2021 NFL Draft. 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:38 am

What should be the positions of focus in our current situation? :thinking:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Re: 2021 NFL Draft. 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:00 pm

I know I have been screaming for DT for 7 years now and I still want one, but I want our number 1 pick to be a top OL. As a matter of fact with all our receivers we have now and after what happened to Dak last year, I have no objection for taking two OL by round 4.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#3 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:06 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I know I have been screaming for DT for 7 years now and I still want one, but I want our number 1 pick to be a top OL. As a matter of fact with all our receivers we have now and after what happened to Dak last year, I have no objection for taking two OL by round 4.

Unfortunately there are no stud DT’s in this draft. At 10 though there should be several really good players to pick from. Who will be there will depend on how many QB’s go in the top 10. There could be as many as 5 QB’s going in the top 10.

If the Cowboys are looking for defense their best bet is going with a CB. There are 3 very good CB’s that should be available. Patrick Surtain, Caleb Farley, and Jaycee Horn would all fit perfectly. My preference is Surtain but I’d be happy with anyone else of them.

There is a strong case to be made for Rashawn Slater. He might be a better prospect than Sewell. Slater can play every position on the OL. Kind of reminds me of a Zack Martin when he came out of Norte Dame

Those are really the only two positions I would prefer to draft at 10. Either a stud OL or a stud CB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:23 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I know I have been screaming for DT for 7 years now and I still want one, but I want our number 1 pick to be a top OL. As a matter of fact with all our receivers we have now and after what happened to Dak last year, I have no objection for taking two OL by round 4.

Unfortunately there are no stud DT’s in this draft. At 10 though there should be several really good players to pick from. Who will be there will depend on how many QB’s go in the top 10. There could be as many as 5 QB’s going in the top 10.

If the Cowboys are looking for defense their best bet is going with a CB. There are 3 very good CB’s that should be available. Patrick Surtain, Caleb Farley, and Jaycee Horn would all fit perfectly. My preference is Surtain but I’d be happy with anyone else of them.

There is a strong case to be made for Rashawn Slater. He might be a better prospect than Sewell. Slater can play every position on the OL. Kind of reminds me of a Zack Martin when he came out of Norte Dame

Those are really the only two positions I would prefer to draft at 10. Either a stud OL or a stud CB.

To be honest, I have no objection to taking two OL with our first two picks. Looney, Martin and what's his face will be back next year. I worry about T. Smith. He's been hurt a lot lately the past two years and I worry about him being used up physically. We are stuck with Zak for one more year to prevent a cap hit we might as well make sure we take care of our offensive studs and weapons and keep Dak upright and healthy. But after next season I want Elliot and everything about him gone. He's not worth it at all. I love Pollaard better anyway and we can always draft another RB.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#5 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:51 pm

Here’s the latest. There will very likely be 4 QB’s drafted in the top 6. Assuming Dak is going to be the QB this season then I would expect the Cowboys to still be looking at CB with the 10th pick. There are now 3 CB’s that are being projected to the Cowboys. Patrick Surtain Jr, Caleb Farley, or Jaycee Horn (son of Joe Horn) could be the pick. From what I’ve heard Dan Quinn typically likes to have 1 CB that is really good at man to man (like Diggs is), and like 1 CB that is a burner. So whichever one of these 3 guys runs the fastest at their workouts will likely be the pick.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,498

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:18 am

Mr B wrote:From what I’ve heard Dan Quinn typically likes to have 1 CB that is really good at man to man (like Diggs is), and like 1 CB that is a burner. So whichever one of these 3 guys runs the fastest at their workouts will likely be the pick.

Him & Kris Richard run the same Cover 3/1. Prioritize size & arm length over quickness. Sherman is the prototype. He might be available soon. Could be a Cowboy. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:09 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:From what I’ve heard Dan Quinn typically likes to have 1 CB that is really good at man to man (like Diggs is), and like 1 CB that is a burner. So whichever one of these 3 guys runs the fastest at their workouts will likely be the pick.

Him & Kris Richard run the same Cover 3/1. Prioritize size & arm length over quickness. Sherman is the prototype. He might be available soon. Could be a Cowboy. :wink:

That’s just what the “insiders” were talking about yesterday as far as the type of CB’s he likes. I guess we’ll find out in April.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16 pm

We should be able to get one of the top OL if not the top OL where we pick.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:We should be able to get one of the top OL if not the top OL where we pick.

That would be Penei Sewell. He’s likely going 3rd to the Dolphins, unless they trade out. The Cowboys will likely have a shot at Rashawn Slater. He’s being projected as an elite LT but he can play every position on the OL. At 6’3” he’s a little short for a LT.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:16 pm

I don't object taking CB with our first round pick. At least its a position of need. We got dominated on both sides of the ball last year in the trenches, especially when our whole OL was out, and you know how old school I am. I see a lot of value for us if we get top O-lineman. Of course I've been bitching about DT going on 8 years now and I still believe that is a huge need for us. Of course Jerry has a way of screwing up things so we will see. I just hate going to the hardware store to get a rake when we already have two of them in the shed. POSITION OF NEED PLEASE JERRY.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#12 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't object taking CB with our first round pick. At least its a position of need. We got dominated on both sides of the ball last year in the trenches, especially when our whole OL was out, and you know how old school I am. I see a lot of value for us if we get top O-lineman. Of course I've been bitching about DT going on 8 years now and I still believe that is a huge need for us. Of course Jerry has a way of screwing up things so we will see. I just hate going to the hardware store to get a rake when we already have two of them in the shed. POSITION OF NEED PLEASE JERRY.

