azcatz11 wrote:I have the cowboys missing the playoffs

I'm sure you do.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Re: Jerry... Jerry... Jerry... 

Post#263 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:15 pm

You also had the Egals beating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl last year for $500.00. :waaa: You should watch more of the Chief games and the other games as well. You learn more about the teams your betting on. Watching desperate house wives isn't going to improve your winning percentage.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,554

Post#264 » by azcatz11 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

You also had the Egals beating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl last year for $500.00. :waaa:

$800 actually. Cowboys are in a state of turmoil with the Martin situation and Dak is quickly becoming a bottom half QB. I guess the NFC could save them but yeah…I have them 3rd in the east right now unless things drastically change
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#265 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:23 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

You also had the Egals beating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl last year for $500.00. :waaa:

$800 actually. Cowboys are in a state of turmoil with the Martin situation and Dak is quickly becoming a bottom half QB. I guess the NFC could save them but yeah…I have them 3rd in the east right now unless things drastically change

Will you be making that adjustment in your annual player rankings this season? Can't wait for that. I started telling the boys in the general last week it was coming. just trying to make you famous around here. :bowdown:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#266 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:27 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Martin will be back in camp eventually. I actually have Dallas winning the division. The Giants could finish 2nd. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#267 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:28 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

So where have you been all these years. Cowboys have been in turmoil since Jerry anointed himself as GM in 2002. We go through this crap every year. Its the curse of Jerry. I put Dumb Dak outside the top 12 3 years ago. Taking shots at Prescott doesn't bother me at all. I think he sucks anyway and is the weakest link on out team. Micah might disagree with you on Dak, but not me. You need other material. Anyways, onward through the fog.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#268 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You also had the Egals beating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl last year for $500.00. :waaa:

Martin will be back in camp eventually. I actually have Dallas winning the division. The Giants could finish 2nd. :wink:

Giants will finish in the basement. :wizard: :wave:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#269 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:33 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Daboll can coach man. He makes Daniel Jones look competent.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#270 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:37 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Martin will be back in camp eventually. I actually have Dallas winning the division. The Giants could finish 2nd. :wink:

DC's will look at the film from next year and make adjustment to those adjustment. Outside of 3 players, they have no talent. I'm way more worried about Washington. I have absolutely no fear of the Giants.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#271 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 1, 2023 2:48 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I wouldn’t exactly call the Zack Martin “situation” being in turmoil. Zack Martin is under contract and has no leverage in getting his current contract redone. He will just continue to lose money until he shows up. I’m betting he’s not going to be willing sit out the whole season and lose all the money he would have gotten paid this year (on top of owing the money for the fines).

You might be right about Dak though. That’s yet to be seen.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#272 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 1, 2023 8:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Martin will be back in camp eventually. I actually have Dallas winning the division. The Giants could finish 2nd. :wink:

Too bad he doesn't have any talent outside of Barkley and a couple defensive players. DC's will adjust after watching film on their new scheme. Danny Dimes will be worth nickles after this season.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#273 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 1, 2023 8:22 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Giants will finish in the basement. :wizard: :wave:

Too bad he doesn't have any talent outside of Barkley and a couple defensive players. DC's will adjust after watching film on their new scheme. Danny Dimes will be worth nickles after this season.

That's my point. He got the Giants into the playoffs with a roster that wasn't that great. Saquon was really their only threat. Jones had his best year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#274 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 1, 2023 8:29 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Daboll can coach man. He makes Daniel Jones look competent.

That's my point. He got the Giants into the playoffs with a roster that wasn't that great. Saquon was really their only threat. Jones had his best year.

They were also on the lucky side of about 6 or 7 one score games last year. That won't happen this season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#275 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 2, 2023 5:01 pm

Well, it appears Jerry is still the representative for the Cowboys for the 27th year in a row when addressing the press and media. All ready running his mouth all over the place. Keeps repeating the same mistakes but expecting different results.
Run the ball more (but draft Cooks), less Int's, got to get better, Zack Martin, making things more simple for Dak (told ya he was stupid), lack of running back depth if Pollard doesn't hold up, the Jerry expectations, last week telling everyone we are contenders if ..., then says we will be in the thick of it, come and get us. 21.6 mill of cap space and we can't sign our best offensive player. So here we go again and the season hasn't even started. Talk about onward through the fog.
I'm getting a vibe that there is no stability, confidence or belief in the offensive side of the ball. We already know how most feel about Dak. Not even going to get into that right now. Our best player on offense is not happy and holding out. Jerry passes it off as nothing with an additude last week. Doesn't matter which part of the country you live or go, when the Cowboys are mentioned everyone wants to talk about their defense. Still hearing all the Dak and McCarthy jokes on a daily basis. Christ I can't even go to the grocery store wearing a Cowboy t-shirt or something without a Giant or Patriot fan saying "How much longer you guys gonna keep Tony Romo Jr.?" Now all of a sudden with all the Dak issues, Martin is holding out, everyone seems to be questioning the depth of our running game and if Pollard can carry the load all season. McCarthy tells everyone before the draft that he wanted to run the ball more in a modern day passing league and yet we don't shore up that position. Instead we sign Cooks and let Schultz go. So my question is what the hell are we doing here? What is the plan? What is the direction? Where are we heading here? When is the fog going to clear because I can see tom Landry rolling in his grave over this one.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#276 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 3, 2023 3:43 pm

