Cowboy fans.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: Cowboy fans. 

Post#121 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:33 pm

wow :lol:

All the exact issues I have with BJJ can be seen on another forum. I mean I doesn't surprise me at all but still love the break down in here. :lol:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#122 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:38 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Whatever you say Roadhog Moran. We have had to listen to your spewing and your hatred for Clint Murchinson, Rod Hill, etc., for many years in here and previous places…

Here’s where we differ. Yes – I despise Rod Hill. Still do. And I posted as such here. When was the last time? 3 years ago? 4? Sure as hell wasn’t daily and sure as hell wasn’t recently. THAT’S the issue most of us have with you. You’ve made your point. Problem is you won’t stop. And once again – from reading the archives at “the other place”, that was one of the reasons people got tired of you there. Pages after pages of your D. Ware stuff is exactly the same as your “Dumb Dak” stuff here. It’s what you do. And when challenged, you respond now exactly the same way you responded 9 years ago.

This post by Manster resonates with me. It's exactly my thoughts on so many of BJJ's comments. You throw logic at him and he ignores it and throws "dumb Dak" back at you.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#123 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:52 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:wow :lol:

All the exact issues I have with BJJ can be seen on another forum. I mean I doesn't surprise me at all but still love the break down in here. :lol:

Truth is he shouldn't have been booted off of the other place for the stuff I shared here and I don't believe he was. I "think" he was trolling another forum which is a no-no there. And to be fair - the other place was a toilet and in some respects still is. But they have a different owner who doesn't pull the underhanded stuff the previous guy did.

This place - while a little less active - is a much better place... except for the ad crap running in the background here.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Cowboy fans. 

Post#124 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Whatever you say Roadhog Moran. We have had to listen to your spewing and your hatred for Clint Murchinson, Rod Hill, etc., for many years in here and previous places…

Here’s where we differ. Yes – I despise Rod Hill. Still do. And I posted as such here. When was the last time? 3 years ago? 4? Sure as hell wasn’t daily and sure as hell wasn’t recently. THAT’S the issue most of us have with you. You’ve made your point. Problem is you won’t stop. And once again – from reading the archives at “the other place”, that was one of the reasons people got tired of you there. Pages after pages of your D. Ware stuff is exactly the same as your “Dumb Dak” stuff here. It’s what you do. And when challenged, you respond now exactly the same way you responded 9 years ago.

This post by Manster resonates with me. It's exactly my thoughts on so many of BJJ's comments. You throw logic at him and he ignores it and throws "dumb Dak" back at you.

Honestly I can’t say I totally disagree with what BJJ posted there. Now I may disagree with some of the players I would have kept and got rid of but he’s not entirely wrong. I think what BJJ fails to factor in that Tom Landry or Jimmy Johnson never had to deal with is the salary cap. They were free to sign and cut players at will. You can’t do that now with the cap in place.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#125 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Honestly I can’t say I totally disagree with what BJJ posted there. Now I may disagree with some of the players I would have kept and got rid of but he’s not entirely wrong. I think what BJJ fails to factor in that Tom Landry or Jimmy Johnson never had to deal with is the salary cap. They were free to sign and cut players at will. You can’t do that now with the cap in place.

BJJ says that winning SB XXX was "bad for the Cowboys" because it fed Jerry's ego. As in he would rather not win a ring than let Jerry have any satisfaction. I already know right now that the idea of Jerry and Dak holding up a Lombardi and getting the last laugh probably makes BJJ want to vomit. If Dallas won a ring he would credit everyone else. Even if Dak threw 8 TDs in the SB he would still pin it on other factors while saying "Jerry got lucky" or something to that degree. As a Cowboy's fan you should WANT Dak and Jerry to succeed.

Aside from thatManster was replying to something BJJ said in regards to Ware that is unseen and the gist of it resonates with me when dealing with BJJ. He mentions "feeble thoughts about Marino". So here is the deal:

ON THE RIGHT TEAM
Dan Mario COULD HAVE won a ring
Warren Moon COULD HAVE won a ring
Tony Romo COULD HAVE won a ring
and yes Dak Prescott too.

