ImageImageImageImage

The Expendables

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Re: The Expendables 

Post#41 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 5, 2016 2:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I heard about the Cowboys trying to get a 3ird round pick for Leary the other day. Someone is trying to make up for the picks we lost with Matt Cassell and Christain Michael.

Can they offer him up in trade now that the season is over and he's set to be a free agent?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 7, 2016 10:04 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#43 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:43 am

Leary is an RFA. But there is precedent here. Wes Welker was a RFA in 2007. According to Wikipedia, the Patriots traded a 2 and 7 to the Dolphins for him and then signed him to a contract. So it seems it could happen although the team trading for him wants him enough.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

The Expendables 

Post#44 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:30 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:Leary is an RFA. But there is precedent here. Wes Welker was a RFA in 2007. According to Wikipedia, the Patriots traded a 2 and 7 to the Dolphins for him and then signed him to a contract. So it seems it could happen although the team trading for him wants him enough.

Are you sure he's a Restricted Free Agent? I could have sworn that he's Unrestricted.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:45 am

Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Leary is an RFA. But there is precedent here. Wes Welker was a RFA in 2007. According to Wikipedia, the Patriots traded a 2 and 7 to the Dolphins for him and then signed him to a contract. So it seems it could happen although the team trading for him wants him enough.

Are you sure he's a Restricted Free Agent? I could have sworn that he's Unrestricted.

Double checked before I posted. I've been accused of talking out of my arce once or twice in another forum I choose not to look at or acknowledge anymore.

He's a RFA.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:41 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Double checked before I posted. I've been accused of talking out of my arce once or twice in another forum I choose not to look at or acknowledge anymore.

He's a RFA.

Well if he's Restricted couldn't the Cowboys put a 2nd or 3rd round tender (not exactly sure how all that works) on him. If he's signed by another team we get a 2nd or 3rd round pick. If no one signs him his price should still be very affordable. He's good enough to start, someone is going to get a very good Guard.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:

He's a RFA.

Well if he's Restricted couldn't the Cowboys put a 2nd or 3rd round tender (not exactly sure how all that works) on him. If he's signed by another team we get a 2nd or 3rd round pick. If no one signs him his price should still be very affordable. He's good enough to start, someone is going to get a very good Guard.

I'm sure they will. It would be dumb not to. And Stephen isn't dumb. And you're right - someone is going to get a good player.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:16 pm

I heard they were trying to get a 3ird round draft choice for Leary.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#49 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I heard they were trying to get a 3ird round draft choice for Leary.

That would be awesome if they can get a 3rd round. He's easily worth a 3rd round pick.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#50 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:49 pm

Cowboys really like Collins.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#51 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Cowboys really like Collins.

I'm referring to Leary being a reasonably priced backup if they were to put a 3rd round tender on him and no one signed him. It gives the Cowboys not only the best set of starters but also the best OL depth. Plus they could still trade him during the season. That's worst case scenario though if no one signed him.

Best case scenario, a bad team like the Titans sign him and Dallas gets their 3rd round pick.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#52 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:09 am

That would make up a little bit for the draft choices we lost with Cassell and Michael. Thanks again Jerry and coaching staff for once again going all in and ending up with nothing.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#53 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I heard they were trying to get a 3ird round draft choice for Leary.

That would be awesome if they can get a 3rd round. He's easily worth a 3rd round pick.

This is how we can get Kenneth Dixon. But the way things have been going lately, he may not last till the third round.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#54 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

This is how we can get Kenneth Dixon. But the way things have been going lately, he may not last till the third round.

Yea he won't make it to round 3. Alex Collins will though. Go watch his YouTube video. He would be pretty exciting to watch behind this OL. Another guy to keep an eye on in round 3 is CJ Prosise from Notre Dame. Either one of those guys would be an awesome 1-2 punch with Morris. Also there is a RB from UCLA named Paul Perkins that they could get in the 6th. He's a smaller guy but I'd like to see them draft him and let him challenge Dunbar for his roster spot.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#55 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:04 pm

However, as you cleverly stated in the other thread in regards to the Rams making a move, we could get that extra 2nd round pick and get Dixon then.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#56 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:However, as you cleverly stated in the other thread in regards to the Rams making a move, we could get that extra 2nd round pick and get Dixon then.

Yea that would be the best case scenario. It will cost them quite a bit to move up to 4. I have a feeling that Billings is going to be available at 34. If they made the trade with the Rams and ended up with Lynch, Billings, and Dixon and also with the Rams #1 next year I'd be a happy man.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:48 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:I'd like to add Jeff Heath.

Because... he just belongs.

I couldn't resist. lol. I'm with you though on this one. I wasn't at all impressed with Heath last year. Maybe they feel because he is so young they can develop him. Nevertheless, we have him for a few years now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm adding Rolando McClain to the list as of today.

Just to be fair, I didn't get what I wanted here. this is why I want 2 Lb's this draft. I believe we signed McClain out of desperation. At least its only a one year tender. No long term or salary cap hell here at least.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#59 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:44 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm adding Rolando McClain to the list as of today.

Just to be fair, I didn't get what I wanted here. this is why I want 2 Lb's this draft. I believe we signed McClain out of desperation. At least its only a one year tender. No long term or salary cap hell here at least.

If they trade back Reggie Ragland could always be an option at 15. He is a beast at MLB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#60 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:53 am

Now that Lawrence has also been suspended, there is no doubt what we have to do now. Draft another Red flag Defensive Lineman, welcome to Dallas Joey Bosa. Like I said way back months ago, the culture hasn't changed in Dallas.

Return to Dallas Cowboys