Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#1241 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:I’m still sticking with them I’m just calling it like I see it. The fact that I follow them even though I feel the owner is driving this franchise into the ground should make me an even bigger fan.

My problem with them this off season is it seems as if they don’t have a plan for what they’re doing. It seems like they are just flying by the seat of their pants.

I’m at the point where I just want them to have a plan. If they’re going to keep Dak then have plan. Give the man his money and put the best possible team around him. Or if they’re going to move on then have a plan. Do your best to plan for the rebuild and put your team in the best possible position for that. They haven’t done either though.

I think they have a very clear plan. Everything they are doing is plotted around paying off Dak and letting him walk after next season. "Win with less" as Jerry put it.

I don't like the plan, but it's a plan.

Now, if after completely ignoring free agency and letting multiple players walk they give Dak a big contract and move money around before the season starts? Then yeah I'll say they have no plan whatsoever and are clueless.

If their plan is to let Dak walk (not saying you’re wrong) why sign Hendricks? Letting Dak walk indicates they are tanking.

Or … if they plan to compete with Dak in a “lame duck” season then why not create cap space by resigning Lamb, and converting salary into signing bonus for guys like Diggs, Tank, and Steele? That would have allowed them to keep Tyron and Gilmore at least. If they really want to win they would at least set Dak up for success. Instead they are setting him up to fail.

That why it looks like they have no plan. They expected to take a pay cut and when he didn’t they seem stuck.

I view the Hendricks signing as the bare min that they could do at LB just to make it through a season. We simply had nothing there.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#1242 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:27 pm

I hope Schefter is just wrong, and it seems like he is. How embarrassing for him though, after saying it's "DESPN" and the Cowboys are so popular, you'd think he wouldn't f*** that one up.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#1243 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:I’m still sticking with them I’m just calling it like I see it. The fact that I follow them even though I feel the owner is driving this franchise into the ground should make me an even bigger fan.

My problem with them this off season is it seems as if they don’t have a plan for what they’re doing. It seems like they are just flying by the seat of their pants.

I’m at the point where I just want them to have a plan. If they’re going to keep Dak then have plan. Give the man his money and put the best possible team around him. Or if they’re going to move on then have a plan. Do your best to plan for the rebuild and put your team in the best possible position for that. They haven’t done either though.

I think they have a very clear plan. Everything they are doing is plotted around paying off Dak and letting him walk after next season. "Win with less" as Jerry put it.

I don't like the plan, but it's a plan.

Now, if after completely ignoring free agency and letting multiple players walk they give Dak a big contract and move money around before the season starts? Then yeah I'll say they have no plan whatsoever and are clueless.

If their plan is to let Dak walk (not saying you’re wrong) why sign Hendricks? Letting Dak walk indicates they are tanking.

Or … if they plan to compete with Dak in a “lame duck” season then why not create cap space by resigning Lamb, and converting salary into signing bonus for guys like Diggs, Tank, and Steele? That would have allowed them to keep Tyron and Gilmore at least. If they really want to win they would at least set Dak up for success. Instead they are setting him up to fail.

That why it looks like they have no plan. They expected to take a pay cut and when he didn’t they seem stuck.

I don't blame Jerry in this case. He is super pissed. He spent 8 years setting up Dak for success and got nothing in return. Now that Prescott is making 55 mill this year its time for him to step up and be a difference maker for a change.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#1244 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:40 pm

And so it begins…

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1245 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:40 pm

Mr B wrote:And so it begins…

Read on Twitter

He wants a contract in the Chris Jones bracket. Based on the way he shows up down the stretch the last 2 seasons and last playoff game, do you want to fork out 30 mill per year for that? Great players are suppose to show up in the biggest games for that amount of $$ he thinks he deserves. I don't give him a new contract or extension this season. I need to see more from him for that kind of money.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1246 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:54 pm

Looks like CeeDee Lamb might be holding out of “Voluntary” Off Season workouts.

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1247 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:57 pm

Mr B wrote:Looks like CeeDee Lamb might be holding out of “Voluntary” Off Season workouts.

Read on Twitter

The hell with winning, just pay him his money, right?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1248 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Looks like CeeDee Lamb might be holding out of “Voluntary” Off Season workouts.

Read on Twitter

I would but we’re talking about the Jones’ here.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1249 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Read on Twitter

Do you have the same feeling as me going into the draft? I just have the feeling that this is going to be Jerry draft this year instead of a Will McClay draft.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1250 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The hell with winning, just pay him his money, right?

Do you have the same feeling as me going into the draft? I just have the feeling that this is going to be Jerry draft this year instead of a Will McClay draft.

No I don’t see that at all. I see this as a lame duck season. Besides the HC and QB being lame ducks they have too many holes to fill on the team and not enough assets. These holes won’t be filled until the 2025 draft.

They will get a Tackle or a Center in this draft (not both), will likely get a RB. MAYBE they pick up 1 LB in the 3rd round. They likely hit on one of their late round picks too. After the draft they will fill any remaining holes with spare free agents. They are in year 1 of a 2 year rebuilding process.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1251 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I would but we’re talking about the Jones’ here.

No I don’t see that at all. I see this as a lame duck season. Besides the HC and QB being lame ducks they have too many holes to fill on the team and not enough assets. These holes won’t be filled until the 2025 draft.

They will get a Tackle or a Center in this draft (not both), will likely get a RB. MAYBE they pick up 1 LB in the 3rd round. They likely hit on one of their late round picks too. After the draft they will fill any remaining holes with spare free agents. They are in year 1 of a 2 year rebuilding process.

Nothing new. Been rebuilding for almost 29 years now.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,466

Post#1252 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:50 am

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1253 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:59 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

AI needs to be figuring out why they gave him that little bitty ass statue.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1254 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:18 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I would but we’re talking about the Jones’ here.

We only have 3 picks in the top 174 picks. We lost 5 starters from last year. Even if we hit on all three of them we still come up 2 starters short. Can't see us better next season. Moving back in the draft and tanking this year IMHO is the best way moving forward.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1255 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Do you have the same feeling as me going into the draft? I just have the feeling that this is going to be Jerry draft this year instead of a Will McClay draft.

We only have 3 picks in the top 174 picks. We lost 5 starters from last year. Even if we hit on all three of them we still come up 2 starters short. Can't see us better next season. Moving back in the draft and tanking this year IMHO is the best way moving forward.

The Cowboys definitely won’t be better next season. Lame duck HC, lame duck QB, only 3 premium draft picks to fill 6-7 holes, 1st place schedule, new defense. This team will be lucky to win 8-9 games max next season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1256 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:No I don’t see that at all. I see this as a lame duck season. Besides the HC and QB being lame ducks they have too many holes to fill on the team and not enough assets. These holes won’t be filled until the 2025 draft.

The Cowboys definitely won’t be better next season. Lame duck HC, lame duck QB, only 3 premium draft picks to fill 6-7 holes, 1st place schedule, new defense. This team will be lucky to win 8-9 games max next season.

Currently constructed, this roster reminds me of the 2000-2003 Cowboy teams. Bad roster, bad QB and bad coach.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1257 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:17 pm

I'm hoping in the very near future That Otis will take some time out and write on of his 1 page thoughts on his feelings regarding the current state of Cowboys union in his eyes. He's the only Cowboy fan I know that has been a fan longer than me. I want to know his honest thoughts and evaluation after 30+ years of the current ownership and general manager as item #1. Then I would like to know in your opinion what the current ownership and leadership is lacking compared to previous ownership and leadership. What are we getting wrong iyho the past 30 years?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#1258 » by Otis Driftwood » 31 minutes ago

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Dallas Cowboys