Hell Ware DID win a ring on a different team. Showing that winning and losing isn't all about Ware. It isn't all about the QB either.

Geno Smith could win a ring on the right team. Anyone saying that just 2 years ago would look nuts.

This idea that BJJ has that it is literally impossible to win with "player X" disregards common sense and logic and it makes it impossible to have a debate.

There are only a very tiny handful of QBs I would say it is near impossible to win with on ANY team and those would be experimental type QBs that showed themselves as frauds early. Players like Jamarcus Russel or Johnny Manziel. But hell even they might have a shot with the Ray Lewis Ravens defense.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#126 » by Mr B » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:12 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:This post by Manster resonates with me. It's exactly my thoughts on so many of BJJ's comments. You throw logic at him and he ignores it and throws "dumb Dak" back at you.

BJJ says that winning SB XXX was "bad for the Cowboys" because it fed Jerry's ego. As in he would rather not win a ring than let Jerry have any satisfaction. I already know right now that the idea of Jerry and Dak holding up a Lombardi and getting the last laugh probably makes BJJ want to vomit. If Dallas won a ring he would credit everyone else. Even if Dak threw 8 TDs in the SB he would still pin it on other factors while saying "Jerry got lucky" or something to that degree. As a Cowboy's fan you should WANT Dak and Jerry to succeed.

Aside from thatManster was replying to something BJJ said in regards to Ware that is unseen and the gist of it resonates with me when dealing with BJJ. He mentions "feeble thoughts about Marino". So here is the deal:

ON THE RIGHT TEAM
Dan Mario COULD HAVE won a ring
Warren Moon COULD HAVE won a ring
Tony Romo COULD HAVE won a ring
and yes Dak Prescott too.

Hell Ware DID win a ring on a different team. Showing that winning and losing isn't all about Ware. It isn't all about the QB either.

Geno Smith could win a ring on the right team. Anyone saying that just 2 years ago would look nuts.

This idea that BJJ has that it is literally impossible to win with "player X" disregards common sense and logic and it makes it impossible to have a debate.

There are only a very tiny handful of QBs I would say it is near impossible to win with on ANY team and those would be experimental type QBs that showed themselves as frauds early. Players like Jamarcus Russel or Johnny Manziel. But hell even they might have a shot with the Ray Lewis Ravens defense.

I understand what BJJ is talking about when it comes to Ware. He was a great pass rusher but he did have a tendency to disappear in big games while with the Cowboys. He was much better in those moments when he joined the Broncos.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#127 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:13 am

For those of you that didn’t see Tyron Smith’s message to Cowboys fans. Here it is.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#128 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:51 pm

Is Tyron the greatest LT in Cowboys history?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#129 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:23 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Is Tyron the greatest LT in Cowboys history?

He’s definitely the most decorated individually. Mark Tuinei has the most rings though. If I had to take either it would be Tyron Smith.

My all time Cowboys OL would look like

LT - Tyron Smith
LG - Larry Allen
C - Travis Fredrick
RG - Zack Martin
RT - Erik Williams
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#130 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:43 pm

Mr B wrote:

He’s definitely the most decorated individually. Mark Tuinei has the most rings though. If I had to take either it would be Tyron Smith.

LT - Tyron Smith
LG - Larry Allen
C - Travis Fredrick
RG - Zack Martin
RT - Erik Williams

Yep, that's probably it.

With Flozell waiting first on the depth chart.

Hopefully Tyler can get in on this convo.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#131 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:26 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

LT - Tyron Smith
LG - Larry Allen
C - Travis Fredrick
RG - Zack Martin
RT - Erik Williams

Yep, that's probably it.

The backup for me would still be Mark Tuinei at LT. Flozell was good but he had his flaws.

Backups:

LT - Mark Tuinei
LG - Nate Newton
C - Mark Stepnoski
RG - Kevin Gogan
RT - Rayfield Wright
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#132 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:47 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:He’s definitely the most decorated individually. Mark Tuinei has the most rings though. If I had to take either it would be Tyron Smith.

LT - Tyron Smith
LG - Larry Allen
C - Travis Fredrick
RG - Zack Martin
RT - Erik Williams

Yep, that's probably it.

