The End of the "Landry" Cowboys...

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Re: The End of the "Landry" Cowboys... 

Post#41 » by Mr B » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:37 pm

R.I.P. Gil

He was before my time as a Cowboys fan but clearly an NFL legend.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,328

Re: The End of the 

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Sep 2, 2023 12:28 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:To me the three most depressing days I ever had as a Cowboy fan was when Roger Staubach retired, the day Clint Murchinson sold the team and when they let Landry go. When Landry was let go it felt like my whole young and growing up era came to an end. For 29 years and the whole time I was a Cowboy fan growing up, etc., he was always there. The man who made the Cowboys into America's Team. I miss that man so much.

I took a tour of the Cowboys practice facility The Star this weekend and took a picture of this photo on the wall.

:cuddle :kiss :love:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#43 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:42 pm

I brought this thread back from 8 years ago when we discussed this in length. Otis was able to cut, paste and post the relevant situations of the time that caused what eventually happened to Landry and the Cowboy franchise which in reality, began with the decisions starting in 1980.
Its only a 2 page thread but it will help Micah and the younger generation fans understand what went on behind the scenes that eventually left the Cowboys and Landry in an unwinnable situation after 29 years. Gil Brandt IMHO ruined any chance of Landry going out on his own terms.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#44 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:50 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I brought this thread back from 8 years ago when we discussed this in length. Otis was able to cut, paste and post the relevant situations of the time that caused what eventually happened to Landry and the Cowboy franchise which in reality, began with the decisions starting in 1980.
Its only a 2 page thread but it will help Micah and the younger generation fans understand what went on behind the scenes that eventually left the Cowboys and Landry in an unwinnable situation after 29 years. Gil Brandt IMHO ruined any chance of Landry going out on his own terms.

See I never knew that about Gil Brandt. I knew he was a scout for the Cowboys at one point but never knew the story.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Re: The End of the 

Post#45 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:23 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I brought this thread back from 8 years ago when we discussed this in length. Otis was able to cut, paste and post the relevant situations of the time that caused what eventually happened to Landry and the Cowboy franchise which in reality, began with the decisions starting in 1980.

See I never knew that about Gil Brandt. I knew he was a scout for the Cowboys at one point but never knew the story.

Just bringing up Gil Brandt's name makes my blood boil. Almost as bad as when Craig Morton's name is brought up.

Return to Dallas Cowboys