ImageImageImageImage

Jerry... Jerry... Jerry...

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Re: Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#281 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:36 am

Hey Jerry. You gonna tell McCarthy and Dak to take a bow after their play calling, play and 13 turnovers?
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#282 » by linery88 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:50 am

Jerry actually said something good while talking up the 49ers before this game.He should have just kept it to himself.What is he doing? No other owners say anything that could mess with the players/coaches like he does.
I also think blaming Dak for last years loss to SF is stupid on his part,and imagine how it made Dak look,and feel.Everytime Jerry opens his mouth Dak must cringe and be relieved when its not about him.Same goes McCarthy who Jerry has also said public words about.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#283 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:42 pm

linery88 wrote:Jerry actually said something good while talking up the 49ers before this game.He should have just kept it to himself.What is he doing? No other owners say anything that could mess with the players/coaches like he does.
I also think blaming Dak for last years loss to SF is stupid on his part,and imagine how it made Dak look,and feel.Everytime Jerry opens his mouth Dak must cringe and be relieved when its not about him.Same goes McCarthy who Jerry has also said public words about.

I wonder what Jerry will think at the end of the season when guys like C.D. Lamb and Micah Parsons come to his office and tell Jerry they want to be traded or become free agents at the end of their contracts instead of resigning If Prescott and McCarthy return after this season. I mean think about it now. Who the hell wants to waste their careers here when Prescott and McCarthy are steering the ship. And who the hell would want to come here. Changes need to be made right now to salvage the season and the short term future.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#284 » by linery88 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:50 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:Jerry actually said something good while talking up the 49ers before this game.He should have just kept it to himself.What is he doing? No other owners say anything that could mess with the players/coaches like he does.

I wonder what Jerry will think at the end of the season when guys like C.D. Lamb and Micah Parsons come to his office and tell Jerry they want to be traded or become free agents at the end of their contracts instead of resigning If Prescott and McCarthy return after this season. I mean think about it now. Who the hell wants to waste their careers here when Prescott and McCarthy are steering the ship. And who the hell would want to come here. Changes need to be made right now to salvage the season and the short term future.

They should be focused on helping Dak be a better QB.
Not seeing that explosiveness,and Jerry continues to try to put it all on Dak.
Where the **** has Brandon Cooks been.Is he hurt ? He is fast.
More 2 step ,three,or 4 step drops again,and more TE sets could help Dak,and this offense.This isnt that hard to figure out,and give it a shot,but will they.We will see how smartly or stupidly they adapt.
And Jerry ,just put Jimmy in the ring,and fire yourself as GM-"Like/Lite",and hire a competent one. :noway:
I knew that Diggs injury would bite us real bad.
With Vanderesh out..who knows what happens when playing a bad team.SD gonna be either a 1 point win or 1 point loss-imo.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#285 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:27 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

More 2 step ,three,or 4 step drops again,and more TE sets could help Dak,and this offense.This isnt that hard to figure out,and give it a shot,but will they.We will see how smartly or stupidly they adapt.
And Jerry ,just put Jimmy in the ring,and fire yourself as GM-"Like/Lite",and hire a competent one. :noway:
With Vanderesh out..who knows what happens when playing a bad team.SD gonna be either a 1 point win or 1 point loss-imo.

All they have done is cater to Dak since he took over for Romo. He's had great O-lines and running games. Got him all kinds of weapons in the passing game over the years. replaced coaches and coordinators for him. I mean, what else do you want them to do after 8 years? I told you all in here 2 years ago that he wasn't the guy. How much more do you need to see? On top of that Dak is getting almost 50 mill a year for his efforts. Prescott has it rather easy this year. It's not all on him. Far from it. All he has to do is game manage and take care of the ball for Christ sake. But he can't even do that. However there are times and will be times Dumb Dak and the offense will have to be better. We can't have it all on the defense either. I guess its too much to ask Prescott to come through once in awhile despite the huge investment in him.
On the Cook's matter, have you seen his numbers? No, he is not hurt. Its just hard for him to put up numbers when you don't even get any targets.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#286 » by linery88 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:07 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I wonder what Jerry will think at the end of the season when guys like C.D. Lamb and Micah Parsons come to his office and tell Jerry they want to be traded or become free agents at the end of their contracts instead of resigning If Prescott and McCarthy return after this season. I mean think about it now. Who the hell wants to waste their careers here when Prescott and McCarthy are steering the ship. And who the hell would want to come here. Changes need to be made right now to salvage the season and the short term future.

All they have done is cater to Dak since he took over for Romo. He's had great O-lines and running games. Got him all kinds of weapons in the passing game over the years. replaced coaches and coordinators for him. I mean, what else do you want them to do after 8 years? I told you all in here 2 years ago that he wasn't the guy. How much more do you need to see? On top of that Dak is getting almost 50 mill a year for his efforts. Prescott has it rather easy this year. It's not all on him. Far from it. All he has to do is game manage and take care of the ball for Christ sake. But he can't even do that. However there are times and will be times Dumb Dak and the offense will have to be better. We can't have it all on the defense either. I guess its too much to ask Prescott to come through once in awhile despite the huge investment in him.
On the Cook's matter, have you seen his numbers? No, he is not hurt. Its just hard for him to put up numbers when you don't even get any targets.

