Nick Hayden

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

Nick Hayden 

Post#1 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:37 am

Cowboys re-signed DT Nick Hayden.
Hayden started all 16 games last season, but was among the league's least-effective defensive tackles. He graded out dead last in Pro Football Focus' ratings, getting whipped by the run while generating zero pass rush. Hayden's spot on the 53-man roster won't be assured.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Nick Hayden 

Post#2 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:57 am

He's definitely nothing special but he is a solid rotation guy. I don't put too much stock in Pro Football Focus. I put much more stock in what Marinelli thinks of him and apparently Marinelli likes him so that's good enough for me.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Re: Nick Hayden 

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:01 am

I hope its for depth purposes only. I wonder how much longer its going to be before someone in the organization address Dt and the whole O-line. This team will never get over the hump and to the promised land as long as we are pathetic vs. the run and 28th in sacks. Even with the help of Murray and the great O-line we have and all the benefits we gave the defense last year, the best we could do is be the 4 worse defense in the league with sacks. I still don't want any db's, running backs or anything else this upcoming draft. I want all DT's, DE and LB's. This crap has gone on long enough the past 17 years and I'm f-ing sick of it. And another thing, I hope Steven can keep Jerry away from the draft seen for at least another year. For Christ sake if Jerry had his way last year, we would have Johnny Manziel on our team instead Of Lawrence. I still hate Jerry and have no faith in his ability in recruiting or scouting players.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Nick Hayden 

Post#4 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:51 pm

Will McClay actually runs the draft for the Cowboys.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Nick Hayden 

Post#5 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Mr B wrote:Will McClay actually runs the draft for the Cowboys.

Yes - he does. And we are all better off for it. That's why I have way more confidence that we will see our defensive front issues resolved in the next year or two... regardless of how this year goes with the recent FA signing.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Dallas Cowboys