Post#1182 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:47 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We just interviewed Rex Ryan for DC in case no one noticed

I hear he has a foothold on the job.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#1183 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:56 pm

linery88 wrote:I was guzzling coolaid when we were healthy,and even after that.Now we know what it takes to build..what it takes to coach...what it takes to draft a winning playoff team.No running game or not stopping the run equals the same results.McDak will feel too much pressure to carry it all,and both crack under it.I,ll take a small sip of coolaid if they address the run game,and run stoppers or LB,s.
Then celebrate with coolaid after winning. :lol:

As soon as Diggs and LVE got hurt and we lost Hankins for a month, the defense went to hell. Its obvious we need depth at certain positions on defense. It also seems we are going through the same thing with LVE as we did with Sean Lee.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1184 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:57 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:We just interviewed Rex Ryan for DC in case no one noticed

I hear he has a foothold on the job.

Can't get excited till it is finalized.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1185 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:05 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:DeMarcus Lawrence has played 10 seasons for the Cowboys. How time flies.

I'm sure no one wants to give Jerry credit for DLaw but that was very much a Jerry trade.

Drafting has never really been the issue in Dallas though...it's other things...like playoff curses.

How soon we forget the Quincy Carter pick, moving up to take Claiborne, the Roy Williams debacle, etc,. Jerry wanted to draft Johnny Manziel.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#1186 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:DeMarcus Lawrence has played 10 seasons for the Cowboys. How time flies.

I'm sure no one wants to give Jerry credit for DLaw but that was very much a Jerry trade.

Drafting has never really been the issue in Dallas though...it's other things...like playoff curses.

How soon we forget the Quincy Carter pick, moving up to take Claiborne, the Roy Williams debacle, etc,. Jerry wanted to draft Johnny Manziel.

of course we haven't been perfect. No team bats 100. Mazi Smith looks like a dud too. But all things considered Dallas has been WELL above average when it comes to drafting talent. We can't even afford everything we draft (see Tyron Smith).

In fact I'd say Dallas has been a top-5 at drafting over the past 20 years. Drafting well isn't our issue. We've been 12-5 for three straight seasons and usually exceed in the regular season.

We just have a playoff curse.

Maybe the Jimmy curse just needed a full season to materialize. That's what I am hoping.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1187 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:32 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

of course we haven't been perfect. No team bats 100. Mazi Smith looks like a dud too. But all things considered Dallas has been WELL above average when it comes to drafting talent. We can't even afford everything we draft (see Tyron Smith).

In fact I'd say Dallas has been a top-5 at drafting over the past 20 years. Drafting well isn't our issue. We've been 12-5 for three straight seasons and usually exceed in the regular season.

Maybe the Jimmy curse just needed a full season to materialize. That's what I am hoping.

We have been much better since Will McClay so I will give you that. Before that, not so much.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#1188 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:16 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Yea it’s not Will McClay’s fault the team is where it is. Even with the misses he’s been one of the better talent evaluators in the NFL. I would be ok if he was responsible for finding our next QB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1189 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 8, 2024 1:57 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:How soon we forget the Quincy Carter pick, moving up to take Claiborne, the Roy Williams debacle, etc,. Jerry wanted to draft Johnny Manziel.

Yea it’s not Will McClay’s fault the team is where it is. Even with the misses he’s been one of the better talent evaluators in the NFL. I would be ok if he was responsible for finding our next QB.

Will McClay is the only person currently in the front office I have any faith in.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1190 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:11 pm

It apparent the Cowboys are once again in salary cap hell again. Only about 2.2 mill in cap space we currently have at the time of this post. Jerry, Stephen and the front office knew a salary cap increase was coming this year and they didn't put the Cowboys in position to take advantage of this. Cowboys are not in position to be all in this season despite what Jerry says. Not only are we desperate for LB's, now Pollard is gone and I don't think anyone in here is excited about Vaugh and Dowdle, so this now becomes an area of need of a team this is suppose to be all in. I'm not so sure we will have enough cap space to even sign our draft picks.
The Prescott contract has come back to haunt us. Last year Mahomes made 37.5 mill for the Chiefs. This year we will be paying Dak 59.8 mill. Whats wrong with this picture.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1191 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:05 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:It apparent the Cowboys are once again in salary cap hell again. Only about 2.2 mill in cap space we currently have at the time of this post. Jerry, Stephen and the front office knew a salary cap increase was coming this year and they didn't put the Cowboys in position to take advantage of this. Cowboys are not in position to be all in this season despite what Jerry says. Not only are we desperate for LB's, now Pollard is gone and I don't think anyone in here is excited about Vaugh and Dowdle, so this now becomes an area of need of a team this is suppose to be all in. I'm not so sure we will have enough cap space to even sign our draft picks.
The Prescott contract has come back to haunt us. Last year Mahomes made 37.5 mill for the Chiefs. This year we will be paying Dak 59.8 mill. Whats wrong with this picture.

