Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Re: Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#221 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:24 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Dak should be apologizing to Cowboys Twitter and the entire fanbase for losing that game. They have no reason to apologize to him.

Not only that. He should offer to take a pay cut so we can put better players around him for another year unfortunately.

If Jerry or who/whatever did apologize,it would be in private.
Jerry owes us an apology as well lol.
While it is true his piks cost us points both for,and against,never seen that before where it goes public to blame an individual for a loss.
I also think our kicker missing 4 p.a.ts didnt help the teams psyche going into SF.

Of course Jerry owes an apology to the fans. He's been lying to them since he fired Jimmy and then annoited himself GM in 2002. Remember, in the end in the whole scheme of things, Jerry is the puppet master.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#222 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 2, 2023 4:22 pm

Jerry and Stephan Announcing they would like to extend Dak's contract. Jerry also says he can see and is hoping Dak will be the QB for the Cowboys for 10 years. ARE YOU PHUCKING NUTS? And of course they also went on record in saying they want Elliott back which I am totally against. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#223 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 5, 2023 5:29 pm

All Jerry would be doing by extending Dak's contract is making it cheaper for next year but extending the dead money down the line witch defeats the whole purpose. Bite the bullet for this year so it will be easier to get rid of him after next season or season after. I see Dak has a no trade clause in his contract. yikes.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#224 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:24 pm

Before I chime in, can anyone please explain to me why Jimmy Johnson is not in the Cowboys Ring Of Honor, yet in the Hall of fame?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#225 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Before I chime in, can anyone please explain to me why Jimmy Johnson is not in the Cowboys Ring Of Honor, yet in the Hall of fame?

Jerry Jones
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#226 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Before I chime in, can anyone please explain to me why Jimmy Johnson is not in the Cowboys Ring Of Honor, yet in the Hall of fame?

Jerry Jones

Yes. I know that. Was wondering if you knew Jerry's reasoning behind his decision. I don't understand what is taking too long. I'm guessing it still comes down to ego.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#227 » by Mr B » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Jerry Jones

Yes. I know that. Was wondering if you knew Jerry's reasoning behind his decision. I don't understand what is taking too long. I'm guessing it still comes down to ego.

Ego and spite.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#228 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Jerry Jones

Ego and spite.

I guess some people just don't grow up when they hit 80. :crazy:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#229 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 4, 2023 4:02 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Mr B
RealGM

Post#230 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 4, 2023 4:19 am

More from Jerry

Read on Twitter
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#231 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Mar 4, 2023 4:36 am

When Dak was a rookie we actually had less money for others as the salary cap was only $155m in 2016 and today its $225m. That's $70m more space.

Also the best cast Dak has ever had around him was last season.

Overall I hate that Jerry said that though because that means no Hopkins. No push all in. He wants to go the BJJ route and play it cheap.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#232 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Mar 4, 2023 5:26 am

Micah Prescott wrote:When Dak was a rookie we actually had less money for others as the salary cap was only $155m in 2016 and today its $225m. That's $70m more space.

Overall I hate that Jerry said that though because that means no Hopkins. No push all in. He wants to go the BJJ route and play it cheap.

Wasn't Romo also taking up a good portion of the cap in Dak's first year?

As the cap has gone up, so have player salaries. So it's not really $70m more or whatever number you want to throw out.

But Jerry makes a valid point though. Dak's cap number will jump like $30M this year. Which is significant.

That's why the Eagles have such a stacked team currently. Because they're not paying Jalen Hurts. But that will change over the next few years.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#233 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Mar 4, 2023 1:53 pm

Wanna know why I ignore that old fool?

S**t like this…

Read on Twitter
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#234 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 4, 2023 3:12 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Wanna know why I ignore that old fool?

S**t like this…

Read on Twitter

Jerry must have forgot that Dak is already in his 7th season. Brady already had like 4 rings by then.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#235 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Mar 4, 2023 3:40 pm

To be fair I do not take that comment as though Jerry is suggesting that Dak can be as good as Brady was. He's just saying that Dak can improve deep into age as Brady did.

I do think in the modern NFL that QBs can peak out in their mid-30s. Which is scary to think about with Mahomes, he might win 10 MVPs and could actually top Brady.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#236 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Mar 4, 2023 3:45 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:When Dak was a rookie we actually had less money for others as the salary cap was only $155m in 2016 and today its $225m. That's $70m more space.

As the cap has gone up, so have player salaries. So it's not really $70m more or whatever number you want to throw out.

But Jerry makes a valid point though. Dak's cap number will jump like $30M this year. Which is significant.

That's why the Eagles have such a stacked team currently. Because they're not paying Jalen Hurts. But that will change over the next few years.

I think what happened is that the front office wanted to spend money on someone (like Hopkins) and came to the conclusion it was too expensive and now we have Jerry placing the blame on Dak's contract.

If they wanted to they could move Dak's money around to squeeze more players in. They did that with Romo.

It sucks because I actually do believe in Dak but NOT if it is just Dak without help. The guy needs weapons and every QB in the NFL not named Mahomes does. Dak basically had Lamb and no one else. He needs someone else to throw to.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#237 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 4, 2023 4:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter

Especially when Dak is being paid about 17 million dollars a year more than he's worth. This year Dak will be making more than Mahomes. Tell me whats wrong with that picture. Jerry you made your bed when you caved in going all in Dak when you had reservations, now you have to sleep in it. Another bad call and contract by Jerry. Onward through the fog.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#238 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 4, 2023 5:10 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I think what happened is that the front office wanted to spend money on someone (like Hopkins) and came to the conclusion it was too expensive and now we have Jerry placing the blame on Dak's contract.

If they wanted to they could move Dak's money around to squeeze more players in. They did that with Romo.

It sucks because I actually do believe in Dak but NOT if it is just Dak without help. The guy needs weapons and every QB in the NFL not named Mahomes does. Dak basically had Lamb and no one else. He needs someone else to throw to.

And if Dak wanted to he could redo his contract and take less money to put more pieces around him. As if he's worth 49.1 mill to begin with. Most of us in here posted 4 years ago posted Dak should get between 32-35 mill a year. So there is your main reason why we can add another piece for your boy. And in response to the other post, I don't see Dak getting better down the road. He has hit his ceiling and now we are seeing what you see what you get with Dak. Disgusting to even consider comparing him to Brady. Brady was always the smartest guy on the field. Dak is the dumbest QB we've had since Quincy Carter. I see no comparison at all there because in our case, you just can't fix stupid.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#239 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Mar 4, 2023 6:54 pm

Why do you think Dak is so dumb? Like Quincy Carter? I do see something those two have in common. But I'm wondering what convinced you that Dak is stupid?

Dak scored 25 on the wonderlic.

20 is "average".

Unlike most players Dak has a Bachelor's degree and a Masters degree and claims he is going to get his PHD when his football career is over.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#240 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Mar 4, 2023 7:56 pm

Mr B wrote:Jerry must have forgot that Dak is already in his 7th season. Brady already had like 4 rings by then.

That's the thing about those media sessions on the bus at Indy during the combine. Jerry is just unchecked, unhinged, and untethered. It's a dream for a reporter. For those of us who have been exposed to this crap for the last couple of decades, it's just pain.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Dallas Cowboys