Jerry... Jerry... Jerry...

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Re: Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#81 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat May 7, 2022 2:22 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:And for the record, that’s not the “sketchy” part of Harry Hines. The “sketchy” part is a few miles north of where this occurred at Harry Hines & Wolf. I bash Jerry at will but not for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Prostitution definitely takes place on Harry Hines just not that part.

Yeah. No one here confuses that part of Harry Hines with the Walnut Hill/Royal Lane sector of Harry Hines do they?

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,125

Post#82 » by Mr B » Sat May 7, 2022 2:29 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:And for the record, that’s not the “sketchy” part of Harry Hines. The “sketchy” part is a few miles north of where this occurred at Harry Hines & Wolf. I bash Jerry at will but not for this.

Prostitution definitely takes place on Harry Hines just not that part.

Yeah. No one here confuses that part of Harry Hines with the Walnut Hill/Royal Lane sector of Harry Hines do they?

I have a buddy that lives in the Walnut Hill/Webb Chapel area and I have to drive through that part of Harry Hines whenever I visit him. That part of Harry Hines is super sketchy in the day time much less at night.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,344

Post#83 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:09 pm

Jerry continues to screw the pooch year after year. Should be real interesting on how he tries to fix our current WR problem.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#84 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:15 pm

Once again Jerry can't help himself with His comments today. After doing absolutely nothing in the off season, botching the draft and losing valuable assets along the way, Jerry is now committed to making things better. Sad part is the new young generation cowboys fans will fall for anything he sells to them. Way to go Jerry. Your the best.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#85 » by Mr B » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:14 pm

Yea don’t understand why you’re not going after Stephen more. He’s more in control of the team at this point than Jerry is. In fact I don’t understand why the entire fan base is going after Stephen. He’s the money man now not Jerry.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#86 » by linery88 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:16 am

imo-Jerry still thinks he is the Owner/GM/Coach of the team,and projects that image always,and I think Stephen is hamstrung by him.Stephen is no longer in any position to help the team unless Jerry likes it.Sort of like how head coaches who have coached here have to decide whether or not they can deal with Jerry while trying to coach the team to a SB.Its too bad.The team was closer to a SB last year,and the year before that even.Drafting well is the only thing that can help them at this point.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#87 » by Mr B » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:46 pm

linery88 wrote:imo-Jerry still thinks he is the Owner/GM/Coach of the team,and projects that image always,and I think Stephen is hamstrung by him.Stephen is no longer in any position to help the team unless Jerry likes it.Sort of like how head coaches who have coached here have to decide whether or not they can deal with Jerry while trying to coach the team to a SB.Its too bad.The team was closer to a SB last year,and the year before that even.Drafting well is the only thing that can help them at this point.

I don’t see it that way at all. Jerry has always prided himself on being a gambler. He’s even referred to himself as a “Wildcatter”. He’s never been scared to mortgage the teams future by trading away premium draft picks for Star players and definitely never been scared to blame out huge (and stupid) contracts to free agents.

Somewhere around 2014 that all changed though. Stephen took a bigger role with the finances and Will McClay took over the scouting and drafting of players. Jerry is basically just the face of the franchise. He’s the frontman. Stephen at this point though is pulling the strings.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#88 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:49 pm

linery88 wrote:imo-Jerry still thinks he is the Owner/GM/Coach of the team,and projects that image always,and I think Stephen is hamstrung by him.Stephen is no longer in any position to help the team unless Jerry likes it.Sort of like how head coaches who have coached here have to decide whether or not they can deal with Jerry while trying to coach the team to a SB.Its too bad.The team was closer to a SB last year,and the year before that even.Drafting well is the only thing that can help them at this point.

Thank you. Some in here can't see what has been in front of their eyes for 20 years and running. I'm sure Jerry will be on local and national media 4 more times this week with the State of Cowboys Union addresses to sell his losing garbage to the Cowboy dullards.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#89 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:51 pm

Mr B wrote:

I don’t see it that way at all. Jerry has always prided himself on being a gambler. He’s even referred to himself as a “Wildcatter”. He’s never been scared to mortgage the teams future by trading away premium draft picks for Star players and definitely never been scared to blame out huge (and stupid) contracts to free agents.

