Dak thread

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Re: Dak: 4 years, $160m 

Post#101 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:He can do all he wants to repair the damage he's done. Doesn't change my mind one bit. Bad contract on Jerry's part once again. Dak is not the guy. He doesn't make people and the stars around him any better. There is no way in hell he can put the team on his shoulders and carry an offense. We've seen it now for 5 years. He ain't got it. He will never have it. Cowboys are screwed.[b] Plus he is dumb as a door nail. He couldn't read a defense even if they held up a sign telling what they were going to do. [/b]You guys can have your unhealthy man crash with Dak for the next 4 years, but I'm over it. He may not be a physical whimp, but he sure is a mental whimp.

Just a friendly reminder of a thought and prediction I made almost 2 years ago.

Yeah and 2 years ago I told you that you need to stop pretending to be a Cowboys fan. Dak aint going anywhere
and this franchise requires loyalty, an attribute you don't possess. Get your skirt and Chiefs poms poms and stick to that, it's more your style.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#102 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:05 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:He can do all he wants to repair the damage he's done. Doesn't change my mind one bit. Bad contract on Jerry's part once again. Dak is not the guy. He doesn't make people and the stars around him any better. There is no way in hell he can put the team on his shoulders and carry an offense. We've seen it now for 5 years. He ain't got it. He will never have it. Cowboys are screwed.[b] Plus he is dumb as a door nail. He couldn't read a defense even if they held up a sign telling what they were going to do. [/b]You guys can have your unhealthy man crash with Dak for the next 4 years, but I'm over it. He may not be a physical whimp, but he sure is a mental whimp.

Just a friendly reminder of a thought and prediction I made almost 2 years ago.

Yeah and 2 years ago I told you that you need to stop pretending to be a Cowboys fan. Dak aint going anywhere
and this franchise requires loyalty, an attribute you don't possess. Get your skirt and Chiefs poms poms and stick to that, it's more your style.

What does Dak's play have anything to do with me or anyone else in here being a Cowboy fan?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#103 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:25 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Just a friendly reminder of a thought and prediction I made almost 2 years ago.

What does Dak's play have anything to do with me or anyone else in here being a Cowboy fan?

You can't be a fan when you hate the 1. Owner 2. Coach 3. QB

You can't really be a fan of a football team when you're rooting against the QB to succeed. And that is your existence as supposed "Cowboys fan". To root against the QB. As evidence by you bumping this thread just to say "Look guys! I've been rooting against Dak for years now!"
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#104 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:33 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Yeah and 2 years ago I told you that you need to stop pretending to be a Cowboys fan. Dak aint going anywhere

You can't be a fan when you hate the 1. Owner 2. Coach 3. QB

You can't really be a fan of a football team when you're rooting against the QB to succeed. And that is your existence as supposed "Cowboys fan". To root against the QB. As evidence by you bumping this thread just to say "Look guys! I've been rooting against Dak for years now!"

Right on cue!! Can't even answer the question. You never get tired of Dak passing gas and still trying to pass it off as perfume.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#105 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:39 pm

That was the answer to your question genius. I don't even know what kind of response you were expecting here from bumping that...like "awesome job BJJ! You've been hating Dak for YEARS now! You're the best!" smh

If you don't like the team...you should go find a new team. It's still not too late to jump on the Tua bandwagon...you can tell people you've known he was good for years. Some might buy it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#106 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:52 pm

See, your turning me making a prediction to rooting against him. Why would I root against him? Sometimes I bet on the Cowboys. However I won't lie. There have been some times over the past few years that I bet against them. Wasn't because I was rooting against them, I just knew they would fail that week.
P.S. How many times this year do I have to post that I love this team except for 3 pieces? To me your not a real fan. To keep defending a coach and QB that gives us no chance of ever winning a Super Bowl.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,466

Post#107 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:41 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#108 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:53 am

Dak's agent definitely has ammo now. Not because of PFF but because he has worked his way up the stat charts and will likely be a ProBowler this season.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#109 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:24 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Dak's agent definitely has ammo now. Not because of PFF but because he has worked his way up the stat charts and will likely be a ProBowler this season.

This is pretty much what I predicted. Dak would put up great numbers during the regular season and would be in the MVP conversation. It’s the other part I predicted that he needs to prevent from happening.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#110 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:26 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dak's agent definitely has ammo now. Not because of PFF but because he has worked his way up the stat charts and will likely be a ProBowler this season.