Not sure how Quinn feels about having a run stuffing 1-tech DT. Hopefully he’s in favor of them. Unfortunately it’s a very weak draft for DT’s.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 2, 2021 5:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't object taking CB with our first round pick. At least its a position of need. We got dominated on both sides of the ball last year in the trenches, especially when our whole OL was out, and you know how old school I am. I see a lot of value for us if we get top O-lineman. Of course I've been bitching about DT going on 8 years now and I still believe that is a huge need for us. Of course Jerry has a way of screwing up things so we will see. I just hate going to the hardware store to get a rake when we already have two of them in the shed. POSITION OF NEED PLEASE JERRY.

Not sure how Quinn feels about having a run stuffing 1-tech DT. Hopefully he’s in favor of them. Unfortunately it’s a very weak draft for DT’s.

Then I hope he love's drafting LB's on defense. The whole LBing crew sucks donkey balls. I know. I sound like a broken record again. Been saying that for over 8 years along with DT. I'm still old school when it comes to stopping the run. I still haven't seen since 1970 any team that sucked vs. the run ever go anywhere or win a Super Bowl. Last year was the second worse ever against the run since our first year in 1960. At least that team had an excuse, they never had a draft. Each team had to give us their 4 worst scrubs for us to choose from. Fortunately they were able to pick Bob Lilly the next year with our very first pick ever. Hard to explain last year. Besides injuries, Nolan, the scheme and the players all had a collective contribution to suck.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#14 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 2, 2021 6:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Then I hope he love's drafting LB's on defense. The whole LBing crew sucks donkey balls. I know. I sound like a broken record again. Been saying that for over 8 years along with DT. I'm still old school when it comes to stopping the run. I still haven't seen since 1970 any team that sucked vs. the run ever go anywhere or win a Super Bowl. Last year was the second worse ever against the run since our first year in 1960. At least that team had an excuse, they never had a draft. Each team had to give us their 4 worst scrubs for us to choose from. Fortunately they were able to pick Bob Lilly the next year with our very first pick ever. Hard to explain last year. Besides injuries, Nolan, the scheme and the players all had a collective contribution to suck.

I expect they will be targeting LB’s in the middle rounds. Based on his prior defenses Quinn likes smaller LB’s that can run and are excellent tacklers.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 3, 2021 2:44 pm

Outside of two top notch O-Lineman, one starter and another for depth, I have no problem with all remaining picks being on defense. However, North Carolina has two stud RB's in this draft. They led the NCAA last season in the ground game and scoring T.D.'s. I want to dump Elliott's ass after this upcoming season.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 3, 2021 5:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Outside of two top notch O-Lineman, one starter and another for depth, I have no problem with all remaining picks being on defense. However, North Carolina has two stud RB's in this draft. They led the NCAA last season in the ground game a scoring T.D.'s. I want to dump Elliott's ass after this upcoming season.

It really depends on what they do with Zeke, if they draft a RB. If Zeke stays then there’s really no need to draft a RB higher than round 6 in my opinion.

If the Cowboys are looking to add a quality OL (LT specifically) in the 2nd round Alex Leatherwood might be there. He’s the LT from Bama. I have no problem whatsoever if the first two picks are:

1. Surtain/Farley/Horn
2. Alex Leatherwood

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:01 am

As long as we don't take a CB with our first pick.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#18 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:06 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:As long as we don't take a CB with our first pick.

Say what? That’s what they need. Well they need a lot but CB is high on the list. And the best player on the board will likely be a CB. That’s who Patrick Surtain, Caleb Farley, and Jaycee Horn are. One of those three CB’s will likely be the pick at 10. If not a CB then they need to draft the offensive lineman Rashawn Slater. The guy you need to worry about them drafting is the right end out of Florida, Kyle Pitts.

Here’s a story in Jaycee Horn.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:39 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:As long as we don't take a CB with our first pick.

Say what? That’s what they need. Well they need a lot but CB is high on the list. And the best player on the board will likely be a CB. That’s who Patrick Surtain, Caleb Farley, and Jaycee Horn are. One of those three CB’s will likely be the pick at 10. If not a CB then they need to draft the offensive lineman Rashawn Slater. The guy you need to worry about them drafting is the right end out of Florida, Kyle Pitts.

Here’s a story in Jaycee Horn.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

When you give up 200 yards on the ground almost every week, the passing game can wait.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:21 pm

Please let it be Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater.

Return to Dallas Cowboys