2018 Mock Drafts-Cowboys Selections

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Re: 2018 Mock Drafts-Cowboys Selections 

Post#61 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 5, 2018 4:48 pm

Mr B wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:I just feel like there's a player they want and they'll move up to get this person. I think the Boys make 3 or 4 deals during the weekend and especially one on day one.

I fully expect them to make a deal or two. They have 10 picks and there is no way they actually draft that many guys. Also the draft is in Dallas this year so Jerry for sure is going to want to make a spectacle of himself.

Any senario's where we are moving up for defense? I'm all for that. However I don''t want to give up a second or 3ird round pick. I can see giving up some of our later round picks, but I would love to have 3 solid starting picks on defense.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#62 » by gravytrain24 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 4:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:I just feel like there's a player they want and they'll move up to get this person. I think the Boys make 3 or 4 deals during the weekend and especially one on day one.

I fully expect them to make a deal or two. They have 10 picks and there is no way they actually draft that many guys. Also the draft is in Dallas this year so Jerry for sure is going to want to make a spectacle of himself.

Any senario's where we are moving up for defense? I'm all for that. However I don''t want to give up a second or 3ird round pick. I can see giving up some of our later round picks, but I would love to have 3 solid starting picks on defense.

I could see a scenario if Roquan or Edmunds drops past 10, that Jerry gives up a 1st, 4th and maybe 6th/7th.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,996

Post#63 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 5, 2018 6:56 pm

Mr B wrote:

Bingo!
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#64 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 5, 2018 8:04 pm

Mr B wrote:

Hopefully he will make such a spectacle of himself he stays out of the War room during the draft. Let Stephen finish off the defense like he wants, please !!!! Just once, do this for us old, original, Cowboy Daddies.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,358

Post#65 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 5, 2018 11:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Yea I think if Roquan Smith falls past 10 there is a very good chance they trade up for him. It will absolutely cost them their 2nd or 3rd though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#66 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 5, 2018 11:09 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I could see a scenario if Roquan or Edmunds drops past 10, that Jerry gives up a 1st, 4th and maybe 6th/7th.

I would love Edmunds but I don’t see him getting past 10. He’s absolutely what this team needs though. I’m wondering if they would actually consider trading into the top 10.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#67 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Any senario's where we are moving up for defense? I'm all for that. However I don''t want to give up a second or 3ird round pick. I can see giving up some of our later round picks, but I would love to have 3 solid starting picks on defense.

I would love Edmunds but I don’t see him getting past 10. He’s absolutely what this team needs though. I’m wondering if they would actually consider trading into the top 10.

Do you really think this guy is worth moving Up for? I really know hardly anything outside of what I have read. You know how naked I feel when I've never given this kid my final test, the eye test.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#68 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:I could see a scenario if Roquan or Edmunds drops past 10, that Jerry gives up a 1st, 4th and maybe 6th/7th.

Do you really think this guy is worth moving Up for? I really know hardly anything outside of what I have read. You know how naked I feel when I've never given this kid my final test, the eye test.

I would prefer they not trade up into the top 10 because of what it will cost. I don’t want them to give up their 2nd. I would be ok with them trading up into the 12-15 range because that will likely only cost them their 3rd. Considering the draft is in Dallas and the fact that they have 10 picks I fully expect them to trade up. Jerry won’t be able to resist himself.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#69 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I would prefer they not trade up into the top 10 because of what it will cost. I don’t want them to give up their 2nd. I would be ok with them trading up into the 12-15 range because that will likely only cost them their 3rd. Considering the draft is in Dallas and the fact that they have 10 picks I fully expect them to trade up. Jerry won’t be able to resist himself.

I totally agree. I don't think we need to get in the top ten to get what we want and need in the first round. Don't mind moving up a little bit but I don't want to give up a second or third round pick either.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#70 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:58 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Do you really think this guy is worth moving Up for? I really know hardly anything outside of what I have read. You know how naked I feel when I've never given this kid my final test, the eye test.

I totally agree. I don't think we need to get in the top ten to get what we want and need in the first round. Don't mind moving up a little bit but I don't want to give up a second or third round pick either.

Yea I’d rather not give up the 3rd either. I’d be somewhat ok with it though if it helped them get Roquan Smith, James.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer

Post#71 » by gravytrain24 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:15 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:I could see a scenario if Roquan or Edmunds drops past 10, that Jerry gives up a 1st, 4th and maybe 6th/7th.

I've watched Edmunds his entire career being a VT guy, let's go Hokies, and he's high energy and smart guy, solid tackler. Wouldn't be an inside backer but couldn't rotate from outside to dl and 3-4 fit.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer

Post#72 » by gravytrain24 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:59 pm

With Dez being gone, and them bringing in Ridley as part of their 30 visits that there's a pretty good chance we go that route.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:58 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:With Dez being gone, and them bringing in Ridley as part of their 30 visits that there's a pretty good chance we go that route.

Gonna cost #50. Are we willing to give up that second round pick?
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer

Post#74 » by gravytrain24 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:With Dez being gone, and them bringing in Ridley as part of their 30 visits that there's a pretty good chance we go that route.

Some mocks have him falling to 19 and below that. With some teams say that Vander Esch is unfit to play football, that has to take him off the board. I do see us not trading up to get a LB or WR anyway, I don't think it will take a 2nd tho.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:15 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Some mocks have him falling to 19 and below that. With some teams say that Vander Esch is unfit to play football, that has to take him off the board. I do see us not trading up to get a LB or WR anyway, I don't think it will take a 2nd tho.

I've seen some of those mocks too about Ridley... hell - CBS has the Cowboys grabbing Moore at 19 and Ridley dropping to the Jaguars at I don't buy it.

I agree that we aren't moving up for a WR. And - truth is, if I'm moving up in the draft at all it isn't for a WR. It's for Smith or James.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:29 am

Speaking of which...

Read on Twitter
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer

Post#77 » by gravytrain24 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Speaking of which...

Read on Twitter

I'd be okay with that depending on how far he falls. I'm getting that itch, can't wait for the draft, so intriguing.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#78 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:05 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Speaking of which...

Read on Twitter

I'd be okay with that depending on how far he falls. I'm getting that itch, can't wait for the draft, so intriguing.

Completely agree. So many ways the Cowboys can go in those first two nights... not to mention the possibilities with trades. Should be great TV.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#79 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:48 pm

If Jerry gets his way in this years draft, I can see us going WR which, I would totally be opposed to. I don't like taking WR's or DB's in the first round. Always hated being held hostage by these diva's. If Stephen and the coaches get the say, I believe we go defense. With this years draft being in Dallas, I find it hard to believe Jerry isn't already foaming at the mouth to take over the whole show and dominate the headlines. (Sounds like the POTUS) Drama, drama and more drama. Jerry is a drama queen.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer

Post#80 » by gravytrain24 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:If Jerry gets his way in this years draft, I can see us going WR which I would totally opposed to. I don't like taking WR's or DB's in the first round. Always hated being held hostage by these diva's. If Stephen and the coaches get the say, I believe we go defense. With this years draft being in Dallas, I find it hard to believe Jerry isn't already foaming at the mouth to take over the whole show and dominate the headlines. (Sounds like the POTUS)

Which means big first day trade.

Return to Dallas Cowboys