I guess Jerry just can't help himself once again. Told Philly, Washington and the rest of the NFL yesterday, "You better be on your best game because we will." Not exactly sure what he was trying to accomplish with those remarks but I took it as the Cowboys will be on their best game.
I hope that means we won't see between 8-12 penalties a game, half of which come on 3 or 4th down or when we reach the red zone. I hope that means Dak won't lead the league in INt's like last year and fumbles the year before. I hope that means McCarthy all of a sudden handle time management issues. I hope that means we won't continue to turn the ball over on downs in our own end and put the defense in horrible situations let alone the high number of pick 6's. I hope that means we show up every week and don't lay an egg vs. the crappy teams in the league. I hope that means we finally show up and play at a high level vs. the elite teams in the league. I also hope that means we are capable of winning more than one playoff game a year. I hope that means we show up and play beyond the divisional round.
Just thought it was an awful quote by Jerry to be honest. I mean in the last 27 years, when have we ever been on our best game come playoff time should we make the playoffs?
Jerry does love stealing the NFL headlines and always drawing attention. So here we go again, Jerry trying to convince the new generation fans that this is the year once again.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#277 » by Mr B » Thu Aug 3, 2023 9:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I guess Jerry just can't help himself once again. Told Philly, Washington and the rest of the NFL yesterday, "You better be on your best game because we will." Not exactly sure what he was trying to accomplish with those remarks but I took it as the Cowboys will be on their best game.
I hope that means we won't see between 8-12 penalties a game, half of which come on 3 or 4th down or when we reach the red zone. I hope that means Dak won't lead the league in INt's like last year and fumbles the year before. I hope that means McCarthy all of a sudden handle time management issues. I hope that means we won't continue to turn the ball over on downs in our own end and put the defense in horrible situations let alone the high number of pick 6's. I hope that means we show up every week and don't lay an egg vs. the crappy teams in the league. I hope that means we finally show up and play at a high level vs. the elite teams in the league. I also hope that means we are capable of winning more than one playoff game a year. I hope that means we show up and play beyond the divisional round.
Just thought it was an awful quote by Jerry to be honest. I mean in the last 27 years, when have we ever been on our best game come playoff time should we make the playoffs?
Jerry does love stealing the NFL headlines and always drawing attention. So here we go again, Jerry trying to convince the new generation fans that this is the year once again.

I don’t have a problem with Jerry having confidence in his team. He should have confidence in them. He’s spent a **** ton of money to put an elite team on the field. I honestly don’t even have a problem with anything he’s said this off season. He’s hasn’t guaranteed a Super Bowl win or anything like that. Could he have just said “no comment” sure but the marketing genius side of him has to make a comment. Also I bet if you asked any other owner the same question they would say the exact same thing. The thing is no one gives a crap about those teams. This is the Cowboys so it wouldn’t really matter if Jerry was quiet or not the media (and fans) would blow it up into something big.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#278 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 8, 2023 12:44 pm

Not even going to get into the Jerry comments this morning regarding the Zack Martin situation. The curse of Jerry lives on. So proud of our GM. :droop: :ouch: :clown: :talkhand: Its Jerry time now and he has to do his early part in botching the season before it even starts. These issues and this type of leadership is not how championship caliber teams are heading into a season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#279 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:22 pm

So this latest move by Jerry is typical Jerry. We've seen it many times over the past 28 years. And you all know how hard I have been on Jerry as well over all these years. He imho has done his share of botchings things on his won end that have set us back at times, bad contracts, Roy Williams trade, etc., etc. We've already had those discussions till we were all blue in the face. Time will tell how this latest move works out. What should be most disturbing to us all is Jerry had to use this move to motivate Dak and McCarthy after they both scapegoated Kellen Moore after last season. After 8 years of being QB of the Dallas Cowboys (America's Team), Dak still needs to be motivated after getting his way and spoon fed all these years. What does that say about Dak?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#280 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:19 pm

Jerry feeling his oats again. Telling the media this week McCarthy should take a bow. Really. After only 2 games in.

Return to Dallas Cowboys