Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Re: Cowboy fans. 

Post#141 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Yep, that's probably it.

With Flozell waiting first on the depth chart.

Hopefully Tyler can get in on this convo.

The backup for me would still be Mark Tuinei at LT. Flozell was good but he had his flaws.

Backups:

LT - Mark Tuinei
LG - Nate Newton
C - Mark Stepnoski
RG - Kevin Gogan
RT - Rayfield Wright

I don't have Smith, Martin or Fredrick on my list. They didn't win rings.

I don’t knock them for having to play with Romo or Dak.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#142 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:The backup for me would still be Mark Tuinei at LT. Flozell was good but he had his flaws.

Backups:

LT - Mark Tuinei
LG - Nate Newton
C - Mark Stepnoski
RG - Kevin Gogan
RT - Rayfield Wright

I don't have Smith, Martin or Fredrick on my list. They didn't win rings.

No player should be graded by rings including Romo and Dak who are both better than Aikman was (ask Aikman)

I mean do you knock Barry Sanders? Calvin Johnson? Marino? Moss?

Butkis
Munoz
Dickerson
TonyG
Tomlinson
ect
ect
ect
Mr B
RealGM

Post#143 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't have Smith, Martin or Fredrick on my list. They didn't win rings.

No player should be graded by rings including Romo and Dak who are both better than Aikman was (ask Aikman)

Butkis
Munoz
Dickerson
TonyG
Tomlinson
ect
ect
ect

First off neither Romo or Dak are better than Aikman. Are their stats better? Of course, both play in a passing offense. Aikman was in a run oriented offense. Aikman was a better leader and was super clutch in the playoffs. He never folded like Romo and Dak did.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#144 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:30 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:I don’t knock them for having to play with Romo or Dak.

Butkis
Munoz
Dickerson
TonyG
Tomlinson
ect
ect
ect

First off neither Romo or Dak are better than Aikman. Are their stats better? Of course, both play in a passing offense. Aikman was in a run oriented offense. Aikman was a better leader and was super clutch in the playoffs. He never folded like Romo and Dak did.

Dak and Romo were WAY more accurate passing and obviously much better on their feet. Just use your eyes.

Troy had a stacked team and no competition. Dallas had to get by SF and that was it.

The list of elite teams and QBs that Dak and Romo had to face is endless. Including GOAT Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, etc etc etc
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#145 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:32 pm

QB play in general is way advanced since the 80s and 90s

An average QB today would be a legend in the 80s.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#146 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't have Smith, Martin or Fredrick on my list. They didn't win rings.

Butkis
Munoz
Dickerson
TonyG
Tomlinson
ect
ect
ect

Winning rings or multiple rings carry extra weight with me. You guys have your grades and I have mine.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#147 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:55 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:QB play in general is way advanced since the 80s and 90s

An average QB today would be a legend in the 80s.

An average QB today wouldn't have lasted 2 years in the NFL back in the 70's and 80's. The rules you are used to seeing in today's game never existed back then. Even Brady would have got killed a few times and I guarantee he wouldn't have played for 20 years.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#148 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:59 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:No player should be graded by rings including Romo and Dak who are both better than Aikman was (ask Aikman)

Butkis
Munoz
Dickerson
TonyG
Tomlinson
ect
ect
ect

Dak and Romo were WAY more accurate passing and obviously much better on their feet. Just use your eyes.

Troy had a stacked team and no competition. Dallas had to get by SF and that was it.

The list of elite teams and QBs that Dak and Romo had to face is endless. Including GOAT Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, etc etc etc

Couldn't disagree more on many levels. So ridiculous I can't even respond. :noway:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#149 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:42 pm

Play has advanced at EVERY position in the NFL, and coaching has advanced as well. The players are much bigger and faster on average and the play calling is much more advanced. Nevermind QB play, an average TEAM today would win multiple rings in the 80s.

Somewhat similar in the NBA with 3-ball. Although in the NBA you can lean on just one player to get by so maybe Jordan would overcome. But it's a different game, with much more accurate shooters. Just like in the NFL it's a different game with much more accurate passers.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#150 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:No player should be graded by rings including Romo and Dak who are both better than Aikman was (ask Aikman)

Butkis
Munoz
Dickerson
TonyG
Tomlinson
ect
ect
ect

Are you nuts? The Redskins were defending champs when Aikman won his first ring. The Giants were defending champs the year before that. The Cowboys played in the toughest division in the NFL.

Also like I said before you can’t base it on stats because the NFL is not the same and, the rules are not the same. It’s a passing league now.