Somewhere around 2014 that all changed though. Stephen took a bigger role with the finances and Will McClay took over the scouting and drafting of players. Jerry is basically just the face of the franchise. He’s the frontman. Stephen at this point though is pulling the strings.

You are getting blind my friend. We hardly ever disagree but you are bonkers on this one. Sorry.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:32 pm

Mr B wrote:

I won't say that Jerry has completely divested himself of being the voice & face of the franchise (you didn't either) but I agree completely with you about Stephen. He has a far more significant voice in the daily operations of this thing and the time parameters you mentioned are spot on. No one will ever stop Jerry from making those noises he makes when a microphone is shoved in front of him. But when we listen to Stephen, more and more we hear his dad with the gibberish that comes out of his mouth and ESPECIALLY when he talks about cap space & team finances.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#91 » by Mr B » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:59 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I won't say that Jerry has completely divested himself of being the voice & face of the franchise (you didn't either) but I agree completely with you about Stephen. He has a far more significant voice in the daily operations of this thing and the time parameters you mentioned are spot on. No one will ever stop Jerry from making those noises he makes when a microphone is shoved in front of him. But when we listen to Stephen, more and more we hear his dad with the gibberish that comes out of his mouth and ESPECIALLY when he talks about cap space & team finances.

The biggest difference between he and his dad is Jerry would foolishly spend money and Stephen foolishly avoids spending money.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,167

Post#92 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:00 pm

In this footage from 2019 we can see that it is Stephen who is working the draft trades and pulling the strings. When he has a trade in place he does look for an okay from not only Jerry but from also the Offensive Line coach and the others. But all in all if there is only one person in charge here it is Stephen.

I think when we argue over who is in charge of picks a lot of the time it turns into a black and white convo when the reality is that there is no ONE person in charge. A big board is created by an entire group of people. Dating back before Jimmy even. And all involved in the meetings are being swayed and informed from multiple scouts. The reality of drafting is that it is ALWAYS the result of a group effort and never just one individual.

Another interesting facet of this video is that Shy Anderson is seen involved. (Jerry's grandson)

Shy is probably being groomed to be next in line after Stephen.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#93 » by Mr B » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:45 am

Micah Prescott wrote:

In this footage from 2019 we can see that it is Stephen who is working the draft trades and pulling the strings. When he has a trade in place he does look for an okay from not only Jerry but from also the Offensive Line coach and the others. But all in all if there is only one person in charge here it is Stephen.

I think when we argue over who is in charge of picks a lot of the time it turns into a black and white convo when the reality is that there is no ONE person in charge. A big board is created by an entire group of people. Dating back before Jimmy even. And all involved in the meetings are being swayed and informed from multiple scouts. The reality of drafting is that it is ALWAYS the result of a group effort and never just one individual.

Another interesting facet of this video is that Shy Anderson is seen involved. (Jerry's grandson)

**** Spaulding. Take a good look at the future owner of the franchise.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#94 » by linery88 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Thank you. Some in here can't see what has been in front of their eyes for 20 years and running. I'm sure Jerry will be on local and national media 4 more times this week with the State of Cowboys Union addresses to sell his losing garbage to the Cowboy dullards.

Good luck Cooper Rush....Good luck Cowboys.Why,because it looks like they will be relying on luck this season.
No discipline...still taking a bunch of false start penalties on Sunday.When Smith went down that was it.Dak looked terrible because he knew Smith wouldn,t be there to protect his blindside on Sunday.No Amari Cooper...another safety net for Dak gone....thats 2 big ones.
The best chance they had to win a SB was 2015 with Dez,and then they got robbed in GB.
They led the league in Rushing with Demarco Murray,and had the best O-line in the league for Romo.
They also had a shot with Dak,but he got hurt.
Until Cooper,and Gregory left,I thought they were doing an okay job with personnel,but not anymore.Letting Gregory,and Cooper go made no **** sense at all,so its going to be another **** all year-imo. :banghead:
Good luck Cooper Rush....Good luck Cowboys!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#95 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:21 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Good luck Cooper Rush....Good luck Cowboys.Why,because it looks like they will be relying on luck this season.
No discipline...still taking a bunch of false start penalties on Sunday.When Smith went down that was it.Dak looked terrible because he knew Smith wouldn,t be there to protect his blindside on Sunday.No Amari Cooper...another safety net for Dak gone....thats 2 big ones.
The best chance they had to win a SB was 2015 with Dez,and then they got robbed in GB.
They led the league in Rushing with Demarco Murray,and had the best O-line in the league for Romo.
They also had a shot with Dak,but he got hurt.
Until Cooper,and Gregory left,I thought they were doing an okay job with personnel,but not anymore.Letting Gregory,and Cooper go made no **** sense at all,so its going to be another **** all year-imo. :banghead:
Good luck Cooper Rush....Good luck Cowboys!

