 3 extra points and a 38 yard FG. He did miss a field goal but it was a 58 yarder which is high % miss for any kicker.

I just hope they know wtf happened to him. Missing 2 extra points is unheard of, but 4? FOUR? Missing four in a row means something is very wrong either mentally or physically.

It really sucks because when playing an elite defense like SF has a field goal is almost like a TD. We need each and every point.

Maher is a HUGE concern.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#118 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:14 am

Mr B
RealGM

Post#119 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:04 am

I guess if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=14FLSULKigdXKf65GA6spg
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:36 am

Mr B wrote:My mistake, you’re right that was the ‘93 season (game played in January ‘94) prior to hosting the Niners at Texas Stadium. The NFC Championship the year prior in Candlestick was still the greatest playoff game in Cowboys history in my opinion. The Niners were favored and everyone thought Steve Young would finally get his ring. The Cowboys were “next year’s team”. Instead the Cowboys totally kicked their ass. Then went on to dominate the Bills in the SB.

You won’t get any argument from me on the game in Candlestick. When Harper caught that pass and turned it into a 70 yard reception I had tears in my eyes. The only other games that belong in the same sentence with that one were the ‘72 Divisional game in SF and the Hail Mary game. Here’s hoping Sunday night adds to that list.

Return to Dallas Cowboys