I judge them by what I see on the field. Could Romo scramble better? Sure. Dude had moxie. He had probably the best pocket presence I’ve ever seen. Also had great accuracy on his deep ball. What he didn’t have though, playoff wins. For as good a player as he was he should have had more playoff wins. He had some really good teams but could never get over the hump.

Dak looks the part and acts the part. He’s big and strong and has a good arm and says all the right things. He’s athletic and can use his legs and can get his team fired up. You know what he doesn’t have though? Playoff wins. Just like Romo, he’s had some very good teams. There’s no reason or excuse that a player as good as him doesn’t have more playoff wins.

Then there’s Aikman. He also looks the part and acts the part. Easily the strongest arm of these three. He wasn’t the most athletic of the three (less than Dak but more than Romo). Statistics may show that Romo was more accurate. But you know what Aikman did have? Playoff wins and Championship wins. He never folded under pressure, he always came out on top. He had intestinal fortitude. He hated to lose more than he liked to win.

There is no way anyone could ever convince me that Romo or Dak (if he never wins a title) are better than Troy Aikman.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#151 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:First off neither Romo or Dak are better than Aikman. Are their stats better? Of course, both play in a passing offense. Aikman was in a run oriented offense. Aikman was a better leader and was super clutch in the playoffs. He never folded like Romo and Dak did.

Couldn't disagree more on many levels. So ridiculous I can't even respond. :noway:

Think about the difference between the NFC East in the late 80’s/early 90’s compared to the NFC Sast today. He’s crazy to think the Cowboys play tougher competition now.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#152 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:43 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:First off neither Romo or Dak are better than Aikman. Are their stats better? Of course, both play in a passing offense. Aikman was in a run oriented offense. Aikman was a better leader and was super clutch in the playoffs. He never folded like Romo and Dak did.

Are you nuts? The Redskins were defending champs when Aikman won his first ring. The Giants were defending champs the year before that. The Cowboys played in the toughest division in the NFL.

Also like I said before you can’t base it on stats because the NFL is not the same and, the rules are not the same. It’s a passing league now.

I judge them by what I see on the field. Could Romo scramble better? Sure. Dude had moxie. He had probably the best pocket presence I’ve ever seen. Also had great accuracy on his deep ball. What he didn’t have though, playoff wins. For as good a player as he was he should have had more playoff wins. He had some really good teams but could never get over the hump.

Dak looks the part and acts the part. He’s big and strong and has a good arm and says all the right things. He’s athletic and can use his legs and can get his team fired up. You know what he doesn’t have though? Playoff wins. Just like Romo, he’s had some very good teams. There’s no reason or excuse that a player as good as him doesn’t have more playoff wins.

Then there’s Aikman. He also looks the part and acts the part. Easily the strongest arm of these three. He wasn’t the most athletic of the three (less than Dak but more than Romo). Statistics may show that Romo was more accurate. But you know what Aikman did have? Playoff wins and Championship wins. He never folded under pressure, he always came out on top. He had intestinal fortitude. He hated to lose more than he liked to win.

There is no way anyone could ever convince me that Romo or Dak (if he never wins a title) are better than Troy Aikman.

You're basically saying they were better but lacked wins. That's my point, wins and losses are on the TEAM and not any one player.

Of the 3 QBs we are debating who had the better team relative to their their opponents? Also who had the better coaching staff? Who was in the best situation to win? It's Troy by a LONG SHOT.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#153 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:45 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dak and Romo were WAY more accurate passing and obviously much better on their feet. Just use your eyes.

Think about the difference between the NFC East in the late 80’s/early 90’s compared to the NFC Sast today. He’s crazy to think the Cowboys play tougher competition now.

I was talking about the NFL as a whole, but even the East is arguable. The Eagles weren't SB Champs during Troy's time, and the Giants won 2 rings as well.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#154 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dak and Romo were WAY more accurate passing and obviously much better on their feet. Just use your eyes.

Half of Dak's career was being and playing in the NFC Least where he got most of his stats and wins vs. tomato can teams.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#155 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Couldn't disagree more on many levels. So ridiculous I can't even respond. :noway:

Half of Dak's career was being and playing in the NFC Least where he got most of his stats and wins vs. tomato can teams.

This is just a lie. Last season was Dak's best statistical year and the last three seasons Dallas was 12-5 with Philly going to the Super Bowl.

You guys just want to remember things the way you want to and not the way things are in reality.