Mahomes has a $58.6M cap hit this year. If the Cowboys wanted more cap space right. Ow they could do it. They could actually clear significant cap space without extending Dak’s contract. They haven’t done it because they wouldn’t spend the money anyways. Also by handling business this way they can blame Dak for not signing a quick “team friendly” deal not it looks like it’s Dak’s fault when really it’s the Jones’ who are being shady.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1192 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:It apparent the Cowboys are once again in salary cap hell again. Only about 2.2 mill in cap space we currently have at the time of this post. Jerry, Stephen and the front office knew a salary cap increase was coming this year and they didn't put the Cowboys in position to take advantage of this. Cowboys are not in position to be all in this season despite what Jerry says. Not only are we desperate for LB's, now Pollard is gone and I don't think anyone in here is excited about Vaugh and Dowdle, so this now becomes an area of need of a team this is suppose to be all in. I'm not so sure we will have enough cap space to even sign our draft picks.

Mahomes has a $58.6M cap hit this year. If the Cowboys wanted more cap space right. Ow they could do it. They could actually clear significant cap space without extending Dak’s contract. They haven’t done it because they wouldn’t spend the money anyways. Also by handling business this way they can blame Dak for not signing a quick “team friendly” deal not it looks like it’s Dak’s fault when really it’s the Jones’ who are being shady.

You realize this is not going to end well regardless of who is at fault. Just another bad contract by Jerry but Dak is also selfish for not being more Brady like and do a more team friendly contract if he is serious about winning. After 8 years of always falling short and not delivering, he owes us that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1193 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:32 pm

Mr B wrote:

Mahomes just restructured his contract today freeing up 21.2 mill for the Chiefs. Dak's brother just called the Egals the best front office in the NFL. Appears to me Dak is using his brother to take a shot across the bow at Jerry for not giving him an extension. MUTINY IN THE locker room. Cowboys won't be a factor in the NFC next season. Book it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1194 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:57 pm

Is it just me, or does anyone else in here get the feeling Jerry and Stephen are about to run this once proud franchise into the ground?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1195 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else in here get the feeling Jerry and Stephen are about to run this once proud franchise into the ground?

If they’re going to go full tank mode is that a bad thing though?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1196 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:23 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else in here get the feeling Jerry and Stephen are about to run this once proud franchise into the ground?

Not to me and you. But Cowboy nation as a whole, not so sure. See you, I and Otis have been through this before the past 29 years. I remember countless conversations going all the way back to the ESPN, Dallas Cowboy Universe and the Sportshoopla forum days before coming here. I remember so many of us saying that as long as Jerry was the GM and owner we would never sniff a Super Bowl ever again.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1197 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:30 pm

Mr B wrote:

Not at all. We are going to find out how hungry Dak is now. After the end of next season there will be no guaranteed food on the table for him. We know he really isn't a team guy, so doing a more friendly team deal like Brady did for so many years so that he could have some better weapons around him. By the way., Mahomes just did a restructure yesterday freeing up 21 mill for the Chiefs. Bad news for the rest of the league. And watching Dak make 59 mill will be one of the laughing stories next season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1198 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:10 pm

The best thing to do at this point is blow the whole thing up and start over. With Dak's tiny restructure to free up a whopping 4 mill has now added dead cap money already for the 2025 season. Christ, are we ever going to just get rid of this loser.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#1199 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The best thing to do at this point is blow the whole thing up and start over. With Dak's tiny restructure to free up a whopping 4 mill has now added dead cap money already for the 2025 season. Christ, are we ever going to just get rid of this loser.

So, is Dak getting an extension? He has to, right? If not, Jerry should've taken my advice.

They must be far apart in talks. Unless they're actively shopping him.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1200 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:53 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The best thing to do at this point is blow the whole thing up and start over. With Dak's tiny restructure to free up a whopping 4 mill has now added dead cap money already for the 2025 season. Christ, are we ever going to just get rid of this loser.

So, is Dak getting an extension? He has to, right? If not, Jerry should've taken my advice.

Didn't get all the details. Article in ESPN said Dak's contract was restructured giving the Cowboys 4 mill in salary cap relief. 59 mill down to 55 mill I guess. But the dead cap hit in 2025 is already up to almost 40 mill. The phone rang and I have yet to get back to the story to read the whole thing.

Return to Dallas Cowboys