ImageImageImageImage

Memorbilia Collectors

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Re: Memorbilia Collectors 

Post#41 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 7, 2022 4:51 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:My father-in-law had some old 70's trading cards he handed off to me. Some of the greats (Staubach, Pearson, Howley, Jordan) and spares (Golden Richards, Jean Fugett, Randy Hughes)... I watch out for random appearances by those guys. I've gotten Howley and Jordan to sign theirs.

My pride and joy stuff is right behind me now on the wall... the newspapers from all the 90's NFC Championship games and those Super Bowls. I framed them and mounted them on the wall. Also have the replica papers from the Dallas Morning News for the '72 and '78 Super Bowls. Included in the framed 1996 NFC Championship game paper are our tickets from the game. Only other Cowboys paper I have (not framed) is from February 13, 2000. It was a full front section dedicated to Tom Landry after his passing.

Also have the papers from the Stars Stanley Cup and Mavs 2011 championship. I'm a sports weenie.

Do you have a Roger Staubach, Chuck Howley and Rayfield Wright rookie card?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Some of these uni's are not legit. The Cowboy home white uniforms have not changed since 1967. Neither have our helmets except for the 1976 bicentennial year. The greenish tinted pants were not introduced till the mid -90's. Our pants from 1964 to 1981 were more a silver grey with a more bluish tint starting in 1975. And I didn't see a royal blue jersey anywhere in there that we wore from 1966 - 1981 before we changed to navy.

I don’t think you’re correct on the pants. Tex Went with the greenish tinted color pants because they looked better on tv and if I’m not mistaken because his daughter liked the color. I could be wrong about that last part but the greenish ones were around in the early 80’s for sure.

Ever since you mentioned to me on the tinted green pants I had to go back and look and do some research. I can't seem to find the information I was looking for, but to my best recollection, it was either 1993 or 1995 when they first started messing around adding the greenish tint to our pants. I'm quite certain it was around that time. The greenish tinted pants are alright. I just think the silver/silver/blueish tinted pants looked much better and matched the blueish tint in the helmets perfectly.
Because I couldn't find the information I wanted, I spent an hour in my blue room today going over going over 5 decades of photo's and plaques. In 1964 its quite obvious our pants were were a grey/silver in color after we were pure white are first 4 years. Actually that was one change I really liked. I never liked the white pants and white helmet with just a blue star in it. After studying my photo's and 400+ plaques in my blue room, I don't notice the blue tint added to the pants till the 1975 season. And I see these same pants all the way up through till the mid 90's like I said. Even Troy, Emmitt and Michael had the same blueish tinted pants in their first two super Bowls. The first evidence I see of the greenish tint added to the pants were on two photo's. Charles Haley and Mark Dionne Sanders.
When we changed road uniforms in 1981 from royal blue to navy blue, we had grey/silver number instead of the white we have today. Liked those much better to. The pants we use for the dark jerseys are now silver metallic and haven't changed in color. However, and I'm not sure you guys remember, but for about 6 or 7 years we had small numbers on the hips of the pants. So glad they got rid of that. Never liked that look at all.

I've noticed some differences in our road uniforms again the past two years. They got rid of the silver metalic pants and replaced them with white pants. I don't like the white pants at all and still prefer the silver/grey metalic numbers on the jerseys over the white. And before I die I want to see us wear our road jerseys we wore in the 70's at least one more time. The true opposites of our white jerseys without the navy.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#43 » by Mr B » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
I don’t think you’re correct on the pants. Tex Went with the greenish tinted color pants because they looked better on tv and if I’m not mistaken because his daughter liked the color. I could be wrong about that last part but the greenish ones were around in the early 80’s for sure.

Ever since you mentioned to me on the tinted green pants I had to go back and look and do some research. I can't seem to find the information I was looking for, but to my best recollection, it was either 1993 or 1995 when they first started messing around adding the greenish tint to our pants. I'm quite certain it was around that time. The greenish tinted pants are alright. I just think the silver/silver/blueish tinted pants looked much better and matched the blueish tint in the helmets perfectly.
Because I couldn't find the information I wanted, I spent an hour in my blue room today going over going over 5 decades of photo's and plaques. In 1964 its quite obvious our pants were were a grey/silver in color after we were pure white are first 4 years. Actually that was one change I really liked. I never liked the white pants and white helmet with just a blue star in it. After studying my photo's and 400+ plaques in my blue room, I don't notice the blue tint added to the pants till the 1975 season. And I see these same pants all the way up through till the mid 90's like I said. Even Troy, Emmitt and Michael had the same blueish tinted pants in their first two super Bowls. The first evidence I see of the greenish tint added to the pants were on two photo's. Charles Haley and Mark Dionne Sanders.
When we changed road uniforms in 1981 from royal blue to navy blue, we had grey/silver number instead of the white we have today. Liked those much better to. The pants we use for the dark jerseys are now silver metallic and haven't changed in color. However, and I'm not sure you guys remember, but for about 6 or 7 years we had small numbers on the hips of the pants. So glad they got rid of that. Never liked that look at all.

I've noticed some differences in our road uniforms again the past two years. They got rid of the silver metalic pants and replaced them with white pants. I don't like the white pants at all and still prefer the silver/grey metalic numbers on the jerseys over the white. And before I die I want to see us wear our road jerseys we wore in the 70's at least one more time. The true opposites of our white jerseys without the navy.

Really? I kind of like the white pants. I wish they would try out navy blue pants though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:33 pm

This is the time of year I invest in rookie cards to add to my collection of cards. Anyone have thoughts on how they think will end up being the top rookies this year? And Micah, if your interested, I found three different Dak Prescott rookie cards I bought 7 years ago and tucked away. I can't find a person that loves Dak more than you. I may also have an extra Elliot card to. Currently going through them.

Return to Dallas Cowboys