And that is your whole problem, you grew up watching Roger and those teams were your favorite childhood memories. And you're scared that if you admit today's athletes are superior that it will diminish those memories. But it won't.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#156 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Think about the difference between the NFC East in the late 80’s/early 90’s compared to the NFC Sast today. He’s crazy to think the Cowboys play tougher competition now.

This is just a lie. Last season was Dak's best statistical year and the last three seasons Dallas was 12-5 with Philly going to the Super Bowl.

You guys just want to remember things the way you want to and not the way things are in reality.

And that is your whole problem, you grew up watching Roger and those teams were your favorite childhood memories. And you're scared that if you admit today's athletes are superior that it will diminish those memories. But it won't.

The first 4 years of Dak's career the NFC East was the NFC Least. No lie. Fact. It gave Cowboy nation a false pretense of what he was all about. 2 wild card playoff wins in 9 years is all that needs to be said to support my claim. I'm not supporting a loser, that's your problem. For some reason you don't want to admit I was right about Dak 3 years ago when I posted he wasn't the guy. No problem on my end, I was right then, and I'm right now and you can\t prove me wrong. All the evidence you need is to go back and watch the Cowboys last 3 playoff loses since I made that post. Dak stunk and royally sucked in all 3 of those losses since making that post.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#157 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Half of Dak's career was being and playing in the NFC Least where he got most of his stats and wins vs. tomato can teams.

The first 4 years of Dak's career the NFC East was the NFC Least. No lie. Fact. It gave Cowboy nation a false pretense of what he was all about. 2 wild card playoff wins in 9 years is all that needs to be said to support my claim. I'm not supporting a loser, that's your problem. For some reason you don't want to admit I was right about Dak 3 years ago when I posted he wasn't the guy. No problem on my end, I was right then, and I'm right now and you can\t prove me wrong. All the evidence you need is to go back and watch the Cowboys last 3 playoff loses since I made that post. Dak stunk and royally sucked in all 3 of those losses since making that post.

Right that it is literally impossible to win with Dak? I won't admit that because it is silly. With the right team almost any QB can win a ring. You don't use actual logic. You just make irrational declarations.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#158 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:02 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:This is just a lie. Last season was Dak's best statistical year and the last three seasons Dallas was 12-5 with Philly going to the Super Bowl.

Right that it is literally impossible to win with Dak? I won't admit that because it is silly. With the right team almost any QB can win a ring. You don't use actual logic. You just make irrational declarations.

No, because this is exactly why you and I have been fighting over this the past 3 years. There is nothing irrational about my decision. Dak has been catered to since day 1 when he took over for Romo. Day 1 Dak had one of the 2 best O-lines in the NFL his first 4 years. Got him Elliott the following year. Then gave up a #1 draft choice the following year and gave him Cooper as a weapon. But that wasn't good enough so they drafted Lamb the following year after that and that still wasn't good enough. Couldn't be Dak's fault so they finally got rid of Jason Garrett. I mean I could keep going here but Dak has been completely catered to since day 1 and an undeserving contract to boot and STILL NEVER DELIVERED. ITS YOU BEING IRRATIONAL and I still don't understand the logic of the new Cowboy fans. You guys have no clue what it takes to win a championship.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#159 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:07 pm

If you watched our playoff loss you would understand that the entire TEAM was crap and not just Dak. Dak played poorly it is true but no QB could have won that game. It was basically everyone's worst game.

When Dak is gone and it takes us 10 years just to find a starting QB and have a winning record again, while Dak is winning elsewhere, we will see who was right.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#160 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:If you watched our playoff loss you would understand that the entire TEAM was crap and not just Dak. Dak played poorly it is true but no QB could have won that game. It was basically everyone's worst game.

When Dak is gone and it takes us 10 years just to find a starting QB and have a winning record again, while Dak is winning elsewhere, we will see who was right.

Doesn't matter if the whole team as a unit sucks or not. Dak is always in the middle of it every time. Cardinal game, 49er game, Buffalo game and Dak stunk very time. The playoff game vs. the 49ers 2 years ago the team showed up and yet Dak blew that game all on his own. Doesn't matter if the team plays good or bad, Dak just can't handle the big games and bright lights. It won't take 10 years to replace Dak. You are just using fear mongering as a tactic here. And when Dak goes somewhere else, he will probably win some games against cup cake teams like he has done here for 8 years, but winning a championship or title, I'll make a bet with you right now that he doesn't. Can't believe you would want to make that bet however, you are 0-4 betting on him the past four years. :crazy:

Return to Dallas Cowboys