Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#1161 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:12 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Slowik I believe is still under contract with Houston so he can’t come to Dallas as the OC. He’s also likely to get multiple HC offers. I don’t see Jerry hiring him as the HC although it would be very interesting if he did.

A promotion (Assistant Head Coach / Offensive Coordinator) would allow him to move. Not saying it has to be him but someone of his ilk interests me.

Slowik is getting a ton of HC interviews. Including one with Seattle scheduled this week. I'm sure he'll get an offer at some point.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#1162 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:19 am

Cactus Jack wrote:I'm nervous as all hell that our gm, who came from Green Bay, would hire him. Dan Quinn would be bad enough.

So please, don't make that mistake or an entire fanbase in Seattle, will potentially despise Jerry Jones & the Cowboys. :wink:

For the love of God, help a fellow Realgmer out here!!!

All the sudden, my hope for an Jerry epiphany this evening has meaning.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#1163 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:25 am

I do love ya! But man...that would break me.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#1164 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:59 am

Read on Twitter
?t=Bl-CZ5IiuxGlLJaNceCyAQ&s=19
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#1165 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:05 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:My $0.02… for whatever it’s worth which isn’t much;

• McCarthy has to go. When he said after the game that “no one saw that coming”, that was an indictment on this team and its preparation for the game. He lost me on that statement and that statement alone. Unacceptable.
• I’m “encouraging” Quinn to leave as well. The Achilles Heel of this defense all season long was the run defense and he never found a solution. EVERY team that committed to running the ball had success and it’s easy to look at every loss this season and see how the failure to stop or contain the run led directly to the rest of the defense struggling. That’s on him.
• I am talking to Belichick. And if he’s interested – I’m hiring Belichick. Give me 3 years of him drilling “Just do your job” into this organization. I’m counting on the fact that he knows Jerry, Jerry knows him, there is a level of respect between the two and Will McClay will be allowed to do his job unencumbered. And…
• Bring in one of those young hot shot OC’s to groom as the next HC. My preference would be Bobby Slowik. What he’s done in Houston has been pretty damned special.
• Finally… eat the $59M. However it gets done, Dak cannot be extended. If that means letting him play 2024 to earn his next contract somewhere else or cutting him… it’s time to move on. I understand that doing this means the potential exists we lose “someone” (Lamb; Micah; etc…) but it is what it is. See what Lance has… but do not be afraid to draft a QB this season… next season… the following season… until the next guy is here.

Time to move on. Period. And no talk about Jerry has to change… because he hasn’t changed in 28 years and he’s here until he croaks. Just deal with it.

I encourage you guys to keep the gang together. Do not fire McCarthy. Please. :pray:

I'm nervous as all hell that our gm, who came from Green Bay, would hire him. Dan Quinn would be bad enough.

So please, don't make that mistake or an entire fanbase in Seattle, will potentially despise Jerry Jones & the Cowboys. :wink:

For the love of God, help a fellow Realgmer out here!!!

I really think Quinn is gone regardless.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1166 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:07 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

It certainly does sound like he’s talking about the Cowboys. Immensely talented, and immensely underachieved.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,327

Post#1167 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:23 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

It certainly does sound like he’s talking about the Cowboys. Immensely talented, and immensely underachieved.

Only will work if Jerry changes. Will he completely hand over the reins to Bill like he did with Jimmy in the beginning? A 3 year window perhaps? Gives Bill plenty of time to break all time wins record and win a Super Bowl without Brady. Just think of the ratings !!!!!!!!
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1168 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:29 pm

IMO the whole "Jerry doesn't let coaches do anything" schtick is super overblown and exaggerated.

In fact I pretty much don't think it's real.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1169 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:33 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:IMO the whole "Jerry doesn't let coaches do anything" schtick is super overblown and exaggerated.

Come on Micah. Jerry meddles way too much. You know that.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#1170 » by linery88 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:IMO the whole "Jerry doesn't let coaches do anything" schtick is super overblown and exaggerated.

Come on Micah. Jerry meddles way too much. You know that.

