Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,168

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#1141 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:29 am

Read on Twitter
?t=SZvuTtkogMJAw3N0RLDCvg&s=19

IMO Lamb can be argued as the best player on the team. He's special. A lock for 1st team AllPro this season and I bet a few more of those to come.

He's only 24... doubt he declines at all within the next 5 years
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1142 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:34 am

And on that note. McCarthy needs to pretty much abandon the run game. It's almost always a wasted down.

Just move Lamb all over the field and give him 30 targets a game.

An occasional Cooks

An occasional Ferguson

That should be the entire offense.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#1143 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 2, 2024 6:56 pm

After C.D. Lamb's performance vs. the Lions, the NFL has requested a drug test. I hope he is clean or that may change things moving forward. Unbelievable. Just when you think you catch a break around here and now this.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1144 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 2, 2024 7:48 pm

It honestly seems like I haven't heard of any player being busted for PEDs in a while. Either the players found away around it or just stopped doing it.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#1145 » by linery88 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:40 pm

We got some good luck,and good late defense.We have better good luck @ home than on the road.
Lambs response... "Waste no time huh? @nfl,"
NFL trying to cover itself after that end of game debacle.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1146 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:35 pm

Best position we have been in since 2008. I hope we can take advantage of this opportunity.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#1147 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:43 pm

This is what Jourdan Lewis said Jerry told them during his meeting with the team today. He did not expect the team’s season to end yesterday. Jerry has taken a lot of fan backlash over the years but he really did give this coaching staff everything they asked for. He provided them with everything they needed to win. I think heads will be rolling soon.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1148 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:30 pm

Running it back with the same set of characters is a recipe for disaster. :wizard:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#1149 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:51 pm

My $0.02… for whatever it’s worth which isn’t much;

• McCarthy has to go. When he said after the game that “no one saw that coming”, that was an indictment on this team and its preparation for the game. He lost me on that statement and that statement alone. Unacceptable.
• I’m “encouraging” Quinn to leave as well. The Achilles Heel of this defense all season long was the run defense and he never found a solution. EVERY team that committed to running the ball had success and it’s easy to look at every loss this season and see how the failure to stop or contain the run led directly to the rest of the defense struggling. That’s on him.
• I am talking to Belichick. And if he’s interested – I’m hiring Belichick. Give me 3 years of him drilling “Just do your job” into this organization. I’m counting on the fact that he knows Jerry, Jerry knows him, there is a level of respect between the two and Will McClay will be allowed to do his job unencumbered. And…
• Bring in one of those young hot shot OC’s to groom as the next HC. My preference would be Bobby Slowik. What he’s done in Houston has been pretty damned special.
• Finally… eat the $59M. However it gets done, Dak cannot be extended. If that means letting him play 2024 to earn his next contract somewhere else or cutting him… it’s time to move on. I understand that doing this means the potential exists we lose “someone” (Lamb; Micah; etc…) but it is what it is. See what Lance has… but do not be afraid to draft a QB this season… next season… the following season… until the next guy is here.

Time to move on. Period. And no talk about Jerry has to change… because he hasn’t changed in 28 years and he’s here until he croaks. Just deal with it.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1150 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:01 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:My $0.02… for whatever it’s worth which isn’t much;

• McCarthy has to go. When he said after the game that “no one saw that coming”, that was an indictment on this team and its preparation for the game. He lost me on that statement and that statement alone. Unacceptable.
• I’m “encouraging” Quinn to leave as well. The Achilles Heel of this defense all season long was the run defense and he never found a solution. EVERY team that committed to running the ball had success and it’s easy to look at every loss this season and see how the failure to stop or contain the run led directly to the rest of the defense struggling. That’s on him.
• I am talking to Belichick. And if he’s interested – I’m hiring Belichick. Give me 3 years of him drilling “Just do your job” into this organization. I’m counting on the fact that he knows Jerry, Jerry knows him, there is a level of respect between the two and Will McClay will be allowed to do his job unencumbered. And…
• Bring in one of those young hot shot OC’s to groom as the next HC. My preference would be Bobby Slowik. What he’s done in Houston has been pretty damned special.
• Finally… eat the $59M. However it gets done, Dak cannot be extended. If that means letting him play 2024 to earn his next contract somewhere else or cutting him… it’s time to move on. I understand that doing this means the potential exists we lose “someone” (Lamb; Micah; etc…) but it is what it is. See what Lance has… but do not be afraid to draft a QB this season… next season… the following season… until the next guy is here.