I was talking about right now.
What we have to do in order to win now.Things they did last night helped.
They did it with motion,and weren`t standing still,and finally decided to use Cooks in the running/passing game.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#287 » by linery88 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:29 am

Jerry, and all the other owners should be switching to the turf you use in Britain.Nothing but complaints from most of the players now.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10055511-cooper-kupp-more-nfl-players-advocate-for-grass-fields-over-turf-amid-safety-debate
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#288 » by Mr B » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I wonder what Jerry will think at the end of the season when guys like C.D. Lamb and Micah Parsons come to his office and tell Jerry they want to be traded or become free agents at the end of their contracts instead of resigning If Prescott and McCarthy return after this season. I mean think about it now. Who the hell wants to waste their careers here when Prescott and McCarthy are steering the ship. And who the hell would want to come here. Changes need to be made right now to salvage the season and the short term future.

They also have provided Dak with a top 5 defense. I know the reigning thought is that Dak isn’t going anywhere because of his contract however they do actually have an out after the 2024 season (as long as they don’t extend his contract). He’s signed through 2026 however the last 2 years of his contract are voidable. He has a $59M cap hit in 2024 which would be brutal but if they can find a way to withstand that cap hit without reworking his contract they can allow him to walk after the 2024 season with zero cap hit. So difficult but not impossible.

The real question is who would they get to replace Dak? I want to give Lance a chance however NOT in MM’s offense. That would be setting Lance up for failure in my opinion. I would say hire a new HC/OC, draft a QB in the middle rounds (as high as 2nd round) and allow him to compete with Lance for the starting job.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#289 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:27 pm

Dallas is not a top-5 defense. We are in the 7-8 range statistically.

Cleveland has a next level D. They beat SF without any offense at all.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#290 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:58 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:

They did it with motion,and weren`t standing still,and finally decided to use Cooks in the running/passing game.

Play calling is horrendous for starters because the team is afraid of Dak giving away games with turnovers. Players on the other side have already stated they know what's coming due to the lack of imagination in McCarthy's scheme. I personally think they should open the playbook up when the match ups are favorable. Chargers are 31 vs. defending the pass and I thought they should have thrown the ball a lot more last game. I mean what the hell was the point of bringing Cooks in here. And if we are not going to use Lamb we should trade him. He is going to want top money but it won't be deserving or smart to pay out that kind of money for a handful of targets a game. We finally get one of our most talented teams in almost 2 decades and its like nobody knows what to do with it. And the reason why nobody knows what to really do is because we have an owner and GM with an ego that doesn't allow the team and organization to climb over that last hurdle.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#291 » by Mr B » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:34 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Dallas is not a top-5 defense. We are in the 7-8 range statistically.

They were top 5 last year.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#292 » by Mr B » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Play calling is horrendous for starters because the team is afraid of Dak giving away games with turnovers. Players on the other side have already stated they know what's coming due to the lack of imagination in McCarthy's scheme. I personally think they should open the playbook up when the match ups are favorable. Chargers are 31 vs. defending the pass and I thought they should have thrown the ball a lot more last game. I mean what the hell was the point of bringing Cooks in here. And if we are not going to use Lamb we should trade him. He is going to want top money but it won't be deserving or smart to pay out that kind of money for a handful of targets a game. We finally get one of our most talented teams in almost 2 decades and its like nobody knows what to do with it. And the reason why nobody knows what to really do is because we have an owner and GM with an ego that doesn't allow the team and organization to climb over that last hurdle.

You’re not wrong. They did scale the offense WAY back because of all the interceptions Dak had last year. They may have knee jerked too hard though. Running only short routes, slants, and screens negates the whole reason they brought in Cooks. All off season we heard about how fast Cooks looks and how he’s going to be able to take the top off of defenses. Well not if they don’t call the plays. They need to mix in some deeper routes. Unless this team makes a serious turnaround the clock is ticking on McCarty (and Dak’s) time in Dallas.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#293 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:51 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dallas is not a top-5 defense. We are in the 7-8 range statistically.

Not really, they were 12th overall in yards given up per game. #5 overall on PPG, so they barely sneak in by that metric.

Point is irrelevant though because they won up until they faced the #1 defense.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#294 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:56 am

It's like sure, Dak had a good cast last season. But he beat everyone until he ran into a QB with a better cast, Purdy.

And instead of viewing it through the lens of Dak vs Purdy, It should be seen as the 49ers had a better TEAM than the Dallas Cowboys. Because that's what it was.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#295 » by linery88 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:41 am

They have to play the same way they did Monday night...same kind of playcalling,motion...etc..They showed some good things Monday night,and it was a huge relief that they won before their bye.
The Oline has to practice more run blocking in practice.

Hope Jerry muzzles himself before games against good teams.That SF loss was really hard to take because of his pre game lovefest comments.
He probably wont though.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#296 » by linery88 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:48 am

Mr B wrote:

I wonder if Cle would have beat SF if Deebo,and McC werent hurt.
Kinda funny though they way SF came into the stadium and tried to push the Browns around before the game,and then lost.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#297 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:03 pm

Dallas defense did amazing vs Ekeler.

But they were not so great with pressure and sacks. Only 1 sack the whole game and it was Parsons at the end.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#298 » by linery88 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:28 pm

Need to prep for good teams now Jerry.Dont compliment the Eagles this week.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#299 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:21 pm

linery88 wrote:Need to prep for good teams now Jerry.Dont compliment the Eagles this week.

We also need to prep Trey lance and get him ready for the second half of the season and playoffs for when Dumb Dak crashes and burns.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#300 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:04 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to Dallas Cowboys