:falloff: :falloff: :falloff:
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#96 » by linery88 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

Stephen did a good job in the draft(Or so it was reported) so i hope it continues,and that he has the authority on final decisions,but we all know Jerry.Maybe Stephen will convince Jerry to put Jimmy in the ring of honor.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#97 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:06 pm

This is interesting. Jerry would fight it tooth and nail but if the Dallas mayor is successful in his pitch to bring another NFL team to Dallas I really think that team would have a very solid fan base. There are a lot of people in Dallas that feel the same way BJJ does and have completely written off the Cowboys because of Jerry. Plus the mayors plan is for the team to have a stadium actually within the Dallas city limits. The question is would it be a new franchise or would an existing team move to Dallas, if so which team?

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=UtjN6B9wrA1ybBblyXjlfg
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,167

Post#98 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:25 pm

I'd be all for a second team in Dallas. I don't even think that team would be much of a threat to the Cowboys as so much of the Cowboys fan base is spread out all over the US. The Cowboys are the only team where you can find fans in any US city.

It might even help the Cowboys as I could see that creating a huge rivalry within Dallas.

It would end up being like Cowboys/Yankees and the new team is the Mets. And honestly I do not know why Mets fans choose that team over the Yankees. Or are Mets fans generally also Yankee fans?

I think if there were a second Dallas team it would probably end up being my 2nd team and I'm sure I'd root for them if playing anyone not named the Cowboys.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:33 pm

Mr B wrote:This is interesting. Jerry would fight it tooth and nail but if the Dallas mayor is successful in his pitch to bring another NFL team to Dallas I really think that team would have a very solid fan base. There are a lot of people in Dallas that feel the same way BJJ does and have completely written off the Cowboys because of Jerry. Plus the mayors plan is for the team to have a stadium actually within the Dallas city limits. The question is would it be a new franchise or would an existing team move to Dallas, if so which team?

Read on Twitter

If I lived in Dallas (instead of 60 miles north) and my mayor was advocating updating Fair park and using the Cotton Bowl to lure another team or razing the old Convention Center for a new arena to lure another franchise or building a baseball park to lure another MLB team here instead of simple things that benefit the city like fixing roads that are a complete mess, I think I'd be looking for a new mayor. Because Eric Johnson is an idiot.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#100 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:26 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:This is interesting. Jerry would fight it tooth and nail but if the Dallas mayor is successful in his pitch to bring another NFL team to Dallas I really think that team would have a very solid fan base. There are a lot of people in Dallas that feel the same way BJJ does and have completely written off the Cowboys because of Jerry. Plus the mayors plan is for the team to have a stadium actually within the Dallas city limits. The question is would it be a new franchise or would an existing team move to Dallas, if so which team?

Read on Twitter

If I lived in Dallas (instead of 60 miles north) and my mayor was advocating updating Fair park and using the Cotton Bowl to lure another team or razing the old Convention Center for a new arena to lure another franchise or building a baseball park to lure another MLB team here instead of simple things that benefit the city like fixing roads that are a complete mess, I think I'd be looking for a new mayor. Because Eric Johnson is an idiot.

You underestimate the hatred most Dallas sports fans have for Jerry Jones. Also they would not be playing in the Cotton Bowl. There is a huge plot of land in the Southern Sector of Dallas near the Trinity River (close to the bridge) where they would build the new stadium. At least that’s what was proposed before the old Dallas sea hag, I mean mayor Laura Miller, vetoed the vote saying Dallas doesn’t need any sports teams and if it were up to her we wouldn’t have any pro sports teams. A new stadium there would mean tons of jobs and it would mean that area around the stadium would be cleaned up immensely. As a citizen of the city of Dallas I personally would love to see that.

Return to Dallas Cowboys