Jerry... Jerry... Jerry...

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Re: Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#121 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:00 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:How much do NFL tickets cost by team?

The only seats worth sitting in are below that top level, and I am sure the average price of those seats would rank #1 overall. A family of 4 attending is looking at spending thousands of dollars which is absurd. You can fly the whole family to Cancun and have a beach vacation for that price. It isn't practical at all.

My point is this… If anyone actually believes that the City of Dallas can lure an existing team down here without spending a billion + on a new stadium and in doing so the team coming here would actually charge significantly less on ticket prices simply to undercut Jerry, then that person either has no idea how the NFL does business or has their head buried firmly where the sun doesn’t shine based on the simple thought that Jerry is a terrible GM.

The NFL is in the business of printing money. They are not in the business of losing money. No team is relocating here.

I’m done with this discussion. I’m going back to watch Spencer Rattler suck.

Peace.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#122 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:09 pm

The NFL has always viewed expansion as financial growth. They want to grow the NFL and have been desperately trying to expand into Europe and even Mexico. Expanding the league within the US is something they've done before and will do again.

The only reason they might have reservations on Dallas in particular is that the NFL may view the Cowboys as too big of a commodity to threaten. They draw the highest ratings, and have the largest fan base by a long shot. The Cowboys are the NFL's biggest cash cow every year regardless of wins and losses. So from that standpoint the league may not want to do anything that could jeopardize that.

Ultimately though I do think that more teams would equate to more money for them. More ticket sales, more TV revenue, more jerseys and merch, more more more.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#123 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:12 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Watching a Football game is so much better on television. Especially an NFL game. Splurging on tickets is a complete waste imo. The only exception would be a bigtime college atmosphere. A Texas/Alabama type matchup.

Why would I pay a fortune on tickets? When I can get the best view on my big screen from home.

Generally speaking I agree. I do think that witnessing a big win, or a key event live is better though. When there is a last second winning TD drive the whole place erupts and it does beat being in front of a TV.

I like to see 1 game live every season. But that is enough for me. Don't care to see more than that live.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#124 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:07 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Herschel Walker was the center piece to it all and not to knock Jimmy, the trade was monumental on his part and masterful, but looking through things objectively he was lucky to have that happen. There was no Herschel Walker trade of Jimmy in Miami, so there was no dynasty for Jimmy in Miami.

You're looking at things through a lens of lack. You're furious at Jerry because he "could have" won 4 rings instead of 3. Think about that. Jerry buys the team in 89 with Walker on the roster. Fires Landry and brings in his pal Jimmy and the team goes on to win 3 rings. NONE OF THAT could have been possible without Jerry. If Jerry never buys the team in all likeliness we have less rings than we do currently. But you can't forgive the one that might have gotten away in 94.

Walker wasn't the center piece but a very important part of it. it was Jimmy's draft picks and 52 wheelings and dealing with trades, etc,. Went on to win 3 rings all because of Jimmy. All Jerry and the new generation Cowboy fans have done is take a once proud, rich and historical franchise wrapped with a nice silver, white and blue bow on it called America's team, and after Jimmy got the boot, chit, pissed and destroyed everything Cowboys.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#125 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Herschel Walker was the center piece to it all and not to knock Jimmy, the trade was monumental on his part and masterful, but looking through things objectively he was lucky to have that happen. There was no Herschel Walker trade of Jimmy in Miami, so there was no dynasty for Jimmy in Miami.

You're looking at things through a lens of lack. You're furious at Jerry because he "could have" won 4 rings instead of 3. Think about that. Jerry buys the team in 89 with Walker on the roster. Fires Landry and brings in his pal Jimmy and the team goes on to win 3 rings. NONE OF THAT could have been possible without Jerry. If Jerry never buys the team in all likeliness we have less rings than we do currently. But you can't forgive the one that might have gotten away in 94.

Walker wasn't the center piece but a very important part of it. it was Jimmy's draft picks and 52 wheelings and dealing with trades, etc,. Went on to win 3 rings all because of Jimmy. All Jerry and the new generation Cowboy fans have done is take a once proud, rich and historical franchise wrapped with a nice silver, white and blue bow on it called America's team, and after Jimmy got the boot, chit, pissed and destroyed everything Cowboys.

Why doesn't Jerry get credit for Jimmy? If you are going to give Jerry the credit for all the bad stuff that comes into Dallas then you have to also credit him with all the good stuff.