This is pretty much what I predicted. Dak would put up great numbers during the regular season and would be in the MVP conversation. It’s the other part I predicted that he needs to prevent from happening.

He is #5 in Vegas MVP odds behind Mahomes, Hurts, Tua, and Lamar.

Almost always goes to the best player on the team with the best record so realistically I don't think he has any chance. Either Lamar or Hurts is my guess.

But yeah, I think even Dak himself doesn't want to be a regular season stat champion. That's basically been the Cowboys franchise theme as a whole starting with Romo. We dominate on paper, just waiting for it to translate to the post season.
Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#111 » by Mamba42 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:57 pm

If we could extend Dak for his current rate for another 3 years, would you do it right now (not knowing how the season will play out)?

So another 3 years and 120 million fully guaranteed
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#112 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:21 pm

Mamba42 wrote:If we could extend Dak for his current rate for another 3 years, would you do it right now (not knowing how the season will play out)?

Hell no. :talkhand: Don't you want to win a Super Bowl?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#113 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:17 pm

Mamba42 wrote:If we could extend Dak for his current rate for another 3 years, would you do it right now (not knowing how the season will play out)?

Absolutely

What is even the alternative?

Reality is we aren't going to find anything better than Dak any time soon.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#114 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:24 pm

Dak now leads the NFL in TD passes with 23 + 2 rushing TDs

He is the 2nd highest rated passer in the NFL behind only Purdy who is dwindling downward statistically.

Honestly if Dallas had just 1 more win Dak would probably be the front runner for MVP right now.
Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#115 » by Mamba42 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:30 pm

Yeah if we could keep him at the current rate I'd definitely do it.

I think it'll be another market setting contract though and I don't love that
Mr B
RealGM

Post#116 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:44 pm

Look, we all know (even BJJ I’m sure) that Dak is a very good regular season QB. None of that matters though if you can’t elevate your team in the playoffs. I personally have to wait until the playoffs are done. Let’s see how far he leads the team before extending his contract.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#117 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:48 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

Absolutely

The reality is the Cowboys have previously found 2 QB’s in the middle rounds and in free agency (Dak and Romo). There are alternatives to Dak. There is no reason to handicap the teams salary cap for a guy that has proven (so far) that he can’t get it done in the playoffs. Has Dak looked great in the regular season this year? Yes he has. Is that any different since he’s been here? Nope. Let’s see what he does in this seasons playoffs before breaking the bank and handicapping the team. What exactly is wrong with waiting until this off season?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#118 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:51 pm

Mamba42 wrote:Yeah if we could keep him at the current rate I'd definitely do it.

I think it'll be another market setting contract though and I don't love that

You also have to factor in that Daknis going to play hardball with the contract extension. It does not benefit him to sign now for the same rate. He knows he cannot get franchised again likely wants a contract that the NFL has never seen before. Is that really a guy you want, a guy that can’t win in the playoffs?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#119 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:11 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Absolutely

The reality is the Cowboys have previously found 2 QB’s in the middle rounds and in free agency (Dak and Romo). There are alternatives to Dak. There is no reason to handicap the teams salary cap for a guy that has proven (so far) that he can’t get it done in the playoffs. Has Dak looked great in the regular season this year? Yes he has. Is that any different since he’s been here? Nope. Let’s see what he does in this seasons playoffs before breaking the bank and handicapping the team. What exactly is wrong with waiting until this off season?

I'm fine waiting as long as we can afford to do so in Daks contract. But the reality is good QBs don't grow on trees. I think we got super lucky with Dak, he's the best QB in that entire draft. I just highly doubt we can find anything to even equal him.

I think they're is maybe a 5% chance at best that Trey Lance could ever become Dak. And that's being generous
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#120 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:20 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Absolutely

Keep adding pieces and drafting QB's. Finish the defense and add a couple O-lineman. We could use a couple stud LB's to elevate this defense even more. Trading Dak to one of the scrub teams in the league for a higher draft pick is not a bad idea either. I can see Dak being the QB of the Bears, Patriots, Titans, Rams, Raiders or Panthers. We can finish this team in ALL areas if we can get rid of Dak's horrible contract and get a good young QB on the cheap for 4 years. Extending Dak's contract another 2 years or so would do nothing but delay us a trip to a Super Bowl.

Return to Dallas Cowboys