2024 Cowboys Off Season

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Re: 2024 Cowboys Off Season 

Post#101 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:18 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Not for the best pass rusher in the league you’re not getting him for a 1st and a 3rd. Micah will likely be franchised when his contract is up. That’s two 1st round picks at least if Seattle wants him. I would ask for two 1st’s and Zach Charbonnet, if not you can kick rocks.

That's alright. You can't blame a guy for trying lol.

What if we throw in Jamal Adams? :wink:

There's speculation that Jamal might actually retire. The injuries have taken a toll on him. I think we're actually done giving up draft picks after that debacle of a trade. Especially now that Carroll is gone. There really is no need to try to make win now type of moves. Although Micah would look pretty damn good on this team in Mike Macdonald's defense.

5 years ago Jamal Adams and a 1st and 3rd might have gotten the deal done. He has wanted to come to Dallas for a quite a while. The last couple of years haven’t been good to him though. At least that’s what it looks like from here.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#102 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:28 am

Let’s see how “all in” Jerry really is.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#103 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:37 am

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:That's alright. You can't blame a guy for trying lol.

There's speculation that Jamal might actually retire. The injuries have taken a toll on him. I think we're actually done giving up draft picks after that debacle of a trade. Especially now that Carroll is gone. There really is no need to try to make win now type of moves. Although Micah would look pretty damn good on this team in Mike Macdonald's defense.

5 years ago Jamal Adams and a 1st and 3rd might have gotten the deal done. He has wanted to come to Dallas for a quite a while. The last couple of years haven’t been good to him though. At least that’s what it looks like from here.

Jamal has been plagued with injuries the last 3 years. He tore his quad in the season opener last year (2022) & hasn't been the same since. He tried to come back & play this year but didn't look good at all. He looked a step slow. He looked so bad at times that the team had to shut him down.

Now, he's hinting that he might retire. So... yeah, not great.

The crazy thing is that he's still only like 27 or 28. Still relatively young.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#104 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:03 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:It sounds like some of you want to move on from Micah.

Looks like DK is trying to recruit him. :wink:

Read on Twitter

Two 1st round picks and Zach Charbonnet for Micah Parsons?

No, that's too much. You'll get a 1st (16th overall) & possibly a 3rd rounder as part of the deal. That should be more than fair compensation.

The point of my post was mostly to try to get Bjj's attention. He must be traveling or something because he's been dead silent about the Quinn news lol. Very unusual behavior from him.

Does it really matter who our next DC is? McCarthy is coming back, right? Dak is coming back, right? Jerry is still the owner and leader, rignt?
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#105 » by linery88 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:29 am

Belichik still has a burning desire to win,and pass Shula,and the Pats defense improved near the end of the season.
He also gets how important a running game is.
The only issues are Jerry,and how that works,and staying healthy,then Jerry or the HC wont matter as much.
We need health because Dak,and Mike cant be trusted until they prove they can be.Belichik is more trustworthy than them,especially if he gets his way,which he should as an 8 time SB Champ.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#106 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 3, 2024 2:54 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:That's alright. You can't blame a guy for trying lol.

Jamal has been plagued with injuries the last 3 years. He tore his quad in the season opener last year (2022) & hasn't been the same since. He tried to come back & play this year but didn't look good at all. He looked a step slow. He looked so bad at times that the team had to shut him down.

Now, he's hinting that he might retire. So... yeah, not great.

The crazy thing is that he's still only like 27 or 28. Still relatively young.

When I first started watching videos of Micah Parsons at Penn St before the draft he kind of reminded me of a younger Jamal Adams. A bigger and faster version of Adams.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#107 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:03 am

linery88 wrote:Belichik still has a burning desire to win,and pass Shula,and the Pats defense improved near the end of the season.
The only issues are Jerry,and how that works,and staying healthy,then Jerry or the HC wont matter as much.
We need health because Dak,and Mike cant be trusted until they prove they can be.Belichik is more trustworthy than them,especially if he gets his way,which he should as an 8 time SB Champ.

It will be really freaking weird if Belichick ends up coaching the Cowboys. I won’t rule it out though. If Jerry can talk Bill Parcels into coaching his team I bet he can talk Belichick in to it too. Belichick will have to be ok with not having total control. Word has it that is why Atlanta went another way. They did not want to give Bill full control over all things football.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#108 » by linery88 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:46 am

Mr B wrote:
linery88 wrote:Belichik still has a burning desire to win,and pass Shula,and the Pats defense improved near the end of the season.

It will be really freaking weird if Belichick ends up coaching the Cowboys. I won’t rule it out though. If Jerry can talk Bill Parcels into coaching his team I bet he can talk Belichick in to it too. Belichick will have to be ok with not having total control. Word has it that is why Atlanta went another way. They did not want to give Bill full control over all things football.

Would be great if he could coach here.I think Bill would cede some control,and is a good enough coach to win.Its the players who have to buy in,and be willing to be disciplined,and held accountable.You could see the discipline with NewEngland during games when they were winning.
I wanna see that here,otherwise i think its pretty predictable,and better to be skeptical than optimistic until they give you good reason to be.
Mr B
RealGM

2024 Cowboys Off Season 

Post#109 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:33 pm

Here is another name to keep an eye on in the draft for the Cowboys. OT Jordan Morgan 6’6” 320 lbs. He’s being projected to go in the late 1st round.

The Cowboys could fix their OL for the next 10 years if they can find a way to come out of rounds 1-2 with both Jordan Morgan (or one of the other Tackles) and C Jackson Powers-Johnson.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM

Post#110 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:18 pm

From my understanding the Cowboys are currently between $19M-$20M over the cap. Here are the moves they can do to clear cap space.

Read on Twitter
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#111 » by linery88 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:28 am

Mr B wrote:From my understanding the Cowboys are currently between $19M-$20M over the cap. Here are the moves they can do to clear cap space.

Read on Twitter

Should they just dump Gallup,or can they actually get something decent for him?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#112 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:24 am

linery88 wrote:
Mr B wrote:From my understanding the Cowboys are currently between $19M-$20M over the cap. Here are the moves they can do to clear cap space.

Read on Twitter

Should they just dump Gallup,or can they actually get something decent for him?

Personally I think he’d be a great fit in Kansas City. He’d be a cheap upgrade for them. I’d love to see if the Cowboys could get at least a 5th rounder for him. It’s pretty doubtful though. Pretty much everyone knows the Cowboys are going to cut him so there’s no real value with Gallup.
Mr B
RealGM

2024 Cowboys Off Season 

Post#113 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:58 am

Read on Twitter

In addition to this they can also rework the contracts of Diggs, and Steele. I believe they could get as far as over $60M under the cap if need be.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#114 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:36 am

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM

Post#115 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:51 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The more and more I think about it the more I’m starting to prefer Zimmer as the DC. He has the temperament that I like to see in coaches and his scheme has faired well against the Mike Holmgren (Shanahan) coaching tree.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#116 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:13 pm

Finally. Some decent news for a change after our season ended. Don't think it will matter much however, unless the Cowboys commit the needed resources on that side of the ball.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#117 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#118 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good Lord...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#119 » by Mr B » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:47 pm

Rex Ryan? For some reason I was thinking it was Rob Ryan that wanted the DC job. He’s been out of the game for a while. I think I would still prefer Zimmer.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#120 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 8, 2024 12:51 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Finally !! The best news since our season ended. He is the perfect guy for the job imho. I might come out of my funk if we can pull this off. :D

Return to Dallas Cowboys