Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Re: 2017 Dallas Cowboys - Season Thread 

Post#121 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:26 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Yes Sean Lee is back at practice and will start on Sunday. Also everyone is back from suspension. Irving has now had 2 full weeks to get back in football shape and same goes for Hitchens. The only person not able to play right now is Rico Gathers. He will come off the PUP list after week 8. From what I hear though he’s already practicing with the team.

Beat me to it. Lee in - Smith out. Good.

You talking about Tyron Smith or Jaylon Smith?

The linebacker who is getting killed in pass coverage. From what I read today, he will go back to what was envisioned for him before the injuries where he will get around 20 snaps a game instead of starting.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#122 » by Mr B » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:52 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Beat me to it. Lee in - Smith out. Good.

You talking about Tyron Smith or Jaylon Smith?

The linebacker who is getting killed in pass coverage. From what I read today, he will go back to what was envisioned for him before the injuries where he will get around 20 snaps a game instead of starting.

That’s great to hear. He’s a 2 down LB at best right now. I also think he should be moved to the SAM.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#123 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:54 pm

As much of a “Must Win” as is possible against an 0-6 team that keeps them close. I would REALLY like to see a dominant effort on both sides of the ball today.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,385

Post#124 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:As much of a “Must Win” as is possible against an 0-6 team that keeps them close. I would REALLY like to see a dominant effort on both sides of the ball today.

IMHO, today and next week are must wins. But lets start with a solid win today !!
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#125 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Zeke looks pissed!
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#126 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:As much of a “Must Win” as is possible against an 0-6 team that keeps them close. I would REALLY like to see a dominant effort on both sides of the ball today.

IMHO, today and next week are must wins. But lets start with a solid win today !!

Mission accomplished.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#127 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Ick...

Stephen Jones: Dan Bailey 'probably not' playing vs. Washington; '99 percent chance' Cowboys sign replacement kicker
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/10/22/happened-cowboys-safety-became-kicker-even-know-ball-going-go

UPDATE 12:15 p.m. Monday: Cowboys VP Stephen Jones says that kicker Dan Bailey is "probably not" going to be available for Sunday's game against the Washington Redskins.

In a Monday interview with 105.3 The Fan's G-Bag Nation show, Jones was asked who would be the kicker Sunday.

"It's probably not going to be Dan Bailey, unfortunately," Jones said, adding that with Bailey's groin injury, "this could be more than a week at a time."

UPDATE, 11:45 a.m. Monday: According to ESPN's Field Yates, the Cowboys are working out Mike Nugent, Jason Myers, Sam Irwin-Hill and Younghoe Koo.

Irwin-Hill was the Cowboys' backup punter during training camp.

Nugent was beaten out by Aldrick Rosas for the New York Giants' kicking job this preseason. Myers was waived by Jacksonville last week and Koo, a rookie, was waived by the Los Angeles Chargers earlier this month.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported that Bailey could miss "several weeks" with what's being described as a groin strain.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#128 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:46 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Mission accomplished.

Now I want Washington to win tonight so they don't come back home after a loss. But I do hope the game goes to O.T. and they get beat up all over the place. Then the real test will come vs. Kansas City.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#129 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:49 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Ick...

Stephen Jones: Dan Bailey 'probably not' playing vs. Washington; '99 percent chance' Cowboys sign replacement kicker
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/10/22/happened-cowboys-safety-became-kicker-even-know-ball-going-go

UPDATE 12:15 p.m. Monday: Cowboys VP Stephen Jones says that kicker Dan Bailey is "probably not" going to be available for Sunday's game against the Washington Redskins.

In a Monday interview with 105.3 The Fan's G-Bag Nation show, Jones was asked who would be the kicker Sunday.

"It's probably not going to be Dan Bailey, unfortunately," Jones said, adding that with Bailey's groin injury, "this could be more than a week at a time."

UPDATE, 11:45 a.m. Monday: According to ESPN's Field Yates, the Cowboys are working out Mike Nugent, Jason Myers, Sam Irwin-Hill and Younghoe Koo.

Nugent was beaten out by Aldrick Rosas for the New York Giants' kicking job this preseason. Myers was waived by Jacksonville last week and Koo, a rookie, was waived by the Los Angeles Chargers earlier this month.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported that Bailey could miss "several weeks" with what's being described as a groin strain.

I don't like any of them. they are all bums. Myers was let go by the Jaguars because he can't make anything over 50 yards. Not a fan of Nugent at all. Damn. What a mess. This ain't good.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,525

Post#130 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:54 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I don't like any of them. they are all bums. Myers was let go by the Jaguars because he can't make anything over 50 yards. Not a fan of Nugent at all. Damn. What a mess. This ain't good.

:wave:

Need a kicker?? :lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#131 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:55 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Get out of here TROLL.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#132 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:55 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't like any of them. they are all bums. Myers was let go by the Jaguars because he can't make anything over 50 yards. Not a fan of Nugent at all. Damn. What a mess. This ain't good.

Get out of here TROLL.

:rofl: :cuddle

I'll take that as a yes!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#133 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:57 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :wave:
Get out of here TROLL.

:rofl:

If you want my honest opinion, I'd rather have Blair Walsh than those bums Otis put on the board.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#134 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:59 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

:rofl:

If you want my honest opinion, I'd rather have Blair Walsh than those bums Otis put on the board.

Are you sure!? :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#135 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:02 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :wave:
Get out of here TROLL.

I'll take that as a yes!

That's pretty bad when you have to troll the Cowboy room just to find a conversation with someone. Can't blame ya though. The whole football forum this year is like my ex wife in the bedroom, DEAD. :nod: :sleep: :curse:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#136 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:04 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I'll take that as a yes!

That's pretty bad when you have to troll the Cowboy room just to find a conversation with someone. Can't blame ya though. The whole football forum this year is like my ex wife in the bedroom, DEAD. :nod: :sleep: :curse:

I'm dead. :lol:

Jwise still not responding, eh? :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#137 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:04 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :rofl:

Would you want Nugent or Myers? Please.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#138 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:05 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:If you want my honest opinion, I'd rather have Blair Walsh than those bums Otis put on the board.

Would you want Nugent or Myers? Please.

Wasn't Nugent good at one time? :dontknow:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#139 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:08 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :rofl: :cuddle

I'll take that as a yes!

I'm dead. :lol:

Jwise still not responding, eh? :lol:

Good. Because its after 1:00am and I have to work tomorrow. We will have to pick this back up later. Otis will be up early tomorrow reviewing our behavior, :wink: :lol:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#140 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:08 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Not that one. Thanks though.

Return to Dallas Cowboys