If Jerry Jones never bought the Cowboys, how many rings would we have right now? I know the answer to that is unknowable, but I can tell you for sure that the odds are against it being more than we have today.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#126 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:24 pm

Also if you think our drafting was just Jimmy sitting in a room all by himself then you just aren't being realistic.

Like I said in that other post, these debates are always way too black and white. The reality of drafting is a full war room of people all throwing in their input given to them from scouts. Jimmy and Jerry both take credit for the picks and TBH they probably both should because that is more realistic than just 1 of them taking credit.

They were able to agree at the start and then as success rolled in their egos became too large to coexist.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#127 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:13 pm

You can spin it all anyway you want. I'm not buying into any of your crap. Your blind, you have no idea what you are talking about, You could careless about the older Cowboy fans that helped build, support and live through the tradition that was built before you were even born. How dare you dismiss the most successful and richest part of the Dallas Cowboy history. I'm starting to question the intelligence and education of the younger generation. How did you guys ever graduate? Oh, I forgot you have Governor Abbott. Another narcissistic like Jerry.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#128 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:49 pm

Okay so please just answer the questions. Why doesn't Jerry get credit for bringing in Jimmy? You credit Jerry for every other coach and player, so why does that not count for Jimmy? It's Jerry's fault that we had Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, and everyone else right? So why is it not Jerry's fault that he brought in his friend Jimmy Johnson? Couldn't we say that Jerry had good instincts to bring in Jimmy?

And the other question you ignored. How many rings do you think Dallas would have right now if Jerry never bought the team?

All things equal, 32 teams in the NFL, that would equate to 1 ring every 32 years on average. So without Jerry how many would we have right now?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#129 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:56 pm

With the right owner, GM and coach, MORE.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,194

Post#130 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:59 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Besides - it’s been tried before. With zero success. Shame is that if this area would have actually supported two teams, we’d have a Super Bowl team here right now along with a potential HoF QB in our midst who actually played HS football a few hours east of here.

First, that’s a kick ass jacket. The fact that the Chiefs originated in Dallas is why they’re my second favorite team. You can’t really compare the Texans leaving Dallas in the 60’s to a 2nd team not being able to be supported today. It’s two totally different eras and the NFL is much more popular now than it was then.

Unfortunately it would be impossible for Dallas to get the Chiefs back. If they did get a second team I would think it would be a team like the Cardinals or Jaguars. It would be kind of cool if they could get the Titans and then change their name back to the Oilers.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#131 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:08 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Those are exact reasons why I believe a 2nd team would succeed. The new team wouldn’t have the “clout” that the Cowboys have. The reason they can price out the average fan is because they can. Like you said, there is never an under abundance of fans willing to pay Jerry’s fees. A 2nd team could easily under cut Jerry’s prices and average fans could afford (probably still not very often but maybe once or twice a season) to go to games again. Then actually being in Dallas, I have no doubt they could fill a stadium every week. Not to mention the fans that would love to stick it to Jerry by helping to support his competition.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Is that you’re expert opinion?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#132 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:13 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
How much do NFL tickets cost by team?

Unsurprisingly, the Buccaneers ($757.26) have the highest average ticket price for any NFL team in 2022. That makes sense given that Tom Brady is in what could be his last NFL season, so fans are willing to pay a premium to see him play once again.

Beyond the Bucs, only three other teams have tickets that cost an average of more than $600. They are the Cowboys ($690), the Raiders ($674) and the Patriots ($643).

The Lions have the NFL's cheapest ticket, as their games cost, on average, about $224. The Jaguars ($258), Jets ($265), Cardinals ($276) and Browns ($282) are the league's other four teams that have an average ticket cost of under $300.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-tickets-2022-prices-cheap-games/wdghklelkzje31gkg3xupfwq

That just proves my point that a 2nd team could come to Dallas (and actually play in the city of Dallas) and be affordable for the average fan to go to 1 or 2 games per season. That team would be really successful in Dallas in my opinion.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#133 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:13 pm

Once again Jerry just can't help himself. Its so nice hearing from an owner that is wishing a QB controversy.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#134 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Once again Jerry just can't help himself. Its so nice hearing from an owner that is wishing a QB controversy.

