linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#1121 » by linery88 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:11 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
“Fans” who listen to SAS, Skip, Colin or any of those gas bags spewing their asinine BS need to stop pretending they’re fans. They’re simpletons.

And not just Cowboys “fans”.

Don’t forget to include Shady McCoy the whatever that broad’s name that’s in his show too.

Didn’t know he had joined the Gas Bag Gang…

OK - him too!

Those shows are unwatchable tv.Glad i,ve never seen them.Also best to skip...baylesses show.He is a sack of **** for the Dak comments.
I dont mind "First Take",and the opening segment after a Cowboys win.Even after a loss its funny because you can understand why Stephen A acts the way he does.He is trolling those deludes after a Cowboys loss because of how clueless they are,and they are also adding to more hatred of Dallas.Stephen has noticed how improved this team is from last season as well.he is more fair to the team football wise but merciless to those fans or whatever they are.
IMO----Cowboys state of the union is that they need to get bigger/faster on the D-Line.
They should also find a way to use Micah more in the run game like blitz him on 3rd and long,and have him hang back a little on 1st,and 2nd down to counter the run more with the odd occassional blitz.It might make it tougher for the other teams QB to find open receivers if we help the secondary.Only reason for doing this is because of not having Diggs,and Vander Esch.
The Bills ran everything away from Parsons,and hammered us.You could tell Parsons was still sick though.I think McCarthy will adapt to this vs Miami.
If we have no flu/s we should win.
Thanks to Philly for Monday...Hurtz also had the flu.
We will probably end up with the 5 seed.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#1122 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:07 am

linery88 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Don’t forget to include Shady McCoy the whatever that broad’s name that’s in his show too.

Didn’t know he had joined the Gas Bag Gang…

OK - him too!

Those shows are unwatchable tv.Glad i,ve never seen them.Also best to skip...baylesses show.He is a sack of **** for the Dak comments.
I dont mind "First Take",and the opening segment after a Cowboys win.Even after a loss its funny because you can understand why Stephen A acts the way he does.He is trolling those deludes after a Cowboys loss because of how clueless they are,and they are also adding to more hatred of Dallas.Stephen has noticed how improved this team is from last season as well.he is more fair to the team football wise but merciless to those fans or whatever they are.
IMO----Cowboys state of the union is that they need to get bigger/faster on the D-Line.
They should also find a way to use Micah more in the run game like blitz him on 3rd and long,and have him hang back a little on 1st,and 2nd down to counter the run more with the odd occassional blitz.It might make it tougher for the other teams QB to find open receivers if we help the secondary.Only reason for doing this is because of not having Diggs,and Vander Esch.
The Bills ran everything away from Parsons,and hammered us.You could tell Parsons was still sick though.I think McCarthy will adapt to this vs Miami.
If we have no flu/s we should win.
Thanks to Philly for Monday...Hurtz also had the flu.
We will probably end up with the 5 seed.

Skip has been a sack of **** long before any comments he made about Dak.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,172

Post#1123 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:42 pm

Skip is just a salesman. He purposely sells controversial takes just to get attention.

The Cowboys bring the biggest audience so he's also coming with over the top takes on the Cowboys. Either he's burning a Cowboys jersey or he's declaring they will win a Super Bowl. It's all in the name of what brings the most outrage and internet clicks.

It's like WWF within sports media, it's fake drama.

Sadly, most of sports media has followed that outline, because at the end of the day they have to make money. And REAL analysis is too boring for the masses.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#1124 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:25 pm

I would say the state of Cowboys Union at this point is strong to quite strong.

And after losing to the damn Cards back in September, who would have predicted this? I sure as hell didn’t.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,618

Post#1125 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:13 am

Now the Cowboys are going to have 2 home games in the playoffs.

Just beat the Commanders and the Cowboys are insured of playing 2 home games in the playoffs.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#1126 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 1, 2024 2:12 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Now the Cowboys are going to have 2 home games in the playoffs.

Just beat the Commanders and the Cowboys are insured of playing 2 home games in the playoffs.

Actually, only assured of one. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1127 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:28 pm

I would be shocked if they beat the Commanders.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,347

Post#1128 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 1, 2024 4:15 pm

Mr B wrote:

I would be shocked if they beat the Commanders.

Didn't we lose 27-0 last year in this same situation? Like Otis said, let's not get ahead of ourselves my friend. However, if we do pull this game out on the road, on grass, I just may fall out of my chair in total joy for the first time in years.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1129 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 1, 2024 4:44 pm

IMO the "home vs road" narrative is way overrated. Dallas has 3 road wins this season. It just so happens that the hardest teams we played this year were all on the road, by chance. SF, Miami, and Buffalo, and IMO we should have beat Miami.