The backup for me would still be Mark Tuinei at LT. Flozell was good but he had his flaws.

Backups:

LT - Mark Tuinei
LG - Nate Newton
C - Mark Stepnoski
RG - Kevin Gogan
RT - Rayfield Wright

You got all the best ones your list. You only left out one, Ralph Neely, one of my favorites. Rayfield Wright was a basketball star drafted as a TE and Tom Landry developed him into a hall of fame RT. You can't make chit up like that. Says a lot of Landry's visionary development of players in his day. Something we are lacking today.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#133 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:09 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:He’s definitely the most decorated individually. Mark Tuinei has the most rings though. If I had to take either it would be Tyron Smith.

LT - Tyron Smith
LG - Larry Allen
C - Travis Fredrick
RG - Zack Martin
RT - Erik Williams

Yep, that's probably it.

Backups:

LT - Mark Tuinei
LG - Nate Newton
C - Mark Stepnoski
RG - Kevin Gogan
RT - Rayfield Wright

I suppose it's close but Flozell was more decorated than Tuinei. 5x ProBowl and 1x AllPro
Mr B
RealGM

Post#134 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Yep, that's probably it.

Backups:

LT - Mark Tuinei
LG - Nate Newton
C - Mark Stepnoski
RG - Kevin Gogan
RT - Rayfield Wright

You got all the best ones your list. You only left out one, Ralph Neely, one of my favorites. Rayfield Wright was a basketball star drafted as a TE and Tom Landry developed him into a hall of fame RT. You can't make chit up like that. Says a lot of Landry's visionary development of players in his day. Something we are lacking today.

He did the same with Mark Tuinei. He was signed as an undrafted free agent backup DT. Due to injury he was switched to backup Center before settling in as the starting LT. He only made 2 pro bowls but was part of that great OL of the 90’s.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#135 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:40 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Yep, that's probably it.

Backups:

LT - Mark Tuinei
LG - Nate Newton
C - Mark Stepnoski
RG - Kevin Gogan
RT - Rayfield Wright

I suppose it's close but Flozell was more decorated than Tuinei. 5x ProBowl and 1x AllPro

Yea you wouldn’t be wrong by selecting Flozell over Tuinei. Individually he was the better player but Tuinei was the starting LT on probably the greatest OL ever assembled.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#136 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:13 am

I mean I can remember times when Flozell had an off game. Or racked up a lot of penalties.

Games where you said "God d*mn it Flozell!"

I can't remember one single game ever that I was mad at Tyron Smith. Dude had close to flawless career here.

Thank God we have Tyler, who already proved he is capable of replacing Tyron.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#137 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:39 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I mean I can remember times when Flozell had an off game. Or racked up a lot of penalties.

Games where you said "God d*mn it Flozell!"

I can't remember one single game ever that I was mad at Tyron Smith. Dude had close to flawless career here.

Thank God we have Tyler, who already proved he is capable of replacing Tyron.

The only time I’ve said that about Tyron was when he got hurt late in his career here. He’s right there with Larry Allen and Zack Martin though as far as greatness. I’d take prime Tyron Smith over pretty much any LT in NFL history. I really wish Emmitt would have talked to him before he signed with the Jets though. I would have loved to see Tyron retire as a life long Cowboy.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#138 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:51 am

Tyron Smith at his best.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#139 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:07 pm

Remember when Tyron was out with an injury, and Adrian Claiborne sacked Dak 6 times in one game?

Letting everyone know how valuable Tyron was.

That's why I'm so grateful for Tyler. He stepped in as a rookie and it was like Tyron Smith was still there.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#140 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:38 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

LT - Tyron Smith
LG - Larry Allen
C - Travis Fredrick
RG - Zack Martin
RT - Erik Williams

Yep, that's probably it.

Backups:

LT - Mark Tuinei
LG - Nate Newton
C - Mark Stepnoski
RG - Kevin Gogan
RT - Rayfield Wright

I don't have Smith, Martin or Fredrick on my list. They didn't win rings.

Return to Dallas Cowboys