Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,328

Re: Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#301 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:05 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Finally !!!! About time and way over due. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :party:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#302 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Finally !!!! About time and way over due. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :party:

Does this mean the curse is over?

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#303 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:05 pm

I think all Dallas fans are aware of the Jimmy and the Ring, but I don't think many are familiar with a supposed "curse".

A curse makes no sense to me either with Dallas winning a ring 2 years after Jimmy left. Did the curse officially start 3 years later?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#304 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I think all Dallas fans are aware of the Jimmy and the Ring, but I don't think many are familiar with a supposed "curse".

A curse makes no sense to me either with Dallas winning a ring 2 years after Jimmy left. Did the curse officially start 3 years later?

Jimmy was coaching the Dolphins and wasn’t eligible for the HOF or ROH. He deserved to be in n the ROH from the moment he retired. The fact that Jerry refused to put him in is the reason for the curse … allegedly.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#305 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:11 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I think all Dallas fans are aware of the Jimmy and the Ring, but I don't think many are familiar with a supposed "curse".

Jimmy was coaching the Dolphins and wasn’t eligible for the HOF or ROH. He deserved to be in n the ROH from the moment he retired. The fact that Jerry refused to put him in is the reason for the curse … allegedly.

Ah okay I see, so it started in 1999… allegedly

fair enough
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#306 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:13 pm

I mean, that would actually be kind of freaky if Dallas shocked the NFL and won a ring this season after Jimmy was put in.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,006

Post#307 » by Fierce1 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:09 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I mean, that would actually be kind of freaky if Dallas shocked the NFL and won a ring this season after Jimmy was put in.

That's really possible.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#308 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:02 pm

I don’t care what “reason” Jerry is using to finally do what he should have done a long, long time ago.

Personally - I think the Rangers winning the World Series moved the needle but I’m a Jerry skeptic in long standing and view him as a petty old goat who can’t stand the other local teams having a moment in the sun that they can call their own but that’s just me.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#309 » by Mr B » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:28 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I don’t care what “reason” Jerry is using to finally do what he should have done a long, long time ago.

Personally - I think the Rangers winning the World Series moved the needle but I’m a Jerry skeptic in long standing and view him as a petty old goat who can’t stand the other local teams having a moment in the sun that they can call their own but that’s just me.

OR… he got some bad news from his doctor and finally made the decision to induct Jimmy before either of them die.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#310 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:05 am

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:I don’t care what “reason” Jerry is using to finally do what he should have done a long, long time ago.

OR… he got some bad news from his doctor and finally made the decision to induct Jimmy before either of them die.

He's 81... he knows any day could be his day.

Better late than never. I'm glad these two were able to put their diffences behind them and celebrate the great success they had.

Way way way too many Cowboy fans look back at all that with negativity. When in reality it was one the greatest dynasties ever created. And they both deserve credit, niether could have done it without the other.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#311 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:43 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Absolutely not. Jerry said in a press conference after the Washington game that he was never prouder of Dak and this team. I wonder how he feel now. Remember, Jerry was the one that set the Super bowl bar this year. And as usual, the young, new generation fans fell for it. You just can't make this sh.t up.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#312 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:13 pm

Jerry is keeping Mike McCarthy on the hot seat. Evaluating week to week seems to be Jerry's motivation.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#313 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jerry is keeping Mike McCarthy on the hot seat. Evaluating week to week seems to be Jerry's motivation.

I still think if he doesn’t get to at least the NFC Championship game the McCarthy is gone.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#314 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:55 am

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. What the hell are you doing? I just can't make any sense of your latest decision. I think I need to be sedated. :banghead: :ouch: :droop: :cry: :sad:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#315 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:37 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The curse of Jerry has never been stronger. Onward through the fog.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#316 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:02 pm

Great Job Jerry. Why restructure Dak's contract at all. Now we already have a cap hit of about 40 mill in 2025 whether he is here or not. Jerry is just as much of a loser as Dak. If it wasn't for Jimmy Johnson (the only good thing Jerry ever did and fired him to) he would have the resume of the Jets and Browns owner after 35 years of ownership.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#317 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Couldn't help myself again when I saw this. Wow. Going into the season we were a better team with DEPTH. Really Jerry. He proves every year, week to week, he is just not a competent football guy. Why won't you fire yourself? Is it because you would have to admit you were wrong about Jimmy? You've had 20 years to prove yourself or admit you were wrong. Can we please move forward now? Step aside just for 3 years. Give a top notch coach the power and :banghead: chance to bring success and happiness to Cowboy nation. Your 20 year failure gives us no hope moving forward.

We were having these discussions 9 years ago when myself, Otis and Mr. B. Joined realgm. We were already complaining about Jerry's performance before these last 9 years kicked in. I also remember having these exact conversations on Sportshoopla, Dallas cowboy universe and ESPN dating all the way back to the mid 2000's.When it comes to Jerry its not like we didn't see it coming. Never thought in a million years this once proud franchise with such rich history would have turned out to be this bad. If it wasn't for Jimmy Johnson, Jerry's resume as an owner would be beyond lousy.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#318 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:24 pm

One of my favorite Twitter follows with as sage advise that can be mustered when it comes to this team…

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Dallas Cowboys