Time to move on. Period. And no talk about Jerry has to change… because he hasn’t changed in 28 years and he’s here until he croaks. Just deal with it.

Yeah I think I agree with 100% of this. Bringing in a new coaching staff seems like it would be easy to me, and for that reason I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen.

Dak's situation is more complex, just because of his contract and the salary cap, so I am not sure what the best way to deal with him is. But I do know that we can't make him the highest paid player in the NFL after this game. Ideally I'd like to see a trade of some sort but I think that is also very difficult given he only has one year left on his contract, I don't think anyone would want to pick up a 1 year deal with him. They'd need to agree with him on something new before hand.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1151 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:07 pm

Has there been ANY news on Trey Lance's development one way or another?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#1152 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:25 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Yeah I think I agree with 100% of this. Bringing in a new coaching staff seems like it would be easy to me, and for that reason I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen.

Dak's situation is more complex, just because of his contract and the salary cap, so I am not sure what the best way to deal with him is. But I do know that we can't make him the highest paid player in the NFL after this game. Ideally I'd like to see a trade of some sort but I think that is also very difficult given he only has one year left on his contract, I don't think anyone would want to pick up a 1 year deal with him. They'd need to agree with him on something new before hand.

Had this very conversation yesterday . He’s almost impossible to trade unless you can find a dance partner who would be willing to do a deal prior to any trade and he would have all the leverage there. No one is going to absorb a $59M cap hit in any deal regardless of the return. So… either he plays on his current deal then walks or he’s cut and can sign with whoever. Just can’t commit to him past 2024.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1153 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:32 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Yeah I think I agree with 100% of this. Bringing in a new coaching staff seems like it would be easy to me, and for that reason I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen.

Had this very conversation yesterday . He’s almost impossible to trade unless you can find a dance partner who would be willing to do a deal prior to any trade and he would have all the leverage there. No one is going to absorb a $59M cap hit in any deal regardless of the return. So… either he plays on his current deal then walks or he’s cut and can sign with whoever. Just can’t commit to him past 2024.

If that is the case then then the only thing that makes sense is Dak playing out next season and we draft a QB and develop that QB alongside Trey Lance in the background next year. Most young QBs benefit from sitting and watching a year (see Jordan Love)

Then we let Dak walk and move forward with whoever the coaching staff determined was best suited.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1154 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:45 pm

Slowik I believe is still under contract with Houston so he can’t come to Dallas as the OC. He’s also likely to get multiple HC offers. I don’t see Jerry hiring him as the HC although it would be very interesting if he did.

I’m cool with Belichick coming to Dallas for the same reason you listed. He wouldn’t be my first choice though. I’d hand the keys to Jim Harbaugh and let him build his program here. He’s also a disciplinarian and will make the Cowboys into a tougher team.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1155 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:48 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Has there been ANY news on Trey Lance's development one way or another?

Personally I’m not putting much hope if any that Trey Lance turns into anything. If he does that would be great but I have zero expectations for him. I want the Cowboys to use a premium pick on a QB.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#1156 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:50 pm

Mr B wrote:Slowik I believe is still under contract with Houston so he can’t come to Dallas as the OC. He’s also likely to get multiple HC offers. I don’t see Jerry hiring him as the HC although it would be very interesting if he did.

A promotion (Assistant Head Coach / Offensive Coordinator) would allow him to move. Not saying it has to be him but someone of his ilk interests me.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1157 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:51 pm

What about Mike Tomlin?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#1158 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:53 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Has there been ANY news on Trey Lance's development one way or another?

Personally I’m not putting much hope if any that Trey Lance turns into anything. If he does that would be great but I have zero expectations for him. I want the Cowboys to use a premium pick on a QB.

I don't have faith either but Lance was a premium pick.

I think they should draft one and have that QB battle it out with Lance.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#1159 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:09 am

Micah Prescott wrote:What about Mike Tomlin?

McCarthy would jump on that opening.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#1160 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:54 am

I encourage you guys to keep the gang together. Do not fire McCarthy. Please. :pray:

I'm nervous as all hell that our gm, who came from Green Bay, would hire him. Dan Quinn would be bad enough.

So please, don't make that mistake or an entire fanbase in Seattle, will potentially despise Jerry Jones & the Cowboys. :wink:

For the love of God, help a fellow Realgmer out here!!!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to Dallas Cowboys