ImageImageImageImage

2017 Dallas Cowboys - Season Thread

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,750

Re: 2017 Dallas Cowboys - Season Thread 

Post#161 » by Romeiro Celtic » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Sometimes it feels like Jason Garrett's playbook has only one page full of rushing plays.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,120

Post#162 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:05 pm

romeiroceltic wrote:Our defense is looking better

It is? Looks pretty **** horrible to me.
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#163 » by Romeiro Celtic » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:09 pm

Seems that Taco finally done something
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#164 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Mr B wrote:

Getting some push up front finally. Granted they were playing against a depleted front but I thought Irving, Lawrence and Crawford all played very well. Still seeing a little more of J. Smith that I would like (he's just getting beat regularly) but I can't fault the Defense too much yesterday.

Need to cut the stupid penalties on Offense though. Final score should have been much more than it was.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#165 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:23 pm

romeiroceltic wrote:Seems that Taco finally done something

Hope that gives him some confidence. Based on the normal timetable for DE's, he should be starting to figure things out. So... we should hear his name a little more going into the 2nd half of the season.
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Dallas Cowboys - Season Thread 

Post#166 » by Romeiro Celtic » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:51 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Getting some push up front finally. Granted they were playing against a depleted front but I thought Irving, Lawrence and Crawford all played very well. Still seeing a little more of J. Smith that I would like (he's just getting beat regularly) but I can't fault the Defense too much yesterday.

Need to cut the stupid penalties on Offense though. Final score should have been much more than it was.

I still feel we need to balance our offense between rushing and passing. Dez should be used more often, he's still a good WR
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Dallas Cowboys - Season Thread 

Post#167 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:37 pm

romeiroceltic wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I still feel we need to balance our offense between rushing and passing. Dez should be used more often, he's still a good WR

Then he needs to get open. As long as our offense can run the football and maintain an time of possession that keeps the defense fresh... I'm an old school "Pound The Rock" guy.

Of course - the court ruling later this afternoon may make all of this a moot point.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,341

Post#168 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 pm

I still find it hard to believe that Elliot will get suspended this year. Still sticking to it. And on the football side of things, do they really want to crush their ratings next week? I mean Hunt VS. Elliot. That's a box office material match up for this season so far !!!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#169 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I still find it hard to believe that Elliot will get suspended this year. Still sticking to it. And on the football side of things, do they really want to crush their ratings next week? I mean Hunt VS. Elliot. That's a box office material match up for this season so far !!!

We’ll find out around 5:00 this evening. Seems like most are expecting him to not be granted the injunction and for him to start his suspension tonight.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#170 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:26 pm

So... there is one topic we haven't broached from the Redskins game which needs to be digested at some level.

Ryan Switzer. What the hell?

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM

Post#171 » by Mr B » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:53 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:So... there is one topic we haven't broached from the Redskins game which needs to be digested at some level.

Ryan Switzer. What the hell?

Read on Twitter

Apparently he misunderstood what he was supposed to do. The ST coach told him they had their hands team on the field so if they kick it deep he was to get as much as he could and then give himself up. I don’t think he meant for him to take a knee like that.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#172 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:25 am

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM

Post#173 » by Mr B » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:39 am

Yup, not really surprised. My bet is that they start McFadden. If they can keep their heads above water and go 4-2 during these 6 games they would still have a very good shot at one the Wild Card spots.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#174 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:02 am

Mr B wrote:Yup, not really surprised. My bet is that they start McFadden. If they can keep their heads above water and go 4-2 during these 6 games they would still have a very good shot at one the Wild Card spots.

At a minimum they have to go 3-3. Anything less than that and they aren’t making the playoffs.

Once again - that damn Rams game...
Mr B
RealGM

Post#175 » by Mr B » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:43 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Yup, not really surprised. My bet is that they start McFadden. If they can keep their heads above water and go 4-2 during these 6 games they would still have a very good shot at one the Wild Card spots.

At a minimum they have to go 3-3. Anything less than that and they aren’t making the playoffs.

That damn Rams AND Packers game. They had the lead in the 4th in both games. The defense couldn’t hold on to the lead in either game though. There is still 1 more chance that Zeke plays the next 6 games but but his options are running out. With the way Cooper and Collins have been playing the last couple of games I’m actually optimistic that DMC, Morris, and Smith can be really effective while Zeke is out.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#176 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

That damn Rams AND Packers game. They had the lead in the 4th in both games. The defense couldn’t hold on to the lead in either game though. There is still 1 more chance that Zeke plays the next 6 games but but his options are running out. With the way Cooper and Collins have been playing the last couple of games I’m actually optimistic that DMC, Morris, and Smith can be really effective while Zeke is out.

I'm moving on without Zeke. He's in "Slim & None" territory. None is about to win.

And - I'm interested in seeing a little more of Smith. I'd love to hang my hat on DMC but it's clear the Cowboys don't see him as anything more than 4th string. Chiefs run defense sucks. Let's give it a whirl.

In the end though, it's Dak's time to shine now.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#177 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:07 pm

Whoa!!!

Read on Twitter

(Update - never mind. Fake account.)
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#179 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Nov 1, 2017 12:09 pm

Mr B wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2741693-cowboys-reportedly-in-trade-market-for-rb-after-ezekiel-elliott-suspension

One of those "Click Bait" threads with nothing of substance that Bleacher Report is famous for. Just didn't see them trading for a RB with what they have on hand. Not with other needs.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#180 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Nov 3, 2017 2:15 pm

LOL!!!

Zeke is playing against the Chiefs!

Return to Dallas Cowboys