Jerry already gone off that Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#135 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:34 pm

I don't mind the comment. He's giving Cooper a reason to play hard. What's he suppose to say that Cooper has no hope at being a starter? I think it's impossible for Dak to be benched he simply makes too much money, and I think everyone understands that is the reality.

What makes me upset at Jerry is watched Amari go nuts last night. SMH
Mr B
RealGM

Post#136 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:39 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I don't mind the comment. He's giving Cooper a reason to play hard. What's he suppose to say that Cooper has no hope at being a starter? I think it's impossible for Dak to be benched he simply makes too much money, and I think everyone understands that is the reality.

What makes me upset at Jerry is watched Amari go nuts last night. SMH

I think we all wish Jerry would just STFU and not make any comments. We know it’s not going to happen, but we wish it.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#137 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:53 pm

Headlines like these undoubtedly contribute to the Cowboys’ ranking as the most valuable franchise in sports, Jones typically speaking at least three times a week during the NFL season atop impromptu and eyebrow-raising remarks like these.

A decision to roll with Rush would qualify, regardless of the next few weeks’ outcome. Jones acknowledged that Prescott’s recovery timeline is shorter than Romo’s was, and Rush is unlikely to play 10 games before Prescott is available.

Running back Ezekiel Elliott, who was also a rookie in 2016 and ended up the league’s rushing champion, said he doesn’t focus on such hypotheticals.

“People on TV who get clicks, get views are going to say the most outrageous stuff to get attention,” Elliott said. “That’s their job. Who knows if they even believe that?”

Elliott was then told that Jones, in the Cowboys’ own building, had pondered a quarterback “dilemma.”

“There you go, that’s a classic example,” he said. “He wants y’all to be clicking and listening to him, too.

“It’s all marketing, man. It’s all marketing.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-qb-controversy-jerry-jones-raises-notion-to-media-not-the-other-way-around-224449769.html

Elliot is right

Jerry knows headlines = $$$

I wouldn't mind knowing how these "impromptu" media remarks happen though. Is a mic shoved in Jerry's face? Does he contact them to letting them know he has opinions to share?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#138 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:57 pm

I think this one doesn't bother me because I agree with Jerry. We want Cooper Rush to be good. A QB controversy would just lite a fire under Dak. Under both of them actually. I don't mind this drama. It just means we have 2 good QBs.

If there is a QB controversy after the Giants game then that means Cooper beat the Giants.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#139 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:04 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Headlines like these undoubtedly contribute to the Cowboys’ ranking as the most valuable franchise in sports, Jones typically speaking at least three times a week during the NFL season atop impromptu and eyebrow-raising remarks like these.

A decision to roll with Rush would qualify, regardless of the next few weeks’ outcome. Jones acknowledged that Prescott’s recovery timeline is shorter than Romo’s was, and Rush is unlikely to play 10 games before Prescott is available.

Running back Ezekiel Elliott, who was also a rookie in 2016 and ended up the league’s rushing champion, said he doesn’t focus on such hypotheticals.

“People on TV who get clicks, get views are going to say the most outrageous stuff to get attention,” Elliott said. “That’s their job. Who knows if they even believe that?”

Elliott was then told that Jones, in the Cowboys’ own building, had pondered a quarterback “dilemma.”

“There you go, that’s a classic example,” he said. “He wants y’all to be clicking and listening to him, too.

“It’s all marketing, man. It’s all marketing.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-qb-controversy-jerry-jones-raises-notion-to-media-not-the-other-way-around-224449769.html

Elliot is right

Jerry knows headlines = $$$

I wouldn't mind knowing how these "impromptu" media remarks happen though. Is a mic shoved in Jerry's face? Does he contact them to letting them know he has opinions to share?

Both. Jerry undoubtedly let’s the local media know when he has something to say. The Fan in Dallas is the flagship station for the Cowboys so no doubt they are ready to jump when he says so. But even National media know all Cowboys = ratings so every chance they get they stick a mic in his face knowing he’ll say something.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 572

Post#140 » by linery88 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:17 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Once again Jerry just can't help himself. Its so nice hearing from an owner that is wishing a QB controversy.

So this is what Jerry wants.Gee I thought he wanted a SB. :starwars
There are quite a few in the media concerned that this might actually hurt Daks feelings a bit.
Some of his previous comments about McCarthy,and Dak before Dak got paid must have messed with their heads a bit.The media sure felt/spinned it that way. :lol:

Return to Dallas Cowboys