Jerry controls a lot of things in Dallas.I think he has the power,and money to not let those things get out,and have people even having to sign NDA,s.McCarthy is the kind of coach Jerry loves because he wont fight back.As long as Jimmy continues to live rent free in Jerrys head he will add his 2 billion cents worth...he wants the credit-imo.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1171 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:55 pm

Jimmy and Jerry fought over who to draft, and they disagreed. Jerry made the picks and Jimmy couldn't "shop for the groceries"

Times have changed, not many franchises still let the HC single handedly draft players, and we have seen the Cowboys draft room, it is very obvious that Jerry allows MANY people within the franchise to have draft input and affect the Big Board.

Outside of the draft, I do not see how Jerry "meddles". Like what does he do exactly? Going to need more detail than just "he meddles".

From what I could see, McCarthy was allowed to coach and call plays as he wanted to.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#1172 » by linery88 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:33 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Jimmy and Jerry fought over who to draft, and they disagreed. Jerry made the picks and Jimmy couldn't "shop for the groceries"

Times have changed, not many franchises still let the HC single handedly draft players, and we have seen the Cowboys draft room, it is very obvious that Jerry allows MANY people within the franchise to have draft input and affect the Big Board.

Outside of the draft, I do not see how Jerry "meddles". Like what does he do exactly? Going to need more detail than just "he meddles".

From what I could see, McCarthy was allowed to coach and call plays as he wanted to.

IMO-Jerry meddles by just talking,even if its sensible.We are not good enough to get away with even that.With Belichik it wouldn,t matter because of how good a focused coach he is,and he would help Dak be a better playoff QB.I cant help it,talking like he has been hired lol.
McCarthy almost blew it against Det,calling 3 passing plays instead of running it to clock more time.
Thats a no brainer.That would not happen under "The Hood" That shows lack of focus.
I get the feeling Bill wants to coach here from what he said today from the twitter link posted on here.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1173 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Jimmy and Jerry fought over who to draft, and they disagreed. Jerry made the picks and Jimmy couldn't "shop for the groceries"

Most players never talk to or even see the GM much less are able to bypass their HC and go directly to him if they have an issue. In pretty much every other locker room there is a chain of command. That not the case in Dallas. Jerry cuts the legs out from under his HC even before he hires the guy. Jerry almost never lets his HC choose his own coordinators. That’s a huge problem.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1174 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:59 am

Mr B wrote:

Most players never talk to or even see the GM much less are able to bypass their HC and go directly to him if they have an issue. In pretty much every other locker room there is a chain of command. That not the case in Dallas. Jerry cuts the legs out from under his HC even before he hires the guy. Jerry almost never lets his HC choose his own coordinators. That’s a huge problem.

How would any of us know if Jerry doesn't allow the HC input on new hires?

From what I've seen in draft room video, Jerry is very open to others input. So for me that's hard to believe.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1175 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:47 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

How would any of us know if Jerry doesn't allow the HC input on new hires?

From what I've seen in draft room video, Jerry is very open to others input. So for me that's hard to believe.

Kellen Moore was not a McCarthy guy. He was already on the staff before MM was hired. He also hired Jason Garrett before hiring Wade Phillips.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1176 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:06 am

For some strange reason I just can't get my thoughts regarding our team moving forward in a positive direction. With McCarthy and Dak coming back I just don't see a better result next season. Still lost for words. I agree with Mr. B on getting an RB and and another O-lineman or two, but I also want a couple kick ass LB's. not sure how we pull it off if we have to pay Dak more money that he is not worth and the Lamb and Parsons also. Those 3 contracts will take up almost half of our cap if I have it right. I'll wait for Mr. B. or Jack to put up our team payroll before getting too specific.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1177 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:36 pm

I can't drink even one ounce of the cowboy cool aid going into the next season, and won't.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#1178 » by linery88 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:32 am

I was guzzling coolaid when we were healthy,and even after that.Now we know what it takes to build..what it takes to coach...what it takes to draft a winning playoff team.No running game or not stopping the run equals the same results.McDak will feel too much pressure to carry it all,and both crack under it.I,ll take a small sip of coolaid if they address the run game,and run stoppers or LB,s.
Then celebrate with coolaid after winning. :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1179 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:04 pm

This is a pretty funny comment by Puka about having to block Demarcus Lawrence this year.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1180 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:33 pm

DeMarcus Lawrence has played 10 seasons for the Cowboys. How time flies.

I'm sure no one wants to give Jerry credit for DLaw but that was very much a Jerry trade.

Drafting has never really been the issue in Dallas though...it's other things...like playoff curses.

Return to Dallas Cowboys