ImageImageImageImage

McFadden takes 1st team reps

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Schmoopy1000
Junior
And1: 18

McFadden takes 1st team reps 

Post#1 » by Schmoopy1000 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:11 am

Darren McFadden took the majority of first-team reps at Cowboys practice on Tuesday.
McFadden opened practice drills with the ones and scored a touchdown on a delayed run. Beat writer Todd Archer observed that DMC looked "fast" on the play. "Boy, if we can keep him out there, he'll tear their you know what up," stated Jerry Jones. McFadden is pushing Joe Randle for early-down carries. DMC seems to be past his dueling offseason hamstring strains. (For now, at least.)

when did they let him go outside?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,303

Re: McFadden takes 1st team reps 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:19 pm

To be honest, I still, to this day haven't decided who I like best. I will say this though. McFaddden should be hungry and fresh after not putting so many miles on the past few years due to injuries. IF he can STAY healthy he just may surprise us all and make us for the most part forget about Murray. He should be hungry and he knows its all done for him behind this O-line. Lets see if he takes advantage of his last horaahh.
ThunderFan123
Junior
And1: 13

Post#3 » by ThunderFan123 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:54 pm

As an Oklahoma State Fan I like Joseph Randle, and Randle being drafted higher but Randle is injured but not serious so I don't know who will start

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#4 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:24 am

ThunderFan123 wrote:As an Oklahoma State Fan I like Joseph Randle, and Randle being drafted higher but Randle is injured but not serious so I don't know who will start

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I like an honest opinion, even if it isn't what other said. Anything that brings up conversation.
By all means lets disagree.

What is the rebuttal?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:50 am

I really like Randle also. What drives me nuts about him though is he is careless with the football too much for my liking.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:57 am

Can we all agree... Vaughan needs to go? If that's all he has after three years in this program then here is no need in wasting additional time and money on him.

Time to move on. Might as well keep Showers as a #3.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:49 am

I don't put a whole lot of stock in preseason, but both backup QB's look terrible. Seems like teams so far are running the ball on us. A concern I've had for a long time now, not addressing the DT position. But then again, its only preseason. The highlight of the weekend though was Suggs almost took out Bradford for the year. Damn, that would have been nice.
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#8 » by Manster7588 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:14 pm

ThunderFan123 wrote:As an Oklahoma State Fan I like Joseph Randle, and Randle being drafted higher but Randle is injured but not serious so I don't know who will start

I've been for Randle as soon as Murray left, those who know me on the Hoop know this. I do have a question though. What do you mean by Randle being drafted higher?
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#9 » by Manster7588 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:Can we all agree... Vaughan needs to go? If that's all he has after three years in this program then here is no need in wasting additional time and money on him.

I'm so so on Vaughn, if he goes no biggie if he stays it's because the coaches see more than we do. I do like the idea of keeping Showers, if for no other reason than letting to D practice against the option and a running QB.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:06 pm

Manster7588 wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Can we all agree... Vaughan needs to go? If that's all he has after three years in this program then here is no need in wasting additional time and money on him.

I'm so so on Vaughn, if he goes no biggie if he stays it's because the coaches see more than we do. I do like the idea of keeping Showers, if for no other reason than letting to D practice against the option and a running QB.

I really expected to see some improvement ( or - at least some growth) from Vaughan at this point. I don't see anything that tells me I've seen either.

No use in wasting a roster spot here.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:07 pm

I have to agree with you. Vaughan Looks like **** and has shown me nothing. I'm not happy with Weeden's play either. McFaddden looked good the other night. Even though I love Randall, I think McFadden will be the guy. If he stays healthy we will be fine.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#12 » by Schmoopy1000 » Sat Sep 5, 2015 5:42 pm

the latest I read.....

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports the Cowboys believe Darren McFadden is the "best of the bunch" at running back.

Advice: Robinson reports the Cowboys are committed to a running back by committee, but he added Dallas would have likely ridden McFadden's hot hand on Saturday night had it been a regular season game. Owner Jerry Jones has talked up Joseph Randle all offseason, but it appears McFadden has a real chance to lead the team in touches if he can stay healthy.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,040

Post#13 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 6, 2015 6:12 pm

They traded a 7th Rd pick today for Arab Christine Michael from Seattle. He was a 2nd Rd pick in 2013 but hasn't shown much in Seattle. My opinion is that might be because he's playing behind an All-Pro. Similar situation to any TE that comes through Dallas.

He fits the mold of the kind of guy they've been in the market for (5'10" 221 lbs). He should be that inside runner/goal line guy they need and don't currently have.
Schmoopy1000
Junior

Post#14 » by Schmoopy1000 » Mon Sep 7, 2015 6:38 am

Mr B wrote:They traded a 7th Rd pick today for Arab Christine Michael from Seattle. He was a 2nd Rd pick in 2013 but hasn't shown much in Seattle. My opinion is that might be because he's playing behind an All-Pro. Similar situation to any TE that comes through Dallas.

He fits the mold of the kind of guy they've been in the market for (5'10" 221 lbs). He should be that inside runner/goal line guy they need and don't currently have.

I think with all this looking around at Rbs we are doing. Dunbar's time here is numbered.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,040

Post#15 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 7, 2015 3:41 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Mr B wrote:They traded a 7th Rd pick today for Arab Christine Michael from Seattle. He was a 2nd Rd pick in 2013 but hasn't shown much in Seattle. My opinion is that might be because he's playing behind an All-Pro. Similar situation to any TE that comes through Dallas.

I think with all this looking around at Rbs we are doing. Dunbar's time here is numbered.

I agree. I can't say that is necessarily a bad thing though. The last really good play I can remember him making was a short pass that he turned into a long gain 2 years ago in pre-season. It was the play he hurt his ankle on. He hasn't stood out since then and is always getting hurt. Time to cut bait.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:29 am

Dunbar may just be the RB/WR we need in there during passing situations. Quite impressed with Dunbar when he was in the game. I think Dunbar, Escobar and Beasley can pick up the slack in the passing game.

Return to Dallas Cowboys