We aren't losing because of the road, we are losing to GOOD TEAMS

the only outlier is Arizona, which was an odd one. That game shows that yes we could lose to Wash, but I seriously doubt it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,347

Post#1130 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 1, 2024 5:03 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:IMO the "home vs road" narrative is way overrated. Dallas has 3 road wins this season. It just so happens that the hardest teams we played this year were all on the road, by chance. SF, Miami, and Buffalo, and IMO we should have beat Miami.

the only outlier is Arizona, which was an odd one. That game shows that yes we could lose to Wash, but I seriously doubt it.

Look I really hate disagreeing with you so much, but come on Micah. We have not been good on the road this year. Even the games we won, I felt we could have played much better, struggled more than we should have at times and were fortunate to get teams like the Giants, Panthers and Chargers who were having more issues than us. For what ever reason, I'm always nervous as a pregnant nun when we go on the road. For some reason we don't play well on grass. I can't explain it. We have had recent teams play better on the road than home most of the time. like I said, I can't explain it.
What is killing me at the moment are the injuries. If we were 100% on defense we might be able to pull this thing out and make it to the Super bowl. Can't you imagine if we still had Diggs, LVE, Overshown and Hankins right now with a better running game?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#1131 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 1, 2024 5:32 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:IMO the "home vs road" narrative is way overrated. Dallas has 3 road wins this season. It just so happens that the hardest teams we played this year were all on the road, by chance. SF, Miami, and Buffalo, and IMO we should have beat Miami.

While I’d really like to agree here, the old Bill Parcells quote applies.

“You are what your record says you are”.

The good news is that as long as they take care of their business this week against the Commies and at home in the playoffs, they can change the narrative over the next 6 weeks.

Kind of like the Rangers did a few months back…
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1132 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 1, 2024 7:12 pm

I’m more concerned that it’s a division game. We won the last game against them but division games can go either way. Also they have a chance to play spoiler so you just never know.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1133 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 1, 2024 7:38 pm

Mr B wrote:

I’m more concerned that it’s a division game. We won the last game against them but division games can go either way. Also they have a chance to play spoiler so you just never know.

Now that is true
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1134 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 1, 2024 7:41 pm

The only team that I felt had a legit home field advantage was Buffalo. It was cold and rainy and the fans were all loud and crazy and non of them were Dallas fans.

That said I still think Buffalo would have beaten us at home because they just had a superior game plan. They knew our weaknesses as exploited them, ran all game long. Detroit actually tried to mimic their plan, but funny enough our defense was great up until the end when they had no choice but to pass.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1135 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 1, 2024 8:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:The only team that I felt had a legit home field advantage was Buffalo. It was cold and rainy and the fans were all loud and crazy and non of them were Dallas fans.

That said I still think Buffalo would have beaten us at home because they just had a superior game plan. They knew our weaknesses as exploited them, ran all game long. Detroit actually tried to mimic their plan, but funny enough our defense was great up until the end when they had no choice but to pass.

Ever since those 90’s Cowboys SB teams the Cowboys have always been front runners and it kills me. They start to have a little success and they start feeling themselves. That’s usually when they get their asses handed to them. That’s what happened with Buffalo (and Arizona) in my opinion.

The only constant has been Jerry. That front running attitude comes from him. The team has really always fed off his energy. Parcels knew it and was constantly harping on it to the players. “Don’t eat the cheese”, “Don’t anoint him yet”, and sayings like that. Parcels and Jimmy are the only 2 coaches that wouldn’t allow the players to read their own press clippings. Jerry put an end to that though by firing Jimmy and running Bill out of town.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1136 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 1, 2024 8:26 pm

If the Commie lose I believe they get the #2 pick in the draft. If they win then I believe the highest pick they can get is #5. It would hurt to miss out on Drake Maye and Marvin Jr.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#1137 » by Fierce1 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:27 am

A lot of things would have to go wrong for the Cowboys not to have 2 home games in the playoffs.

The 1st round opponent would most likely be Green Bay.

Dallas can definitely beat the Packers in Dallas.

And win or lose against most likely the Lions in the 2nd round, that's the 2nd home game in the playoffs.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#1138 » by Fierce1 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:31 am

Back in October I said if the Cowboys make it to the NFC title game then the Cowboys season is a success IMO.

While it's possible the Cowboys can beat the Niners in the NFC title game, it's a long shot.

Getting to the NFC title game is already a big step for the Cowboys.

Last time the Cowboys were one win away from the Super Bowl, Micah Parsons wasn't even born yet.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1139 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:30 am

If we make to the NFC Championship that is definitely one more year of McCarthy.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1140 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:47 am

Micah Prescott wrote:If we make to the NFC Championship that is definitely one more year of McCarthy.

Yea he likely coaches out that final year. That will tell us what Jerry really thinks of MM. If he really likes him he will give him an extension. If not he I’ll just coach out that final year without an extension.

Return to Dallas Cowboys